Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Alien: Isolation - The Creative Assembly

Sega: "Hey CA, you're one of the most famous strategy game developers on the planet... Now make a FPS for us." ROFL
    Last edited by Matt M; 8th January 2014 at 4:37 pm.

2. Post
    Well this.......

in the movie Aliens, they told ripley that her daughter had died... no children
    so now Aliens Isolation, features Ripley's daughter to follow in mom's footstep?
    so the death of ripley's daughter could be explained as a cover up.... a more convincing plot than that ACM

3. Post
    ^
    If they rope in Ripley's daughter, that alone will make it reek of fanfic-esque **** though. Eg like having Hicks in A:CM.

That quoted a bit about mostly fighting clones and androids though? BAH, DO NOT WANT.

I plan to play A:CM next month, just to see how big of a train wreck it really is.

4. Post
    After all the crappy Aliens games, I'm surprised they're making another.

One day I am hoping a studio gets it right and I get the same feeling I do playing "Alien Trilogy"

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    ^
    If they rope in Ripley's daughter, that alone will make it reek of fanfic-esque **** though. Eg like having Hicks in A:CM.

That quoted a bit about mostly fighting clones and androids though? BAH, DO NOT WANT.

I plan to play A:CM next month, just to see how big of a train wreck it really is.
    Agree entirely. I've still got A:CM to play, I'd planned on loading it up next month too.

6. Post
    Fix TW: Rome 2 first

7. Post
    TBH ACM is about the same as Aliens(movie), although multiplayer was quite good.

8. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Fix TW: Rome 2 first
    Agreed, but they do have multiple teams, ya know? This has been in development for ~3 years, by I think the team that did Viking: Battle for Asgard (and maybe Spartan: Total Warrior before that).

9. Post
    Stick to TW, but this time be serious about it. Or at least be honest when you have a beta release.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Agreed, but they do have multiple teams, ya know? This has been in development for ~3 years, by I think the team that did Viking: Battle for Asgard (and maybe Spartan: Total Warrior before that).
    They could at least combine teams and focus on their core game a bit more though.

11. Post

12. Post
    Pandarion wrote:
    Well this.......

in the movie Aliens, they told ripley that her daughter had died... no children
    so now Aliens Isolation, features Ripley's daughter to follow in mom's footstep?
    so the death of ripley's daughter could be explained as a cover up.... a more convincing plot than that ACM
    Something about this sat funny with me, so I just started watching Aliens (BD anthology version) again. Ripley was told her daughter had died a year prior to Ripley coming out of hyper sleep aged 66. So as thin as the premise is, it is possible.

13. Post
    My God, the contents of the below trailer look fantastic!

Hands-on preview article

14. Post
    Featurette.

15. Post
    An Alien RPG would be cool.

16. Post
    As awesome as the trailer looks, I've been burnt by the last couple of Alien games so much I'm in high doubt as to my real interest in this.

17. Post
    This sounds like the Alien game that pretty much everyone has wanted for decades.
    Last edited by bang ya dead; 8th January 2014 at 6:02 pm.

18. Post
    bang ya dead wrote:
    This sounds the alien game that pretty much everyone has wanted for decades.

19. Post
    It looks like they're finally trying to make a game much like the first movie, with an emphasis on atmosphere (go back and watch the 1st one at 1080p on a good tv, holy ****ing **** it looks phenomenal) and survival-horror type mechanics rather than an Aliens FPS.

20. Post
    Colonial Marines was exactly the kind of Aliens game I wanted, just go back and remake that properly this time without Gearbox screwing it up! doesn't even have to be a sequel, just remake the game the way it was intended - the way it was portrayed in the early tech demos!
    This looks more like a game based on Alien, but all we want is Aliens, the colonial marines side of it.

21. Post
    I don't ****ing think so Aliens franchise, not again. I remember getting excited about Colonial Marines. Boy is my face red.

22. Post
    It looks cool, but not getting my hopes up.. And nah don't need to see another game based on the 2nd movie. it could be CA's move into the FPS, Survival horror.

23. Post
    I hope it's not too much hiding and running away and that is just a section, some fighting to punctuate the exploration would be good, supposedly there's some mercs.

24. Post
    Vic wrote:
    This looks more like a game based on Alien, but all we want is Aliens, the colonial marines side of it.
    Bro, you don't speak for everyone, not in the slightest.

25. Post
    Vic wrote:
    Hell no, A horror game based off Alien would be far better.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last