Page 1 of 25 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Eve Online

Hey all, I'm curious. How many people here play this game?

I've been playing since late '07. and still going strong.

2. Post
    In before "spreadsheets in space"

3. Post
    haha why "spreadsheets in space"

Oh also, for those of you who know about The CFC (cluster**** Coalition) and the HBC (honey badger coalition).

Test reset goons and majority of cfc.... **** is about to get serious haha, CFC vs HBC

4. Post
    Tried it recently. Utterly frustrating experience.

5. Post
    I believe this will be the reason why

6. Post
    Good game, but like most MMO's it requires that you basically give up half your life. You can't log in casually and have a decent experience.

7. Post
    Yeah true, hoping Citizen Zero and Elite change that a bit. I have Eve account but it really requires allot of work to figure out all the **** and I have not played for ages so can't remember anything.

Currently I play WoT due to its simplicity. Don't mind harder games, its just Eve is just too much for casual playing. Also I'm a twitch gaming fan, not a point click and wait for actions to complete.

8. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Good game, but like most MMO's it requires that you basically give up half your life. You can't log in casually and have a decent experience.
    Pretty much this. If I was an independently wealthy hermit with no ties to the real world then it would be the perfect game to lose yourself in.

9. Post
    Yeah I gave up when single multi stage missions would take hours to complete and have to be completed in one sitting. Good fun up to a point though.

Just waiting for Star Citizen to scratch my space itch.

10. Post
    They lost me permanently when they stopped skill training when your account is inactive. At least when it kept going when you weren't subscribed you could set a long skill going and take a month off and when I wanted to stop playing for a long break I only had to be subscribed some of the time to keep up with the skill training.

When they took that away I gave up. I came back for a month a couple of years latter and thought of how many more sp I could have had and gave up forever. Gave away all my assets to a friend.
    Eagle32

11. Post
    Eagle32 wrote:
    They lost me permanently when they stopped skill training when your account is inactive. At least when it kept going when you weren't subscribed you could set a long skill going and take a month off and when I wanted to stop playing for a long break I only had to be subscribed some of the time to keep up with the skill training.

When they took that away I gave up. I came back for a month a couple of years latter and thought of how many more sp I could have had and gave up forever. Gave away all my assets to a friend.
    I honestly dont know if they really 'stopped' that :/ I've found recently that skills that where training on the chars finish while my chars have been inactive.

12. Post
    Pledged and waiting for Star Citizen. Played EVE for a while, really enjoyed the mining and logistics thing but couldn't commit to it and as such was hard to get a mining conglomerate going, also the need for multiple accounts running simultaneously to be effective didn't gel too well with me. Don't think I'll go back, even though they're doing some pretty amazing and progressive stuff.

13. Post
    SteveE wrote:
    Just waiting for Star Citizen to scratch my space itch.

14. Post
    Toastie wrote:
    Pledged and waiting for Star Citizen. Played EVE for a while, really enjoyed the mining and logistics thing but couldn't commit to it and as such was hard to get a mining conglomerate going, also the need for multiple accounts running simultaneously to be effective didn't gel too well with me. Don't think I'll go back, even though they're doing some pretty amazing and progressive stuff.
    admitedly I pledged to star citizen aswell haha looks really good, and with the extra money they didnt expect to get. SHould be fantastic !

15. Post
    Loved it, didn't have the time to continue it.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

16. Post
    Watched a stream of it, looks kinda cool but im a big Elite fanboy so waiting for that baby to become real.

17. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Loved it, didn't have the time to continue it.
    +1

I still have a billion isk or so sitting on my account

18. Post
    Therk wrote:
    +1

I still have a billion isk or so sitting on my account
    E-beg alert!

Q1: Does anybody know if EVE isk can be transferred to DUST-514 players?

Q2: If so, are you using yours anymore Therk?

Q3: If not, can I have it?

19. Post
    Played it, good fun but as always - way to much commitment required to actually play the real game.

20. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    E-beg alert!

If not then im not sure how EVE players and corps would hire DUST-514 players and corps to fight for them - which is the entire point of the games being linked.

21. Post
    Nakor wrote:
    If not then im not sure how EVE players and corps would hire DUST-514 players and corps to fight for them - which is the entire point of the games being linked.
    I know.

I was trying to be a bit less obnoxious with my e-beg!

22. Post
    currently playing although mostly station spinning and chatting. cant be ****ed deploying with alliance as most ops are in russian prime, ****ing solar timers.

23. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    E-beg alert!

Q2: If so, are you using yours anymore Therk?

Q3: If not, can I have it?

Yes isk can be transfered between eve players and dust (once it is allowed which is stated by CCP to be very soon), but it will come with tax at first just to stabilize the market.

24. Post
    Dairusire wrote:
    Yes isk can be transfered between eve players and dust (once it is allowed which is stated by CCP to be very soon), but it will come with tax at first just to stabilize the market.
    Is that SOONtm?

25. Post
    havent played for years but it was good times when i did.
    still have a faction/officer fit pvp vindi hanging about somewhere that i should really lose