Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3355

1. Post
    Upscaling is cheap, imerssion breaking POS mechanic unsuitable for a story driven RPG.

2. Post
    The problem with upscaling is that everything just takes longer -I don't need random scrub encounters to be dragged out like that...

3. Post
    bellyfrog wrote:
    Do you have enemy upscaling on? That causes most bosses in the game to one-shot you.

Don't remember having much trouble with that fight on DM.
    I dont know what that is, but I should've stayed away from the mission with the red skull. I'm on level 20, enemies are 36 or thereabouts.

4. Post
    I only do missions when I'm within 2-3 levels of its recommended level. You're having a laugh if you think you can take on dudes ~15 levels higher than you.

Using dat Tapatalk app

5. Post
    Well, I don't think that at all. I didn't know they were that level going in.

6. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Well, I don't think that at all. I didn't know they were that level going in.
    The Quest Log should indicate difficulty for your quests as well. Just in case you didnt notice it before :P

7. Post
    Greyfrog wrote:
    The Quest Log should indicate difficulty for your quests as well. Just in case you didnt notice it before :P
    Witcher 3 101.

Using dat Tapatalk app

8. Post
    Bellyfrog what did you do for Heavy attack build? Your fast attack build was similar to how i played it but cat school and a few of the skills were bugged initially and didn't have enough for so much alchemy. Quite like to try out heavy later on for sure, a tanky god for the DLC perhaps? Yeah. Do you still use fast attacks at all? Will try out DS4 controller this time, i think it'll probably suit this game better than K/M.

Will reference these last few pages when I get around to playing it, real life is kicking me in the ass right now...

9. Post
    brand wrote:
    The problem with upscaling is that everything just takes longer -I don't need random scrub encounters to be dragged out like that...
    Hard, that's how I feel about it too - totally trivialises combat progression.

bionic.man wrote:
    Upscaling is cheap, imerssion breaking POS mechanic unsuitable for a story driven RPG.
    I agree Bionic, it is a real piece of shit

10. Post
    spfun wrote:
    Bellyfrog what did you do for Heavy attack build? Your fast attack build was similar to how i played it but cat school and a few of the skills were bugged initially and didn't have enough for so much alchemy. Quite like to try out heavy later on for sure, a tanky god for the DLC perhaps? Yeah. Do you still use fast attacks at all? Will try out DS4 controller this time, i think it'll probably suit this game better than K/M.

Will reference these last few pages when I get around to playing it, real life is kicking me in the ass right now...
    Heavy attack build take all the heavy perks and resolve/razor focus. In alchemy get acquired tolerance, heightened tolerance, protective coatings (most important for tank), tissue transformation, synergy. I suggest using the auto-apply oils mod for this build since applying a new oil for every fight is really tiresome.

Protective coatings + Arachas decoction + Euphoria + Quen Shield and you are basically invincible. I never use a fast attack as I can't be hurt and strong one-shots most mobs.

11. Post
    Greyfrog wrote:
    I just saw the red skull which i know means beyond your level but thought meh, how bad could it be?

Turns out pretty bad

12. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    I just saw the red skull which i know means beyond your level but thought meh, how bad could it be?

Turns out pretty bad
    It depends on the mission/types of enemies you face. Getting swarmed by a horde of scrub enemies 10 levels higher than you is harder than facing one "boss" type enemy that is 10 levels higher. Mainly because the boss has a set pattern/weakness you can exploit.

I remember running into a "tree" creature that I was way under-leveled for but it went down fast because it had a weakness to fire and I had igni fully leveled to cause burning.

13. Post
    I tried to take out a level 11 guy at level 5. My weapons and signs just did sweet **** all damage. Was a war of attrition. I got bored and impatient, then died.

Using dat Tapatalk app

14. Post
    When I first went to Velen I went to that northern place of power where there's a level 18 wyvern I think? Took it out at level 4 on DM. Did take about 3 min but was pretty fun.

15. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I tried to take out a level 11 guy at level 5. My weapons and signs just did sweet **** all damage. Was a war of attrition. I got bored and impatient, then died.

Using dat Tapatalk app
    bellyfrog wrote:
    When I first went to Velen I went to that northern place of power where there's a level 18 wyvern I think? Took it out at level 4 on DM. Did take about 3 min but was pretty fun.
    My first playthrough I attempted the odd red skulled enemy on DM, took so long to get one shotted after a 10 min crawl

My rule of thumb on my 2nd DM playthrough was just run and leave them to their business, come back 10 levels later and smash their face in

16. Post
    This game is like War & Peace, it drags out inexorably and I'm really just playing it to finish it now. I just did a mission that took fking ages where the Witchers got ratarse drunk and dressed as women to use the megascope. At least i got a Gwent card out of it but otherwise, pointless AF.

17. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    This game is like War & Peace, it drags out inexorably and I'm really just playing it to finish it now. I just did a mission that took fking ages where the Witchers got ratarse drunk and dressed as women to use the megascope. At least i got a Gwent card out of it but otherwise, pointless AF.
    I thought that was one of the most memorable RPG quests I've ever come across. But ya know, to each their own.

18. Post
    You're the only person on Earth not to have enjoyed that part.

19. Post
    ^ This.

20. Post
    Gotta say, the night sky and ambient music in B&W have hit that perfect note for the first time since Morrowind.

21. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    wait? What? That quest is fantastic.

22. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    That quest brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Weird

23. Post
    This is tormenta we're talking about though...so....

24. Post
    I guess the dressing up in women's underwear hit a little to close to home...

25. Post
    Lol'd at the "tribute" to a certain popular film when the dwarf said "You'll have me, and my axe!"