Results 3,351 to 3,374 of 3374

1. Post
    koldz wrote:
    Are Hearts of Stone and the Blood and Wine easy to jump into if you haven't played since launch?

I finished the game when it came out, ****ing loved it, but imagine it'd be dificult to get back into it again.
    Not really. I put it aside for about 9 months before coming back for the expansions. Took a few minutes to get back into the combat again but it's fairly intuitive anyway.

2. Post
    Sorted my levels out. I can stay within 1 level of the main story quests by just completing those at the appropriate level, then I go and complete any grey secondary quests with nerfed XP (level scaling on, Blood and Broken Bones difficulty).
    Currently level 23 at Kaer Morhen, 50 hours in.

Must say the inventory management is much more palatable than Witcher 2. I'm spending very little time having to deal with being overloaded.

Screwed up the last Yen mission (did it too late), so I've romanced Triss instead.

One of my favourite bits so far:

3. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    The best part of the game is before you, I'd warmly recommend that you play it in one go, and reap the rewards of amazing build up.

4. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    Sorted my levels out. I can stay within 1 level of the main story quests by just completing those at the appropriate level, then I go and complete any grey secondary quests with nerfed XP (level scaling on, Blood and Broken Bones difficulty).

Must say the inventory management is much more palatable than Witcher 2. I'm spending very little time having to deal with being overloaded.

Screwed up the last Yen mission (did it too late), so I've romanced Triss instead.

One of my favourite bits so far:
    Heh. You're lucky you weren't playing on release day then. All the herbs and crafting materials used to have weight. Not fun at all, so glad they changed it.

5. Post
    hackdrag0n wrote:
    Heh. You're lucky you weren't playing on release day then. All the herbs and crafting materials used to have weight. Not fun at all, so glad they changed it.
    One of the million awesome QoL improvements done over the course of ~2 years of amazing patches

6. Post
    I'm back into my witcher 3 again.

Trying to decide on a new build to take into B&W.

Just tried out a passive sign build. Maxed out Quen and just walked around and let guys kill themselves from the reflective damage and exploding quen. Literally don't have to swing my sword. Lol worthy, but boring as ****....
    Last edited by Haisley; 16th July 2017 at 8:12 pm. Reason: grammar

7. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I'm back into my witcher 3 again.

Trying to decide on a new build to take into B&W.

Just did tried out a passive sign build. Maxed out Quen and just walked around and let guys kill themselves from the reflective damage and exploding quen. Literally don't have to swing my sword. Lol worthy, but boring as ****....
    Hoo boy that sounds like a bit of fun if you mixed in some fire in there: spray them with Igni, then Quen up and eat some Doritos whilst the charcoaled bastards kill themselves

8. Post
    did you guys like W2?

9. Post
    IST wrote:
    Hoo boy that sounds like a bit of fun if you mixed in some fire in there: spray them with Igni, then Quen up and eat some Doritos whilst the charcoaled bastards kill themselves
    Yeah man, spray and walk away, then wait for them to come hit you, and quen up.

10. Post
    Kog wrote:
    did you guys like W2?
    Loved it, some parts of the story I think are superior to W3 even: bit more grimdark.

Overall, W3 smokes it and the grandness of it all is amazing, but W2 and (moreso) W1 are must plays IMO.

11. Post
    I'm thinking of replaying W2 through the path i didn't take and taking the save into W3 for a signs build I haven't tried yet. I've played a few games since I finished with W3 and they've all been rather meh worthy, how could any possibly compete with the greatness of W3?

Is the keyboard the ideal choice for a signs build? I used a controller last time and it felt awkward quickly changing between signs. I'd like to re-cast quen mid-fight while using igni, yrden and Aard in a full signs game.

12. Post
    Someone made a "Corvo Bianco feast" in screenshots, quest doesn't actually exist, but after seeing it, the flames of want are roaring.

http://imgur.com/a/evxi4

13. Post
    Kog wrote:
    did you guys like W2?
    I played through W2 a couple times before W3 came out. It's all good. W2 is linear though. Which I'd find hard to go back to after playing the open world of W3.

14. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    W2 is linear though. Which I'd find hard to go back to after playing the open world of W3.
    To be fair W2 has about four different endings plus a branching plot line with different missions that depends on your choice. It is far from linear and rewards several replays but it isn't open world.

15. Post
    How do you know how many hours you have played?

16. Post
    darryn wrote:
    How do you know how many hours you have played?
    In the inventory menu, or just check on steam hours.

17. Post
    brand wrote:
    To be fair W2 has about four different endings plus a branching plot line with different missions that depends on your choice. It is far from linear and rewards several replays but it isn't open world.
    this. one of the biggest misconceptions about open world is that it is less linear that non open world.
    oftentimes it's just an illusion that the player has more freedom when literally it's just an expanded hub

18. Post
    Hmm... I just looked it up W2 had 16 different endings (cut down to 8 in the PC version) plus another 9 endings where Geralt fails/dies.

That is pretty impressive...

NOTE: Link contains spoilers (duh)
    http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2_ending

19. Post
    "The effect these endings have on any potential sequels is currently unknown." lulz

20. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    "The effect these endings have on any potential sequels is currently unknown." lulz
    You get a sweet tattoo which carries over

21. Post
    brand wrote:
    You get a sweet tattoo which carries over
    Clearly 16 different endings don't carry the marketed value in comparison to one drunken night in a whorehouse

22. Post
    Really enjoying my time in b&w. It's a completely different vibe to velen, novigrad and skellige.

Good variety of quests too. Went looking for the family jewels. Tried to sweet talk the bank attendant to give me the form needed to withdrawal my funds. Went treasure hunting for grand master schematics. Discovered Dr moraues secret lair. Defeated some exotic creatures.

Great times this afternoon

23. Post
    New HD mod covers B&W, in case you didn't know

24. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    New HD mod covers B&W, in case you didn't know
    Been using it since ages ago (last night).