2. Post
    Never even heard of it

3. Post
    i dunno whose amped that is

4. Post
    Rungus wrote:
    Never even heard of it
    Neither.

After watching the video a few times trying to figure out WTF is going on, this looks like it might actually be a pretty cool game.

5. Post
    Watch this then buy

6. Post
    entensity wrote:
    Watch this then buy
    Looks like an absolute mind ****.

Might actually get it.

7. Post
    Looks annoying tbh

8. Post
    Seems similar to The Stanley Parable.

9. Post
    entensity wrote:
    Watch this then buy
    Oh yeah, this looks awesome. Definite case of gameplay>graphics

10. Post
    Mithster18 wrote:
    Seems similar to The Stanley Parable.
    Oh my goodness, can't wait for that either.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=95511356

You can play the original mod right now, and I strongly suggest that you get onto that shit asap.

11. Post
    What. wrote:
    I AM

12. Post
    Games for druggies . com

13. Post
    so its a maze game

14. Post
    Shikari wrote:
    i dunno whose amped that is

15. Post
    The Paladin wrote:
    Oh yeah, this looks awesome. Definite case of gameplay>graphics
    I would love to see more games with this style.

A fps shooter that has this no texture style would be great imo. I love it.
    When you kill someone there blood could stain the world madworld styles

16. Post
    The graphics aren't just minimalistic, they have no aesthetic taste, which frustrates me. There's being minimalist for a function, and then there's being minimalist without understanding the style. They missed the mark horribly for me, sadly. Looks like an interesting game.

17. Post
    friskeN wrote:
    The graphics aren't just minimalistic, they have no aesthetic taste, which frustrates me. There's being minimalist for a function, and then there's being minimalist without understanding the style. They missed the mark horribly for me, sadly. Looks like an interesting game.
    The more posts from you I read, the more I think you are very disjointed from reality.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

18. Post
    Apologies, but I value good design (graphic, level, game, product, anything). The game shown above isn't minimalist like the commentator states, it's so kitsch that it really does put me off. The general design (how the colours/lights appear, the movement of the camera, the signs etc) seem more accidental and hasty than coherently designed.

This game, has a designed style that works. The gameplay and style of the game strongly accent one another. The game above would have been 100 times better IMO if the developers had spent time developing a succinct style for it.

19. Post
    friskeN wrote:
    Apologies, but I value good design (graphic, level, game, product, anything). The game shown above isn't minimalist like the commentator states, it's so kitsch that it really does put me off. The general design (how the colours/lights appear, the movement of the camera, the signs etc) seem more accidental and hasty than coherently designed.
    I completely disagree with your assessment. I assume you haven't actually played it?

Privoxy wrote:
    The more posts from you I read, the more I think you are very disjointed from reality.

This game is actually really awesome. For 15USD, even better. Literally my only complaint so far is that there isn't a 1600x900 resolution.
    Sound and music is great. Level design is the same. It doesn't feel like any game I've played before, though the puzzle aspect kinda reminds me of Portal.

A+++++++ would play again.

20. Post
    I'm really looking forward to playing the game, don't get me wrong! The gameplay looks amazing. I just think it would have been better if more effort had been put into the aesthetics of it.

21. Post
    You say it like the style the developer has decided to go with is "wrong". You say similar things about Path of Exile, like you are demanding the up most highest possible quality at all times, disregarding everything else.

Unless you are either a software developer or a texture artist you should really think twice about things.

22. Post
    I feel in this case, I feel they gave little/no effort to developing the visual style of the game. And with a game that is so minimalistic in its gameplay/style it is a shame because the look of the game can add so much to the entire feel of it. I have never said anything about Path of Exile's graphical style (I'm assuming you're talking about my questions about the fixed map, which was generally a question and I never, ever said they were wrong for doing so. I stood corrected by stating that I was the only one who felt that way) Anywho that is a completely different matter, I'm surprised you would bring that up here.

23. Post
    Its a reflection on your personality and lack of thought before calling something "wrong" simply because you don't like it. Its pretty obvious the style the developer was going for and I think he has done a damn good job of it.

His justification for not loading it up seems like a good justifiable one. Yet you think it was just rushed and he was lazy?

As with the PoE comment, was more about you making a deal that the game would be better if it was more like MU.

24. Post
    I never said anything about PoE was wrong? Here, I'm saying there's a clear difference between developing an art style to be minimalist and just not developing a style and saying it's minimalist.

25. Post
    friskeN wrote:
    I never said anything about PoE was wrong? Here, I'm saying there's a clear difference between developing an art style to be minimalist and just not developing a style and saying it's minimalist.
    A lack of style is still a style.