Rust

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Page 1 of 30 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Rust

Has anyone here played it ? Looks like fun

2. Post
    Yea ive been following it, keen to get into the alpha looks cool.

3. Post
    Only saw a video of it this morning. Looks rather interesting, not sure how to get a beta key however.

4. Post
    OP, thanks for all of the links that you didnít provide, telling us ANYTHING at all about the game.

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    OP, thanks for all of the links that you didnít provide, telling us ANYTHING at all about the game.
    I'd probably have to agree with this, would've been nice to not have to go and Google it just to know what it's about

6. Post
    Never heard of it..

7. Post
    Looks like minecraft with half decent graphics

8. Post

9. Post
    I tried to google it yesteday, something to do with garry's mod, either that or I ahve no idea.

10. Post
    Looks ****.

11. Post
    Googled just now, a stand-alone game from the maker of Garry's Mod.

Watching Nomis' linked video:-
    "I crafted a M9 with a laser sight."... "I crafted a MP5".
    Why do you all these survivalist sandbox games always have you running around with military/law enforcement-grade guns and gear?

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Googled just now, a stand-alone game from the maker of Garry's Mod.

Watching Nomis' linked video:-
    "I crafted a M9 with a laser sight."... "I crafted a MP5".
    Why do you all these survivalist sandbox games always have you running around with military/law enforcement-grade guns and gear?
    Because the good ones are usually mods built on top of games containing military/law enforcement-grade guns and gear and so being a mod, the assets are re-used.
    They are then followed by a swathe of me-too clones that usually lack quality and/or inspiration of their own so the same guns and gear are incorporated.
    The me-too clones usually include more/bigger weapons and/or more attachments in a misguided effort to out do the original all the while failing to recognise the core gameplay that made the original popular.

...oh, was that a rhetorical question?

13. Post
    How do you get into beta?

14. Post
    ^
    By building a time machine and travelling forward. The game's in open alpha ATM.

15. Post
    open alpha is that an oxymoron

16. Post
    Nope. The public can freely play the alpha builds.

Where would you have to be from to believe that those are two contradictory states? I'm assuming the Moon.

17. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    ^
    By building a time machine and travelling forward. The game's in open alpha ATM.
    Oh thought the "enter beta key" meant that I'd be for a beta...

18. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Nope. The public can freely play the alpha builds.

Where would you have to be from to believe that those are two contradictory states? I'm assuming the Moon.
    I just thought the defination of alpha was that it was the first round of inhouse testing and once it moved to public testing it became a beta test.

and yes I am from the moon would you like some moon cheese.

19. Post
    Bumping this thread. Have been having a great time playing this with friends. Anyone else getting into it? Open world survival games are the best.

20. Post
    Monolith NZ wrote:
    Bumping this thread. Have been having a great time playing this with friends. Anyone else getting into it? Open world survival games are the best.
    Yep myself and a couple of friends have been playing it - it's great fun. It can be pretty hilarious at times too.

21. Post
    We just got banned from Australia #1 lol. Admin spawned 60+ c4 and we watched him explode like 4+ buildings. The server was reset 30~ odd hours ago so there isn't really any way to make 60+ c4 lol. The costs would be like 18k gunpowder, which doesn't include the 40k+ sulfur etc it would need.

Called him out on chat and insta banned.

22. Post
    Welp I'm hooked, thanks gp.

23. Post
    Im Tempted to buy this. How is the early access ? is it stable, any major game breaking issues?

24. Post
    Everything is working mint. We're all playing on AUS/NZ server atm.

25. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Im Tempted to buy this. How is the early access ? is it stable, any major game breaking issues?
    Likewise :/ Trying to justify paying the $20 for it, definitely seems worth it from what ive seen. May have to pull the trigger..

Page 1 of 30 123411 ... Last