Page 1 of 22 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

New Joss Whedon show got a release date the other day of September 24, 2013.

2. Post
    Pretty good budget for such a show.

3. Post
    Formation wrote:
    Pretty good budget for such a show.
    You'd hope so considering how much money the film made.

4. Post

Spoiler:

First review for the pilot.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=83630

5. Post
    Can't wait for this, if done properly it will rock

6. Post
    That looks surprisingly awesome.

Coulson

7. Post
    4 days to go people. Hope its good. Be cool if Nick fury makes a cameo at some point .

8. Post
    I always had a thing for Ming-Na Wen I just hope that the other actors (with the exception of Clark Gregg) aren't just attractive young faces. I'm not sure I can deal with another series that has a string of twenty-five year old scientists holding multiple doctorates and have somehow gained enough experience to be leaders of their field. I know it is sci-fi and disbelief should be suspended, but it is getting old.

9. Post
    Holy crap! Yes please! I want now!!! Missed that this was coming out!!!!!!

10. Post
    posting in a my thread.

Is this out yet... ugh.

11. Post
    should be out some time today

12. Post
    It's out now, or as of 45mins ago. Getting it now

13. Post
    Just watched it.

Hopefully it gets better from here on in. I wasn't fully sold on the first episode. I can see potential in the series that hasn't be realized yet. Though I did like how they linked in the Avengers and Ironman 3 movies with the start of this series.

Agent Coulson as expected, has the usual good one liners and is a bit of a comedy relief. Though surrounding his death in Avengers and his current 'alive' status and a comment during the episode is going to make the season interesting to see how it pans out.

The rest of the actors bar Ming-Na Wen and Cobie Smulders, are all newbies that I've never seen in anything before. Though they may of been in something I've never seen?

14. Post
    Sly Assassin wrote:
    Just watched it.

Hopefully it gets better from here on in. I wasn't fully sold on the first episode. I can see potential in the series that hasn't be realized yet. Though I did like how they linked in the Avengers and Ironman 3 movies with the start of this series.

Agent Coulson as expected, has the usual good one liners and is a bit of a comedy relief. Though surrounding his death in Avengers and his current 'alive' status and a comment during the episode is going to make the season interesting to see how it pans out.

The rest of the actors bar Ming-Na Wen and Cobie Smulders, are all newbies that I've never seen in anything before. Though they may of been in something I've never seen?
    it was pretty good i thought, it has potential. better than heroes.

15. Post
    Just having Joss Whedon involved instantly gives it more potential than something like shitty old Heroes which my sister and I used to watch as an accidental comedy because it was just so bad and totally insignificant that it was actually funny. Joss Whedon has a proven track record on TV, e.g., Firefly, Buffy, Angel, and Dollhouse, all of which had merits. Go ahead and judge, but my hope is that AoS is eventually at the same level that Buffy was at its peak . Although maybe that's a false hope.

As far as the pilot went, It wasn't very memorable, if you want my honest opinion. But I suppose there's only so much you can do with an introductory episode. This episode kind of reminded me of Bones, a little. And yet with a squeaky clean Disney superheroes veneer. I'm not saying that this necessarily is a bad thing, just that I hope the "procedural" elements & the child-friendly presentation doesn't prevent them from being original and not being afraid to go there.

I have to say, the characters are visually pretty forgettable people, but that said I think their characterizations have potential nevertheless. I'm going to go ahead and assume that Coulson is some kind of clone? So that story-arc has potential. As does Grant Ward's "porcupine syndrome".

16. Post
    Heroes Season 1 was awesome. Don't care what anyone says. The rest was trash.

17. Post
    whatever happened to panettiere

she disappeared fully

18. Post
    Heroes was just random pointless events happening.

Anyways, last I heard panettiere gave all her money to dolphins & was dating that massive MMA guy.

19. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    Heroes was just random pointless events happening.

Anyways, last I heard panettiere gave all her money to dolphins & was dating that massive MMA guy.
    Jesus she would get destroyed.

20. Post
    Underwhelmed. Extremely underwhelmed.

21. Post
    I wish a pilot would whelm for once.

22. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Heroes Season 1 was awesome. Don't care what anyone says. The rest was trash.
    This is so so true. The Writers Strike really ruined that show.

23. Post
    More like the concept ruined that show. "Save the cheerleader save the world gaiz"

24. Post
    I liked the pilot. I wasnt blown away be any means, but none of Joss's shows had a screamer of a 1st ep. Give it a few eps to get in to the groove. There was certainly some of the Whedon vernacular in there though, and for me thats 80% of why I watch. The dialogue is always the appeal for me (the hot brunettes and occasional redhead also help)

25. Post
    Was nice to have a Scottish accent thrown into the mix.