Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Lord British Presents... no one knows. Yet

Teaser site from the creator of Ultima, that teases.

I've not been following the goings on of the Monarch of Brittania for a number of years, but seeing as Richard is using this moniker maybe there's some new threat requiring the attention of the Avatar. I really hope so.

http://www.lordbritishpresents.com/

2. Post
    let me guess - new game and kickstarter...

keen on more Ultima though

3. Post
    For the love of God, this had better not be a MMO or some casual Facebook/mobile ****. Fully blown story-driven SP RPG for PC or GTFO.

I'm still surprised that he owns the rights to the Lord British name and not EA.

4. Post
    zippy wrote:
    let me guess - new game and kickstarter...

5. Post
    Yeah the easy money is on kickstarter.

6. Post
    It won't be Ultima as he doesn't have the rights. EA does. They're doing some ****ty looking remake of Ultima called Ultima Forever.

So the best we can hope for is some Ultima clone, but it still won't be Ultima.

7. Post
    Hey if its named Penultima where the Apotheosis of Virtue must save Anglaisia from some dire threat then im all for that as well.

but it will be a MMO. I can hope its not, but it most likely will be. Still UO was the only MMO I really liked so I am still intrigued.

8. Post
    I'm actually a little sad I never gave Tabula Rasa a go.

9. Post
    CoRk wrote:
    I'm actually a little sad I never gave Tabula Rasa a go.
    Dont be, no-one did.
    He does have some money behind him now though. He made a mint from suing NCSoft after they gave him the boot ($30mil USD or so)

10. Post
    Oh yeah, they did some crazy stuff over Tabula Rasa. I remember reading how he went to Space to promote the game, and while he was up there they announced it was shutting down and also made a fake press release from him giving a farewell to the fans.

11. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    For the love of God, this had better not be a MMO or some casual Facebook/mobile ****. Fully blown story-driven SP RPG for PC or GTFO.
    While we're on the spiritual successor bandwagon, Ultima 7 remake please

12. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Dont be, no-one did.
    He does have some money behind him now though. He made a mint from suing NCSoft after they gave him the boot ($30mil USD or so)
    Didn't he blow most of that on his trip to space?

Ultima 7 was one of the best games ever made. Still holds up pretty well today (using exult).

13. Post
    Loved the Dungeon Siege remakes of Ultima 5 and 6, albeit they were pretty ****ing difficult.

14. Post
    i was so excited for tabula rasa, but it was crap.

15. Post
    So "Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues" is a MMO as predicted.

My reaction:-

16. Post
    What a surprise said no one, ever.

17. Post
    Is it an MMO?

Though Shroud of the Avatar won’t be a massively multiplayer online role playing game, it will be a multiplayer game. We will be describing this in more detail in our upcoming community blogs.
    Not enough info, tiers too expensive - holding fire

18. Post
    SteveE wrote:
    Is it an MMO?

Not enough info, tiers too expensive - holding fire
    Elbows too pointy?
    Winner: Ass Clown Award 2002!!! NEWS FLASH 2003 clown as well!!!

19. Post
    Sea Monkey wrote:
    Elbows too pointy?
    Never pay too much for pointy elbows

20. Post
    lol
    Winner: Ass Clown Award 2002!!! NEWS FLASH 2003 clown as well!!!

21. Post
    $25 for first limited tier, then $40? no thanks.

Also looks ****.

22. Post
    Didn't his last MMO attempt end in total failure?

23. Post
    Its NOT an MMO.
    It is mulitplayer.
    It can be played solo AND offline

I still will be holding off as I can not see how the MP aspect wont affect anyone wanting a solo experience. MP almost always affects the solo game, and in this case the MP is the focus, so I have some but not much hope that I can get something akin to the oldschool Ultima experience.

24. Post
    Thread title still holds true.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last