Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last

1. Post
    Any1 gonna pre order this game?
    Well take a look before you do so.
    Customers will be charged for hard difficulty.

2. Post
    Pretty **** tbh

I wonder if this is Koch medias doing, or if THQ had this already lined up.

3. Post
    really **** move

4. Post
    lol

i seriously was gonna pre order this and COH2 , but meh you know, i can wait and get it when it cheaper. There are plenty of games out there that don't try to nickel and dime the customer.

5. Post
    hahaha another youtube channel whose gimmick is being angry, there's certainly not many of those

6. Post
    Yeah really really crappy move.

7. Post
    Shikari wrote:
    hahaha another youtube channel whose gimmick is being angry, there's certainly not many of those
    Except, Angry Joe has been doing it for around 5 years, and is awesome.

8. Post
    $5 for hard mode? Sounds like they want to milk the fans. There are better ways...

9. Post
    Shikari wrote:
    what a noob

10. Post
    wtf when was this announced?

Was going to get this game but $5 for hard mode? Maybe I won't buy it now..

11. Post
    i don't think he understands what "timed exclusive" means. that aside, i've always been against locking out of content from the game, charging more of it and calling it "DLC". it's not DLC at all, you just download a "flag" that tells the game you paid up like a bitch.

i also hate "you can't have this, this and this unless you buy the game from "store X". dividing your player community is always a retarded idea.

12. Post
    Limit0 wrote:
    wtf when was this announced?

Was going to get this game but $5 for hard mode? Maybe I won't buy it now..
    It has been mentioned on the Steam page for at least a couple of weeks now.

13. Post
    Ah I never check Steam pages. Quite disappointed really. I guess I'd probably sitll enjoy it on Normal mode... but it seems like such an arse thing to do

14. Post
    Known about this since December, and I decided I would only buy the game when its $15 NZ or less.

15. Post
    I can understand where they're coming from on this. They needed to provide pre-order content as a limited edition and usually there is no way to get the limited edition stuff/features unless you pay extra later down the lines.

However, the decision to put in a gamemode as limited edition content seems stupid - should have just put in skins or some other pointless bull**** that makes kids buy the crap.

16. Post
    Actually ranger mode I believe is harder but not a hard mode, pre-ordered from EB since the metro 2033 book was awesome, it had everything, everything.

17. Post
    And yet the pirates get all the preorder content for free

Great thinking on an SP game

18. Post
    I wasn't planning on getting the game, but with something like this it makes me want it even less. Now even if it got super awesome 95%+ reviews I probably still wouldn't want it.

Also wasn't there some recent side scroller game that made fun of this sort of thing? I think you had to pay money before you could jump, etc

edit: oh this is it

19. Post
    Pretty **** move

20. Post
    The original Metro is a vastly inferior game outside of Ranger mode.

21. Post
    its interesting how some people who were gonna pre oreder anyway got put off by this and decided not to buy it

22. Post
    It was pay DLC for Metro 2033 as well (on 360). I'm surprised that there's only controversy for this now, when there wasn't any in 2011 when the exact same thing happened.

23. Post
    its a **** move for sure, but since i have enough trouble on easy, this doesn't specifically affect me, so my anger about it is less than it should be

24. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It was pay DLC for Metro 2033 as well (on 360). I'm surprised that there's only controversy for this now, when there wasn't any in 2011 when the exact same thing happened.
    It seems to be the PC community that's riled up about it. I guess this just goes to show the difference in attitude between PC gamers and console users.

25. Post
    Hrmm, pity the MP component will be released separately.