[N7] New Mass Effect Andromeda{no spoilers}

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)

1. Post
    Garrus is a sexy rock faced space lizard who shoots guns, I demand he be the star of this thing!

2. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    ME1 was great. Good story, solid if flawed RPG mechanics
    ME2 has an awesome story but shifted too far away from its RPG roots,, ejecting rather the refining or improving mechanics.
    ME3 brought back many of the RPG elements and improved the game play greatly, and was epic until the final act which shit itself with a multitude of contradictions, errors,, unfinished plot elements, and a finale that undermined all the choice presented up til that point.

There is a lot to like about the franchise and mistakes have been made, but it seems at least the BiowEAr is listening and bringing things back in line with DAIII, so hopefull the new ME games will avoid the potholes they stumbled over with both franchises moving forward.

Also Jack is a goddess. Easily the best character and sexy as hell. Find me one of those irl (minus the homicidal tendencies) and I would be very very happy.
    I'm interested to see what people thought of ME3 (original cut, no DLC) vs ME3 (extended cut, all DLC).. for me it was night and day, with the full playthrough (as I refer to it) being so epic, it's hard to put into words. The original playthrough was great, but I was left with a kind of blank look on my face at the end... where I think the DLC (Leviathan and Citadel especially) fleshed out a lot of the stuff that should of been in the original game; with the Extended Cut making it much, much better overall.

IRL chortles re: Jack minus the homicidal tendancies.... I had a girlfriend once who was very similar to her, she had the tats/hard attitude/dope eyes... ended up leaving me for a tattoo artist, taking our jointly owned car in the process with her... leaving me stranded in a town just outside of Las Vegas.

Good times.... good times...

I stick to mentally stable girls who prefer baking over benders these days.... still a sucker for tattoos though

3. Post
    bang ya dead wrote:
    Garrus is a sexy rock faced space lizard who shoots guns, I demand he be the star of this thing!
    Turians are an avian-based species, bro.

4. Post
    bang ya dead wrote:
    Didnt he lose half his face?

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Turians are an avian-based species, bro.
    My world has been shattered...
    Kog wrote:
    Didnt he lose half his face?
    Sexy space injury!

6. Post
    bang ya dead wrote:
    This guy gets it.

7. Post
    Garrus is Dirty Harry with a sniper rifle.

8. Post
    i had no idea who kaiden was until i watched all the romance scenes on youtube

9. Post
    IST wrote:
    IRL chortles re: Jack minus the homicidal tendancies.... I had a girlfriend once who was very similar to her, she had the tats/hard attitude/dope eyes... ended up leaving me for a tattoo artist, taking our jointly owned car in the process with her... leaving me stranded in a town just outside of Las Vegas.

Good times.... good times...

I stick to mentally stable girls who prefer baking over benders these days.... still a sucker for tattoos though
    Still you get an excellent story.
    I love fully tatted up women. It all goes back to a girl I dated back at uni in the mid 90's. It was Dunedin, cold and she always wore full length dresses. When I saw her first without clothes and saw the amazing Japanese art covering her back, legs, and upper arms I was awestruck. Since then small women + large tatts = hnnnng O_O

10. Post
    Haha, some great stories coming out in this thread.

I hated Jack tbh, and if I had to choose which member of the crew I would send to their death first, she would be top of the sh*tlist (soz Cryo). Which reminds me of how my younger brother tried to 'engineer' the suicide mission in ME2 on his first playthrough so that all the crew member he liked lived and all the ones he didn't got knocked off. Needless to say it was a complete and utter disaster...

IST wrote:
    I'm interested to see what people thought of ME3 (original cut, no DLC) vs ME3 (extended cut, all DLC).. for me it was night and day, with the full playthrough (as I refer to it) being so epic, it's hard to put into words. The original playthrough was great, but I was left with a kind of blank look on my face at the end... where I think the DLC (Leviathan and Citadel especially) fleshed out a lot of the stuff that should of been in the original game; with the Extended Cut making it much, much better overall.
    I would put my complete playthrough of the all 3 games with all SP DLC as my best gaming experience this year. Agree 100% that ME3 was much improved with the Leviathan and Citadel add-ons, and would even go so far as to say that the Citadel DLC is the best DLC I have ever played.

11. Post
    Xev wrote:
    After Mass Effect 3, can't say I'm really keen. I'll wait until after launch and see what kind of shitstorm ensues before I go spending any money.

Unless they announce Garrus as the main character. Then I'd start screaming like a little girl whilst tossing 20 dollar notes at the screen.

Yeah i'm definitely in the same boat but for me it would be Aria she's godtier and must be worshipped

12. Post
    "Don't **** with Aria"

Most badass line in the game, period.

13. Post
    This reminds me, I actually need to play my copy of ME3 that I have laying around somewhere.

14. Post
    I am keen to start a RenFemShep run through 1,2 and 3 before next gen.

15. Post
    how much were all the DLC? I might finish my femshep play.

16. Post
    Kog wrote:
    how much were all the DLC? I might finish my femshep play.
    What platform?

17. Post
    PC
    do you still have to buy them through the bioware site?

18. Post
    Kog wrote:
    PC
    do you still have to buy them through the bioware site?
    As far as I know yeah. Prices are still rather high too. Eva might know of a cheaper option.

19. Post
    I see a lot of love for Aria in this thread... I agree, in ME2 she was bad-ass.... but in ME3.....she just annoyed the piss out of me.

And I didn't even get to hit dat blue ass.

20. Post
    IST wrote:
    And I didn't even get to hit dat blue ass.

Especially so if you played as BroShep. Aria is all about dah pussy.

21. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Especially so if you played as BroShep. Aria is all about dah pussy.
    Right... well, this could be the straw that broke the camels back; and made me start my first femshep playthrough

22. Post
    People use MarkmeerShep?

My condolences.

23. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    and was epic until the final act which shit itself with a multitude of contradictions, errors,, unfinished plot elements, and a finale that undermined all the choice presented up til that point.
    Battlestar ending right there.

24. Post
    I've always wanted to go back and play the game as Femshep, the difference in inter-personal power dynamics sounds rad. Banging that sexy rock faced space lizard bird man may also be a factor in me replaying it...

25. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    People use MarkmeerShep?

My condolences.
    Mark Meer, such a talented voice actor.