Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

NZgameshop - Is it worth pre-ordering?

Yo GPOD,

So I'm not entirely sure whether this is in the correct forum or not, but here goes anyway.

I'm wanting to pre-order some game titles and have noticed that NZgameshop is by far the cheapest. I am however weary about whether it will actually be delivered on the day of release. I've heard of this website delivering before the day of release or even two weeks after. Have any of you had any of these experiences and what is your recommendation? Is it worth me spending the extra $20 to guarantee myself getting these games the days they come out?

(basically asking, is NZgameshop a good source for pre-ordering games)

Cheers.

2. Post
    NZGameshop.com is great.

3. Post
    You won't get it on release day. The whole point of using them is they're cheaper because they dropship from the moon or somewhere.

::edit::

I buy from them because they are super cheap, but I don't expect things the day they come out.

4. Post
    Also I am aware there are many NZgameshop inquiry's existing already. I want to know about their pre-orders only.

5. Post
    how are we to decide if waiting a bit longer than release date is 'worth it' from your perspective?

6. Post
    Interesting first pieces of information. I am always reluctant to purchase games over the internet without picking them up myself. So pre-ordering from NZgameshop is a definite no-no if I want my game to be delivered on the day?

7. Post
    GaR wrote:
    because they dropship from the moon or somewhere.
    It's based in the UK.

8. Post
    TheFMLwookiee wrote:
    Interesting first pieces of information. I am always reluctant to purchase games over the internet without picking them up myself. So pre-ordering from NZgameshop is a definite no-no if I want my game to be delivered on the day?
    Wait a week and enjoy the amazing savings.

9. Post
    Malkav wrote:
    how are we to decide if waiting a bit longer than release date is 'worth it' from your perspective?
    I asked for opinions so I could derive my own from your previous experiences.

10. Post
    I only use NZgameshop for cheap old releases. If I want a new release day 1 I'd probably buy it from The Warehouse/Dick Smith/JB Hi Fi.

11. Post
    I order from them all the time, i don't know about pre-orders but games always take about 6 business days to nearly 2 weeks to deliver. Totally worth it imo for the price you are getting. Ive got games before that were up to $40 cheaper than other retailers. Don't expect that sort of deal all the time, but it's usually a good bargain.

Tony Cipriani wrote:
    I only use NZgameshop for cheap old releases. If I want a new release day 1 I'd probably buy it from The Warehouse/Dick Smith/JB Hi Fi.
    This.

12. Post
    It's only $18 cheaper for preordering gta 5 than on mightyape

13. Post
    If you want it on release day, don't buy it from nzgameshop.

That said nzgameshop is fantastic.
    Wells

14. Post
    Wells wrote:
    If you want it on release day, don't buy it from nzgameshop.

That said nzgameshop is fantastic.
    this

15. Post
    TheFMLwookiee wrote:
    I asked for opinions so I could derive my own from your previous experiences.

how is my opinion of 'if i think it's worth waiting for a game to save money' going to affect yours?

sorry, im just being a dick for like, no reason.

16. Post
    As NZGameshop is based in the UK you won't receive a pre-order day 1. It can take anywhere up to 2 weeks for the goods to arrive here so theoretically would need to be dispatched two weeks prior to release date. But if it took only 5 days to arrive NZgameshop would have broken the street date and subsequently end up in the **** through no fault of their own. Not only that, but they probably only receive pre-order stock 2-4 business days prior to launch anyway.

If you want cheap, go NZgameshop, want day 1, buy local.

17. Post
    Great outfit - if you don't mind not getting it on release day and long shipping times.

Everything else is great.

18. Post
    And wont you need a UK PSN account for any future DLC?

19. Post
    Is region locked DLC still a thing?

20. Post
    when I pre-ordered a key for sim city 5 from them I got it really quickly. even before others that bought from dedicated cd key sites got theirs, in some cases more than 24 hours earlier

21. Post
    Yep, NZgameshop, sells CD keys, so if thats all you need you will get it on or before release day.

22. Post
    arr wrote:
    And wont you need a UK PSN account for any future DLC?
    Didn't need to for GTA4 or Nier. That's about all I say for certain.

23. Post
    This is slightly OT I know, but have thought of using WOW HD ? They have 20% off games during May;

http://www.wowhd.co.nz/games

I've used both firm's with good result's, but haven't done any preorders.

24. Post
    If you don't know already, you should also be aware that with NZGameshop you have to pay upfront, when you order, rather than when it ships, which is different to nearly every other online store.
    I know for me that can sometimes be good (then it's like yay free game when you finally get it) or bad (when you're poor and won't see the game for some time but still have to part with the cash).

25. Post
    They send once they have the stock (if it's close to release) which can differ. Example, I got an email to say my Max Payne 3 preorder had shipped about 4 days before NZ release, and I got it just one day after the NZ date and saved $30+. However, my Bioshock Infinite copy took about a week and a half, but for the saving amount I didn't mind. Will be using JB for The Last of Us and GTA as I'm gagging for some day one action on those.

As mentioned above: they charge you at the time of the order, not the time the game ships. I prefer this personally, but I know many don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last