1. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Good God, ME1 needed a combat and inventory management overhaul. The former is utterly clunky and the latter is such busy work. I swear that I probably spent the majority of any of my ME1 playthroughs selling junk loot and then melting it down into Omnigel once I had hit the money cap.
    Wasn't the PC inventory already overhauled from the console version? I can only imagine how awful the console inventory must have been...

2. Post
    Thread Hijack

Is there anywhere in NZ to get a Liara T'Soni Bishoujo Statue?

3. Post
    ME1 combat is purely awful.
    I've also started a renegade playthrough recently on the hardest difficulty and have been having a lot of frustration when entering combat situations.

4. Post
    I always bring up the Power Wheel and assess the area first, really need to finish my Adept Female Shep

5. Post
    cencsor wrote:
    ME1 combat is purely awful.
    It really is. I went back to finish off the achievements last year (Pinnacle Station ones) and it was just horrid. All the complaining about ME2's "dumbed down" combat were so off the mark, ME2 feels so much better and more fun to play.

6. Post
    Pretty much, and with ME3 it only got better.

7. Post
    Too bad the story telling went the other way...

8. Post
    I wish they'd developed the galaxy map to be like, 100x bigger in terms of planets or structures you can land on. That was one thing the first game captured much better than the other two, the feeling of a massive universe waiting for you to explore.

9. Post
    I agree with that, though it's just one of those things... it was a much more open world but that really was often at the expense of having well-built story missions and a more compelling narrative. That's not to say that the story wasn't very well done in ME1, just not as well as the 2nd and 3rd parts (ending of the latter notwithstanding).

Reminds me of Remedy and their original plan to make Alan Wake an open-world game, and their explanation of why they went the other way after starting on it. GTA V & Max Payne is another good comparison.

10. Post
    Once you've played ME3's combat, ME2 especially feels stiff (dat no jumping).

For some reason though... the individual cooldown combat of ME1 holds a special place in my heart... love it when you're in full Colossus X gear tearing everyone new assholes with your OP biotic/shotgun/biotic combos...

11. Post
    IST wrote:
    Once you've played ME3's combat, ME2 especially feels stiff (dat no jumping).
    What makes going back to ME2 hard for me is a lack of ME3's vastly expanded cover system and no heavy melee. The anaemic punching that is ME2's melee is nothing compared to a charged biotic punch to the face or an Omniblade stab through the chest.

12. Post
    I haven't been back to any of them since finishing ME3 because none of your decisions even matter.. but ME still remains my favorite must have done about 4-5 runs of that game alone

I love the clunky combat (dat Benezia battle) and fanging around in the Mako

13. Post
    I really should give ME another play through... I remember just loading up a sniper rifle with huge heat generating damage mods (you only got one shot anyway so no reason not to load up the damage). You could take out almost everything with one shot -the only problem was the cooldown would glitch sometimes and get stuck in the red.

14. Post
    brand wrote:
    I really should give ME another play through... I remember just loading up a sniper rifle with huge heat generating damage mods (you only got one shot anyway so no reason not to load up the damage). You could take out almost everything with one shot -the only problem was the cooldown would glitch sometimes and get stuck in the red.
    Ashley doesn't have the cooldown for snipers iirc.

15. Post
    Ashley always gets sacrificed on Virmire in my playthroughs. Religious zealots do not want.

16. Post
    Think I might replay the entire series and buy the DLC for it too.

Might keep Ash alive this time.. rofl

17. Post
    I'm not a fan of Kaidan either, mainly because he's so boring.

18. Post
    I always preferred teammates with lots of non-combat abilities so I dont think I ever saved Ashley except for her achievement run

Plus yeah, she's a frickin raciss

19. Post
    I enjoyed banging the racism out of her tbh, more entertaining than keeping boring old Kaidan

20. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    I enjoyed banging the racism out of her tbh, more entertaining than keeping boring old Kaidan
    Maybe a bad choice of words.

21. Post
    Shep/Kaiden/Wrex so powerful

22. Post
    Kaiden dies in every single playthrough, even more boring than Jacob.

I enjoy playing 1 and 3 (I stop and let Marauder Shields kill me to avoid being brought down by the ending) but 2 is always hard to slog through.

23. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    This was delightful on many levels.

Thank you.

24. Post
    OK, so been listening to Good Morning Zakera Ward.....

....just realised I'm not the biggest Mass Effect fan in the world, these guys have the thirst for reals.

25. Post
    Is it like a fan-fic radio station or what?