Page 5 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

1. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    I liked most DLC in ME2, there were a couple of annoying ones though. Is Citadel worth another play through in ME3? I kinda never touched it after initial release and ending disappointment.
    The Citadel DLC is probably the most reactive to players' choices, thorough DLCs in the entire ME trilogy. It it is a send off to all of the playable characters that we grew to love (and hate) throughout the trilogy. A+ seller, would trade again.

2. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The Citadel DLC is probably the most reactive to players' choices, thorough DLCs in the entire ME trilogy. It it is a send off to all of the playable characters that we grew to love (and hate) throughout the trilogy. A+ seller, would trade again.
    Citadel and Shadow are probably the best two DLC I've ever encountered in a game (not counting expansions, like the amazing Hearts of Stone or Dragonborn etc).

3. Post
    IST wrote:
    So, who else is getting the sweet looking Mass Effect Loot Crate?

I'm doing it for the Bionic Wind, and the Azure Caress.
    So this is what I ended up grabbing instead of the loot crate.

I'm a noob at selfies... don't judge me.

4. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    So this is what I ended up grabbing instead of the loot crate.

I'm a noob at selfies... don't judge me.

I've admired that shirt for a long time on the BW store, been waiting for a black version since I'm a black shirt kind of guy.
    Nice work Shadow

5. Post
    Need photos of your meals now.

6. Post
    I'm glad I've never really been big on the 'gram.

One Instagram pic posted in 2012,
    One instagram pic posted in 2014,
    Plan on putting a selfie with salmon eggs benedict in 2016....keep up appearances and shit for my Instagram friends lol.

7. Post
    Mass Effect story DLC is the best kind of DLC, I think. The armour sets and such are completely personal choice and not required by any stretch.

Original ME DLC was pretty bad, but I think that's to be expected considering that kind of content was really in its infancy at that point. Both Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are flawed, the former less so than the latter. But the rest - Lair of the Shadow Broker, Arrival, Leviathan, and Citadel most notable among them - are all fantastic. They aren't absolutely required for the story to make sense, but they add depth to the story if you choose to pursue it. They are also all fairly lengthy pieces and so are value for money - its a little bit of a shame that the complete trilogy + DLC was never released though (the PS3 trilogy edition is closest, but missing ME3 story DLC, Zaeed, and Pinnacle Station). Shadow Broker in particular is, I think, the best DLC I've ever played, but Leviathan is a close second. The character DLC is more mixed. Not the characters, who are fantastic. But I really think In Ashes should have been in the base ME3 game; Javik is too important to the story to be left out, plus it was a day 1 DLC too. Kasumi and Zaeed are two of my favourite characters, and Stolen Memory is great fun except for the last boss fight which is pretty silly, but they aren't as integral to the story as Javik so I'm OK with them being DLC.

Anyway, I'm a huge Mass Effect nerd (with a professionally framed poster, multiple hoodies, shirts, a mug, pop vinyls... many things) and so I'm really looking forward to Andromeda. Can't wait.

8. Post
    all this talk about the games makes me want to do another run but I just can't bring myself to it since the ending

9. Post
    VFX roll from 2014 for Andromeda, looks rad sauce for an early build of who knows what.
    Also released/leaked on April 1st, take with a grain of salt.

Mirror 1 http://allgamesdelta.s-ul.eu/OwV5l0tm

Mirror 2 (Dailymotion) http://www.allgamesdelta.net/2016/04...-gameplay.html

10. Post

11. Post

12. Post
    Raycevick just dropped a fabulous doco/critical analysis on ME1. He'll cover ME 2 & 3 leading up to Andromeda's release.

Last edited by EvaUnit02; 5th February 2017 at 7:28 am.

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Raycevick just dropped a fabulous doco/critical analysis on ME1. He'll cover ME 2 & 3 leading up to Andromeda's release.

That's a really well done vid, some great ones coming out of the woodwork with Andromeda looming.

BioWare really need to start marketing their game heavily....It's only 6 weeks off release... :/

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

14. Post
    (Posting in this thread because I don't want to see this discussion get lost amongst Andromeda stuff.)
    ludez wrote:
    I've never played a mass effect game, should I?
    Mass Effect 1 had a well told story and the game truly captured the feeling of being a space explorer in the pre-Abrams Star Trek sense. It's well worth putting up with the janky, awful combat and tedious busy work filled badly implemented RPG systems to experience that.

The gameplay improves dramatically into a much more fun, better designed game with Mass Effect 2. The cast of characters is the most engaging seen in a Bioware game since KotOR1 (AFAIK, I never played Jade Empire). The game is structure is more episodic in nature than ME1, but this gives the game the atmosphere of being pretty much Firefly - i.e. a rollicking sci-fi adventure series with a lovable group of characters.

The huge downside to ME2 however is that you lose the sense of wonder and 2001: A Space Odyssey-esque atmosphere which ME1 did so well.

ME3 gameplay wise strikes a fantastic medium between the prior games, having engaging action-oriented, rock-paper-scissors combat of ME2 with the RPG-like character building of ME1.

ME3 (and ME2 too to a lesser extent, I won't spoil the story) does a great job portraying a massive war story with an impending sense of urgency where you actually have consequences. If you fart about in ME3, you can be punished. Fallout 4 this certainly ain't and it's great because of it!

The Shepherd trilogy for me are bonafide classics that will go down in the annuals as some of greatest games of all time.

15. Post
    However I would say that ME1 had far better ideas behind the mechanics and feels like a game with player agency and Role Playing at the fore.
    ME2 is a massively simplified game mechanically that removes a lot of core RPG mechanics that should have been refined and improved rather than dropped entirely. Its far shallower experience as a result, not helped by the fact that the game is broken down into a series of Combat Only and Interaction Only zones that completely break immersion.
    ME3 attempts to bring back some core RPG systems, but always feels like a stop-gap rather than really re-embracing them

Story wise ME1 is pure space opera. ME2 is the typical hero's journey with much improved character interactions. ME3 does a great job of tying up most of the story threads only to completely shit the bed at the end with an ending (even after the "extended ending dlc") that fails to deliver on the promise of choice and consequence championed up until that point.

The entire Mass Effect experience is mostly great, with a lot of concessions made throughout to cater to a wider (less RPG oriented) audience. Its great, but could have been and should have been greater than it ultimately ended up being. That being said its the second best space opera experience in video games behind Knights of the Old Republic.

*edit* ME does have some of the best DLC ever made

16. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    However I would say that ME1 had far better ideas behind the mechanics and feels like a game with player agency and Role Playing at the fore.
    ME2 is a massively simplified game mechanically that removes a lot of core RPG mechanics that should have been refined and improved rather than dropped entirely. Its far shallower experience as a result, not helped by the fact that the game is broken down into a series of Combat Only and Interaction Only zones that completely break immersion.
    ME3 attempts to bring back some core RPG systems, but always feels like a stop-gap rather than really re-embracing them
    Reminds me of another trilogy

Dragon Age Origins: Heavily Role-playing
    Dragon Age 2: More Action orientated
    Dragon Age: Inquisition: Tries to bring back role-playing but just doesn't quite recapture the first games charm

17. Post
    Hype is increasing again, this bungled marketing campaign hasn't helped the train get steam though

18. Post
    IST. This is not an Andromeda thread. Keep that talk to the other threads. Eva posted in here for a reason.
    Keep your MEA BioWare knob polishing in those threads. Thanks.

19. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    IST. This is not an Andromeda thread. Keep that talk to the other threads. Eva posted in here for a reason.
    Keep your MEA BioWare knob polishing in those threads. Thanks.
    Knob polishing? Get a grip

You've been especially salty of late: Keep your banal pessimism out of the Andromeda thread then

Note: On closer inspection, I did indeed post in the wrong thread previously, either way: I polish no knobs, lately ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡), so statement still stands
    Last edited by IST; 19th February 2017 at 7:54 am.

20. Post
    Do you even read what you write?
    Me not spewing hyperbolic platitudes isn't pessimism.
    As I have said many times I have not come to any conclusion either way. Because I like to have evidence and facts before I come to a conclusion.

21. Post
    Ok, enough already, you win aiight - let's get back to Mass Effect bro

As we approach a new entry in the franchise, good time to reflect on some of the highlights that made Mass Effect so special.

I quite like this new Gameranx vid, putting the spotlight on some of the poignant side stories throughout the Trilogy.

Nice history wrapup that includes some cool information you might not of known unless you lore hound out like my nerdy self

22. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Do you even read what you write?
    Me not spewing hyperbolic platitudes isn't pessimism.
    As I have said many times I have not come to any conclusion either way. Because I like to have evidence and facts before I come to a conclusion.
    Chill, jesus

23. Post
    IST wrote:
    I quite like this new Gameranx vid, putting the spotlight on some of the poignant side stories throughout the Trilogy.
    One thing that the originals did really well was make each character feel like a real person (even if they were an alien or battle damaged robot), which made those "dem feels" moments work every time.

I reinstalled ME1 over the weekend with a few mods, and apart from some really janky looking facial shadows it looks really good. 60+ framerate @4K and SMAAx8 as well. I do lament the loss of the pause heavy combat in the later installments though. imo it has a KoTOR 3.0 vibe to it.

24. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I reinstalled ME1 over the weekend with a few mods, and apart from some really janky looking facial shadows it looks really good.
    You have to clear shader cache after you've run the game once for Meutism shadow fix to take effect. It's actually looking solid compared to vanilla.

25. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    You have to clear shader cache after you've run the game once for Meutism shadow fix to take effect. It's actually looking solid compared to vanilla.
    Pics or it didn't happen.