Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456

1. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    You'll have to wait for me to get home, feed my children dinner, bathe them, burn their energy by letting them inflict pain on various parts of my body, put them to sleep, clean up and have a shower, settle kids after they'd waken up due to having to burp or fart, have a first meaningful conversation with my wife, get up again coz I have to pee and maybe feel like icecream or a drink before I can fire her up to take a screenshot, or you could just visit nexus and check screenshots on Meutism mod page.

2. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    You have to clear shader cache after you've run the game once for Meutism shadow fix to take effect. It's actually looking solid compared to vanilla.
    Thank you! That completely fixed it.

3. Post
    IST wrote:
    You've been especially salty of late: Keep your banal pessimism out of the Andromeda thread then
    My theory is that pyrocore is all about banal pessimism because he is waiting for that one ultimate RPG which will satisfy his internal metrics for the perfect game so he can explode in a shower of infinite character sheet stats, tactical yet visceral combat, immaculately curated inventory management, finely honed backstories and relationships, and richly detailed worlds that react to his actions with meaningful consequences. A final solution, if you will.

Or kinda like Sam from Quantum Leap, hoping that each time, his next leap will be the leap home the next RPG will be the RPG utopia.

4. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    My theory is that pyrocore is all about banal pessimism because he is waiting for that one ultimate RPG
    More like chasing the dragon after incredible 60s and 70s, only instead of being that mellow guy in lava lava, growing sativa in the back garden and occasionally shooting Hoffmans, he's yelling at the meth dealers to bring the 60s back to him.

5. Post
    There is no pessimism. Since when is asking questions, or not making a conclusion before having a (more) complete picture pessimism?
    So let assume I was being negative (I'm not), why is blind hyperbolic enthusiasm ok, and yet the counter argument not acceptable (as demonstrated by repeated attempts to undermine my lack of opinion on the game)?

The sad idea that people should be happy to settle for less is more than tragic (and again I am not saying MEA will be less).
    I find it interesting that people seem to be OK with someone trumpeting the wonders of a game that he's not played, but when someone else wants more information, and isn't willing to blindly trust in the marketing hype that is not OK at all.
    Why is my questioning why someone/people are making massive assumptions in the positive seen as such and issue when accusing me of being negative (which I am not being) is perfectly fine?

Ya'll need Jesus.

6. Post
    Or you could just accept the gentle ribbing in good humour and move on...y'know, less Wrex, more Mordin.

7. Post
    This is more relevant to the Andromeda thread, but since it's being discussed here.... it's pretty clear ChrisB that if anyone has an opinion different to you, you keyboard warrior rage or passive/aggressive retaliate against them.

It's like you can't let it rest that heaven forbid someone doesn't agree with you. Half the time, it's not even a fact based argument. It's just someone likes something you don't.

You are allowed to wait for more info and then form your conclusion if you want. No one is stopping you from doing that. But that doesn't mean that IST or whoever else can't be hyped based on what information they have already.

You write some good reviews, and often have good robust discussions on the forums, and I respect your opinions. But shit mate, sometimes you need to pick your battles, have a laugh, and just let some shit slide. Then maybe the others wouldn't bait you so much.

8. Post
    and if it was in relation to something I was actually doing I would.
    People can not like what I say. That's more than fine, but don't say I am doing something I am not, and then target that.

9. Post
    I, for one, really enjoy our sometimes heated banter: I appreciate your opinion greatly Chris, know this

Gwarden wrote:
    My theory is that pyrocore is all about banal pessimism because he is waiting for that one ultimate RPG which will satisfy his internal metrics for the perfect game so he can explode in a shower of infinite character sheet stats, tactical yet visceral combat, immaculately curated inventory management, finely honed backstories and relationships, and richly detailed worlds that react to his actions with meaningful consequences. A final solution, if you will.

Or kinda like Sam from Quantum Leap, hoping that each time, his next leap will be the leap home the next RPG will be the RPG utopia.
    Jesus Christ , this is one of the funniest things I have read on the forums though.... all in good fun though hombre like the bro Gwarden said

10. Post
    IST wrote:
    I, for one, really enjoy our sometimes heated banter: I appreciate your opinion greatly Chris, know this
    Jesus Christ , this is one of the funniest things I have read on the forums though.... all in good fun though hombre like the bro Gwarden said
    I sometimes think people assume we don't like each other. You know you're my boy. ChrisBIST is totally shippable.

11. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I sometimes think people assume we don't like each other. You know you're my boy. ChrisBIST is totally shippable.
    Hard :brofist:

We are creatures of deep opinion, often squaring off, but what's the world without a little flavour

12. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Everything on max, with fixed shadows, new HD textures and new N7 suit model (on Ashley).

Last edited by bionic.man; 21st February 2017 at 11:43 pm.

13. Post
    That lighting is stunning Bionic, you doing a full trilogy run pre-Andromeda?

14. Post
    IST wrote:
    That lighting is stunning Bionic, you doing a full trilogy run pre-Andromeda?
    Yup. First time femshep, let's see what's all the fuss

15. Post
    Kaiden and Ashley?

Wrex and Garrus/Tali

16. Post
    jords wrote:
    Kaiden and Ashley?
    Looks like the start of the game

17. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Looks like the start of the game
    Correct.

I do feel guilty for letting Kai die every previous run, may keep him this time.

18. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    Correct.

I do feel guilty for letting Kai die every previous run, may keep him this time.
    They're both dicks anyway.

Using dat Tapatalk app

19. Post
    I always kept Kaidan due to handy support abilities. Not so much for being a wet blanket personality-wise.

20. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I always kept Kaidan due to handy support abilities. Not so much for being a wet blanket personality-wise.
    Kaiden and Wrex with an adept main player is virtually unstoppable. Lift to the moon.

21. Post
    First time I leave the Citadel, Tali or Garrus are a must for lockpicking/hacking.

Nothing's more bothersome than having to remember which planet needs a revisit due to not being able to loot everything.