Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 97

  1. Post
    #1

    E-Force Gaming E-Sports Tournament

    Hey everyone,

    Wasn't 100% sure where to post this but I wanted to let you all know about E-Force Gaming's newest E-Sports Tournament.

    It is going to be held in New Plymouth on the 11th of May and it is gonna be an awesome event with competitive LAN tournaments with cash prizes, friendly tournaments, console games and social activities and generally just an awesome atmosphere.

    If anyone is keen to check out a bit more info you can visit our site here http://e-forcegaming.wix.com/home

    or hit up our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/E-Forc...ref=ts&fref=ts

    or just PM me with any questions.

    Hope to see you there!

  2. Post
    #2
    Can't even afford a $10 domain? **** off.

  3. Post
    #3
    ^ Ouch

  4. Post
    #4
    Yeah... Couple of things

    You should really have your own domain, you can get them for pennies.

    You are REALLY limiting yourself to pretty much nobody since you are hosting it where nobody lives.

    You would be better off using something basic like wordpress than using one of the mass generation template site builders. They just look like a scam or 12 year old. Alternatively just use social media, whore yourself around on Facebook and Twitter and don't bother with a nasty looking site at all, static web pages are pretty redundant these days.



    Mean these in the nicest, most helpful possible way!
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

  5. Post
    #5
    E-GAMING E-FORCE E-TOURNEY E-PEEN E-JACULATE

  6. Post
    #6
    Privoxy wrote:
    Yeah... Couple of things

    You should really have your own domain, you can get them for pennies.

    You are REALLY limiting yourself to pretty much nobody since you are hosting it where nobody lives.

    You would be better off using something basic like wordpress than using one of the mass generation template site builders. They just look like a scam or 12 year old. Alternatively just use social media, whore yourself around on Facebook and Twitter and don't bother with a nasty looking site at all, static web pages are pretty redundant these days.



    Mean these in the nicest, most helpful possible way!
    We are just a bunch of students so we don;t have a hell of a lot of disposable income but it is something we are looking into for the future along with getting a professional website built.

    We are based in New Plymouth so that's where it is starting but afterwards we plan to expand to wellington, Auckland and Hamilton.

    And we have been whoring ourselves around the social media scene as well =)

    Cheers for the advice!

  7. Post
    #7
    i can't tell if you're just a LoL team or not.

  8. Post
    #8
    Shikari wrote:
    i can't tell if you're just a LoL team or not.
    Negative, we are event managers in training but we all love gaming so we decided to put our training to use in way that can express our passion and create something cool for the gaming community in NZ.

  9. Post
    #9
    Gwarden wrote:
    E-GAMING E-FORCE E-TOURNEY E-PEEN E-JACULATE

  10. Post
    #10
    E-Force Gaming wrote:
    We are just a bunch of students so we don;t have a hell of a lot of disposable income but it is something we are looking into for the future along with getting a professional website built.

    We are based in New Plymouth so that's where it is starting but afterwards we plan to expand to wellington, Auckland and Hamilton.

    And we have been whoring ourselves around the social media scene as well =)

    Cheers for the advice!
    Wtf lol. Domain = $2~ with coupon. Hosting = $6/month.

    Wordpress = free.

  11. Post
    #11
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    Wtf lol. Domain = $2~ with coupon. Hosting = $6/month.

    Wordpress = free.
    Looking into it all now with my mates.

    Who is the best web hosting company in NZ?

  12. Post
    #12
    screw nz companies, you'll pay $12893781 a month and wont notice any different. Get the cheapest plan at hostgator

  13. Post
    #13
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    screw nz companies, you'll pay $12893781 a month and wont notice any different. Get the cheapest plan at hostgator
    Cheers for you help, we are gonna get it now and get our site looking much more professional.

  14. Post
    #14
    I still think you are better off not bothering with a site at all. Just use facebook.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

  15. Post
    #15


    hehe like 1995. Public facing view counters... Who does that anymore...
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

  16. Post
    #16
    Privoxy wrote:


    hehe like 1995. Public facing view counters... Who does that anymore...
    Helps us see where people are hearing about our site.

  17. Post
    #17
    E-Force Gaming wrote:
    Helps us see where people are hearing about our site.
    but you can do that without a need for a public facing counter....
    Hostgator has those features you can access....

  18. Post
    #18
    It would be really nice to see a new NZ gaming tournament up and running.

    As stated before, trouble is where it's at. Not trying to be negative, but people just don't travel. Even at xLAN people outside of Auckland hated it.

    Regardless, goodluck. Will be following to see how it goes.

  19. Post
    #19
    E-Force Gaming wrote:
    Helps us see where people are hearing about our site.
    It really doesn't. Again, trying to be nice but you guys really don't have a clue about what you're doing. Without someone with a bit of technical background you're not going to get very far at all. Especially with no money.

    Google analytic is what you use to track your site growth, not some tacky page counter.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

  20. Post
    #20
    Privoxy wrote:
    It really doesn't. Again, trying to be nice but you guys really don't have a clue about what you're doing. Without someone with a bit of technical background you're not going to get very far at all. Especially with no money.

    Google analytic is what you use to track your site growth, not some tacky page counter.
    We looked into Google Analytic, but found that the free website builder we were using did not support it. When we have our own website with a proper domain up we will use Google Analytic.

  21. Post
    #21
    It doesn't support javascript O_o

    ..Even thought your page has javascript...
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

  22. Post
    #22
    I'm not in your area but good luck hopefully your event is a success it's good to see people trying to start events. If it ever comes to Hamilton I will check it out.

  23. Post
    #23
    Privoxy wrote:
    It doesn't support javascript O_o

    ..Even thought your page has javascript...
    It asked us to verify that we owned the site that we wanted monitored and since we were only on a free account we couldn't do that.

  24. Post
    #24
    Well while you're at it you may as well fix up the wording on your about us page

    "We are a group of young avid gamers that have come together to bring you E-Force Gaming, an event featuring intense LAN combat and strategy, interactive games, exciting tournaments, cash prizes and overall a place where all are welcome. E-Force gaming is very open minded and divides its events into many different zones, with each zone varying in technology, game type and atmosphere.


    E-Force Gaming has developed from the idea of Esport, which is fast becoming a worldwide phenomenon of professional gamers entering tournaments with big cash prizes and live coverage. Events of this size attract thousands of fans that will travel large distances just to witness these pros in their element. E-Force Gaming has a vision of bringing Esport to Taranaki and growing from there to wherever there are gamers that want it."

  25. Post
    #25
    jaygee wrote:
    Well while you're at it you may as well fix up the wording on your about us page

    "We are a group of young avid gamers that have come together to bring you E-Force Gaming, an event featuring intense LAN combat and strategy, interactive games, exciting tournaments, cash prizes and overall a place where all are welcome. E-Force gaming is very open minded and divides its events into many different zones, with each zone varying in technology, game type and atmosphere.


    E-Force Gaming has developed from the idea of Esport, which is fast becoming a worldwide phenomenon of professional gamers entering tournaments with big cash prizes and live coverage. Events of this size attract thousands of fans that will travel large distances just to witness these pros in their element. E-Force Gaming has a vision of bringing Esport to Taranaki and growing from there to wherever there are gamers that want it."
    Haha, thanks for that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last