Hearthstone GP player list

Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.88 average.
(8 votes)

1. Post
    Awesome guys i will start posting some great info threads after talking to some people and playing the gmae even more !!

2. Post
    Got my beta key yesterday, finished the few into matches now trying to unlock the rest of the decks. If only Magic Online had this level of polish.

Username: Hyjinks

3. Post
    just got my beta key today only signed up a week ago, lol

4. Post

5. Post
    apply apply apply, I would have given 1 out but one of my best friends wanted if i get sent another to another email defs hook a fellow GP up

6. Post
    I had more chance just applying on their site that contests

7. Post
    im going to sit here looking at my beta key which aint going to be used and chuckle a little on the inside.

8. Post
    I had no idea I had even applied for one or that it was even going on, just randomly got an email from Blizz and was like hmm may as well check this out.

Had no idea so many people would be wanting one.

Ah well glad I got one

9. Post
    Everyone who doesn't want a key is getting a key

10. Post
    Therk wrote:
    Everyone who doesn't want a key is getting a key
    Don't care about having key, have key. I played a couple games, I don't really do trading card games though so I find the computer challenging enough.

11. Post
    Got a beta key this morning, must be starting to roll em out now.

12. Post
    Interested in getting a beta key if someone can help me; PM.

HappyCamper#1225

13. Post
    Completely board with this game already.

14. Post
    yeah these online card games just dont interest me, being one who played MTG years ago, i always found having the cards much more entertaining.

15. Post
    There is just no depth or skill to it, no sort of strategic planning whatsoever involved.

For example, saving your cards and playing them at exactly the right time to build up a super minion or something and the opponent still has a million ways to dismiss that in 1 move.

Just doesn't do it for me. Was fun for the first few days, but thats about it.

16. Post
    Got a key from a mysterious benefactor awwww yiss.

17. Post
    Therk wrote:
    Got a key from a mysterious benefactor awwww yiss.
    You gotta stop trading gobbies for keys.

18. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    There is just no depth or skill to it, no sort of strategic planning whatsoever involved.

For example, saving your cards and playing them at exactly the right time to build up a super minion or something and the opponent still has a million ways to dismiss that in 1 move.

the skill comes in anticipating what each class can play vs you and building and playing your deck around that...it sounds like you're only thinking about the perfect time to play your cards based on your deck alone

arena is actually pretty nice, forcing people to choose between 3 classes then building a deck on limited options means there's far less gimmicky decks and people have to rely on their knowledge of the game rather than some custom deck that they've copied off a website with no thought involved

in saying that it's still just a game to play casually though imo, the more people learn about the game the more RNG it'll become and it's already pretty RNG in open beta

19. Post
    You really can't anticipate what card someone is going to play when there is such a limited number of class specific cards.

It like saying I could anticipate they are going to polymorph my awesome minion, but... so... ...there isn't anything I can do about that... but obviously they are a mage and surely have two poly cards in their deck, so do I just sit and drag it out until they have used both? Then I'm safe? Nah because they have 10 other generic cards that any class can have that also remove a chosen minion from the table.

Feel like you're just giving it more credit than its due.

20. Post
    Played for a number of hours tonight. Lost approx 80% of my first 6 - 7 games. Managed to form a half decent deck and won about ~8 in a row and just decided to call it a night after a loss. Awesome game, disappointed to get no gold for a pretty awesome streak there though

21. Post
    If you won 8 in a row in arena you'd net about 300 gold.

22. Post
    Privoxy wrote:

This game is all about strategic planning and playing around different cards you're opponent has. You try and bait out his removals and silences before you drop you're big minions. I think you just need to play it more to understand the finer details.

23. Post
    Meanwhile patiently waiting... Knowing my luck I'll never get one.

24. Post
    What sort of ranks are you guys managing to hit? I'm currently Platinum 2 star. Opponents are pretty tough now.

25. Post
    I hit 2 star master last week. I heard you need a 70% win rate or something to hit 3 star.