Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

HoN 3.0

Is out!

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/news/

Worth a try if you have not played in a while. 60,000 people online at the moment.

Recruit a friend bonuses now (MajikPixie is me if ya feeling generous) and quite a few cool changes. It has beginner friendly modes and stuff.

(I realise this is the LoL forums but the HoN forums got deleted and they are similar games anyway, just comes down to personal preference)

2. Post
    Still got that 10-year old WC3 legacy Agi/str/int core? yeah nah.

3. Post
    Yeah its not for everyone, much like LoL isn't for everyone. Just nowhere else to post since the HoN forums got converted to LoL ones.

The new graphics is awesome with the old gameplay style.

4. Post
    Make a HoN thread in GD and use it as your forum for a couple of years.

5. Post
    Ouch.

6. Post
    Is HoN free?

7. Post
    spoot wrote:
    Just nowhere else to post since the HoN forums got converted to LoL ones.
    While I do respect the HoN community (both on GP and at large), please do not confuse what happened between the HoN & LoL forums. The HoN forum wasn't converted, it was deleted. This forum is new. We received a lot of stick from HoN & DotA GPers (even the admins had it in for us) for a while so don't be surprised if there are GPers here who are sensitive about non-related threads in this forum.

With that said, I like having HoN stuff posted in here because 1) I still keep up to date with HoN and 2)We took over the HoN forums at one point so fair is fair...

8. Post
    Ah didn't know that and don't get why so many people are angsty between games...

HoN is free to play

9. Post
    fretai03 wrote:
    With that said, I like having HoN stuff posted in here because 1) I still keep up to date with HoN and 2)We took over the HoN forums at one point so fair is fair...
    As long as 'here' means in the general Games forum. Damned if other games are going to have threads in the League of Legends one after how long it took to get it opened.

E: thread moved. Hope no one's too offended.

10. Post
    So the big feature in update 3.0 is community input based bots? Playing catch up isn't really going to entice me to return now that Dota 2 has AU servers tbh, and I don't imagine the value proposition for new players has increased substantially with bots either (compared to competing products).

11. Post
    spoot wrote:
    HoN is free to play
    Ha, even when its free nobody wants to play it

Edit: I'll take this back when this thread is the reason for HoN getting its own subforums.

12. Post
    spoot wrote:
    Ah didn't know that and don't get why so many people are angsty between games...
    you speak the truth phil, its pathetic the amount of cross game bashing banter you come across

trolls.

13. Post
    More like Pay to Play Heroes. legacy reporting in.

New Graphics are not awesome, They're the same, just with some enhancements.

Like the new interface though. Was hoping they would make more skin changes to some of the original heroes.

14. Post
    Why would you play HoN over DOTA2? The heroes are all either copied or poorly made.

15. Post
    Still not excite, back to lol.
    han16

16. Post
    Was the release date for this known publicly ahead of time? Pretty convenient that Riot happens to put out the S3 ladder system on the same day 3.0 comes out.

17. Post
    Was known for most of Jan iirc. Still play dota over HoN, mostly because thats what all my mates play. Games are just more fun with mates

18. Post
    Meta-Wrecker wrote:
    Why would you play HoN over DOTA2? The heroes are all either copied or poorly made.

Because I prefer it? DotA doesn't feel right..

19. Post
    I actually liked some of the Non-dotaclone heroes HoN brought it, Pandamonium was fun, and Deadwood's unique gank mechanic was great for "SUPRISE, MOTHERF****ER!" moments.

20. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    So the big feature in update 3.0 is community input based bots? Playing catch up isn't really going to entice me to return now that Dota 2 has AU servers tbh, and I don't imagine the value proposition for new players has increased substantially with bots either (compared to competing products).
    Dota 2 has grown on me and I do like it. BUT... they need to fix the wait time for MM.
    I spammed the admin forum and all i got was a custom tag telling me I'm a tool

21. Post
    =C= wrote:
    Dota 2 has grown on me and I do like it. BUT... they need to fix the wait time for MM.
    How to fix:

get more people playing

So you're not really helping.

22. Post
    Pretty cool update. I like the changes they made to the map, looks a lot better now.

Also tried a game with bots only lol, is pretty fun and a good place to try heroes I'm useless with

23. Post
    Shikari wrote:
    How to fix:

get more people playing

So you're not really helping.
    I've given away quite a few gifts already. I'm doing my share of helping. What about you?
    I spammed the admin forum and all i got was a custom tag telling me I'm a tool

24. Post
    spoot wrote:

60,000 people online at the moment.
    Current Peak
    153,896 256,981 Dota 2

25. Post
    Only play HoN mid wars for a quick blast now and again.

Found DotA2 to be a bit clunky..

Don't get me started on lol.

Edit/ 3.0 seems alright, not enough to entice me to play more though :/

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last