1. Post

Halo 2 PC multiplayer servers will be officially turned off mid February

http://www.gamezone.com/products/hal...f-mid-february

Even though there are a bunch of Halo games out there available for you to play on the Xbox 360, the PC unfortunately was only left with the original and Halo 2. However, those still playing the Halo 2 multiplayer on PC will soon have to live without it.

On February 15th, Bungie will be turning off the multiplayer servers for Halo 2, though LAN play will of course still be available, you know, for those hardcore Halo 2 PC fans out there.

The announcement made by Bungie states:

"We've been monitoring the population for months, and it's been peaking consistently at approximately 20 players or less."

2. Post
    What am I going to play now?

3. Post
    People played Halo 2 on the PC? Why?

4. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Pretty much this.

5. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    People played Halo 2 Why?
    :confused:

6. Post
    Those poor 20 players.

7. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    To point out the obvious:-
    The PC version destroyed the Xbox original (Once you fixed the moment mouse lag.)
    The obvious precision and speed of mouse aim.

The PC version didn't have the awful texture pop in for one.

8. Post
    STILL MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    To point out the obvious:-
    The PC version destroyed the Xbox original (Once you fixed the moment mouse lag.)
    The obvious precision and speed of mouse aim.

The PC version didn't have the awful texture pop in for one.
    It had the worst MP of all the Halo titles, if it was anything like the Xbox version it was a big race to dual-wield the nearest Plasma Rifle, then you were practically invincible if you were on a map that had no rocket launchers/swords (even swords could be dodged at close range if you were skilled enough). If you respawned near a PR/SMG dual-weilder, your only option of winning the battle was nades but since they nerfed the heck out of them from Halo 1 (the blast radius of the regular nade was abysmal, for example), they didn't help much. TBH even CoD had better MP and that's saying quite a bit.

10. Post
    My combo on halo 2 was always the energy sword and a sniper rifle.

11. Post
    If LAN play's still available, then I'm sure you could a XBConnect equivalent service (hamachi?) that tricks LAN clients into online play anyway.

12. Post
    Halo 1 in IT Classes back in High School is where it's at

Was quite funny though. We had two Classes going at the same pretty much next door to each other.

Just do the quick Alt + Tab every time the teacher came around.

Useless Computer Administrators though, They eventually caught on.

//Probably not even related to thread. Didn't read.

13. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    It had the worst MP of all the Halo titles, if it was anything like the Xbox version it was a big race to dual-wield the nearest Plasma Rifle, then you were practically invincible if you were on a map that had no rocket launchers/swords (even swords could be dodged at close range if you were skilled enough). If you respawned near a PR/SMG dual-weilder, your only option of winning the battle was nades but since they nerfed the heck out of them from Halo 1 (the blast radius of the regular nade was abysmal, for example), they didn't help much. TBH even CoD had better MP and that's saying quite a bit.
    Have you ever actually played halo.....Plasma rifle was one of the worst weapons. Heavily nerfed after 1 where it pratically froze you while being shot.

14. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    I disagree to an extent.

It was the noob combo, over charge PP swap to the BR. Foe down in two blips.

15. Post
    I kinda liked the mp of halo 2 .. :P But never realised there was a halo 2 pc version thou.