[N7] New Mass Effect Andromeda{no spoilers}

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)

1. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    People use MarkmeerShep?

My condolences.
    I have kicked off a Femshep playthrough in ME1...got to Noveria then lost interest. It wasn't a matter of the voice work (stellar stuff from Miss Hale), just I couldn't quite get into her 'boots' if you know what I mean. I like to throw an element of RP into my RPG playtime... and I just couldn't get right into it.

That was around 2 years ago now... maybe I've changed, maybe I'm now ready to embrace the Fem side of Shep.

I have started to wear cufflinks and exfoliate regularly, that could definitely mean I'm now ready to get amongst

2. Post
    Meer

3. Post
    Some of his voice work was quite good on the NPC's but his Shepard voice was pretty terrible.

4. Post
    Beebegun05 wrote:
    but his Shepard voice was pretty terrible.

5. Post
    His Shepard was pretty bad.

For me it was the opposite, i played Femshep first. Femshep to me is the only shep. Trying to play it again as some terribly voice acted and plane looking generic marine1! character is just disconcerting and a little depressing.

Jennifer Hale turns in by far the better performance, i can't think of Shepard any other way.

6. Post
    Agreed. You can actually feel passion and genuine range of emotion in Hale's performance. Meer's Shepard just sounds constipated and bored all of the time.

It's really surprising, honestly. If you've seen his theatre sports/improv comedy stuff, he actually has range.

7. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    His Shepard was pretty bad.

For me it was the opposite, i played Femshep first. Femshep to me is the only shep. Trying to play it again as some terribly voice acted and plane looking generic marine1! character is just disconcerting and a little depressing.

Jennifer Hale turns in by far the better performance, i can't think of Shepard any other way.
    I disagree. Have played as both. He does a far better paragon performance and She does a far better renegade. When he tries to do renegade he comes of like a moron and when she tries to be nice and paragon she sounds like a sarcastic twat.
    I dont think either of them are great in terms of the voice acting on this series, They are both better elsewhere.

8. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    plane looking generic marine1! character.
    Do you have pics of this? sounds amazing!

9. Post
    ^

entensity wrote:
    When he tries to do renegade he comes of like a moron
    I think some of it comes down to what your character looks like too.

I found that my brother's broshep suited the renegade responses perfectly (he had tried to model his one on Serious Sam and it was a decent resemblance). Seeing this utter bonehead of a Shepard uttering all the evil/cheesy lines was hilarious.

10. Post
    I've always modelled my Meershep on myself (bit cheeky looking, hair of the phoenix deity, strong-ish jawline) - so I guess this is what's always drawn me to the man-shepping road.

I can see myself rocking a goth looking Femshep, anyone know of any neck tattoo mods? (I'm not even joking).

11. Post
    I still don't think either of them are particularly great at voice acting their respective Sheps, having played both I still prefer manShep as I am a guy and prefer to think of myself as an awesome universe-saving beast of a man rather than a beastly universe-saving womany person.

12. Post
    My FemShep had a weirdly close resemblance to a girl I met after creating it, so now my FemShep will forever be LesleyShep

13. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    I still don't think either of them are particularly great at voice acting their respective Sheps, having played both I still prefer manShep as I am a guy and prefer to think of myself as an awesome universe-saving beast of a man rather than a beastly universe-saving womany person.
    The RP part of my brain is the only thing that holds me back on Femshep playthroughs... I think of myself as the universe saving Spectre, so it will be a challenge to delve into a Femshep vibe; keen to give it a burl though.

14. Post
    jords wrote:
    Do you have pics of this? sounds amazing!
    I missed that entirely

15. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    prefer to think of myself
    Here's your problem. That seems to be the major point of difference. Some people can't enjoy main characters without projecting themselves on to them.

I can play characters of either gender without bias, never really had the urge to pretend that i was acrobating around tombs while weighed down by a giant rack.

16. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Here's your problem. That seems to be the major point of difference. Some people can't enjoy main characters without projecting themselves on to them.
    I generally do this with any kind of game that allows dialogue options/choices + a main character that allows for physical customization (Mass Effect, Bethesda games are the two primary examples that come to mind).

Otherwise I just see the character much the same as I would in movie or book. I had zero problems playing through Mirror's Edge as a female character.

17. Post
    Ramza wrote:

I can play characters of either gender without bias, never really had the urge to pretend that i was acrobating around tombs while weighed down by a giant rack.
    I never have that with projecting myself onto a character,if I was I would never have been accepted into the Spectre Program, I would spend my days pushing over volus. I like to create an identity for that character through conversations. I wish in these games it wasnt so forced to play fully Renegade(Dark Side) and Paragon(Light side). No one is entirely good or bad. I felt Deus Ex(1 and 3) is the only places where this feels real.

18. Post
    Bioware does tend to have an issue with casting things as either black or white. The only title that really escaped this was Dragon Age Origins.

It's why i prefer KotorII to Kotor as well.

19. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Bioware does tend to have an issue with casting things as either black or white. The only title that really escaped this was Dragon Age Origins.

I wouldnt have an issue if it didnt punish you for going off track. If all the points went to one bar instead of two that way you could play with your choices and not be stuck in the one you want to fill.

20. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    never really had the urge to pretend that i was acrobating around tombs while weighed down by a giant rack.
    really? It's the only way I can get a boner these days

21. Post
    Ramza wrote:

22. Post
    Hope Mark Meer voices all characters in ME4

23. Post
    jords wrote:
    Hope Mark Meer voices all characters in ME4
    lol.

I still crack up every time that Shepard has a conversation with a vorcha, knowing that it's technically just Mark arguing with himself.

24. Post
    Beebegun05 wrote:
    KoTOR II is the better game, and the better story. KoTOR is excellent, but KoTOR II upped the ante in every regard. Now thats its mostly fixed you can see just how badly LucasArts f*cked over the team by forcing it out the door before completion.

25. Post
    I guess I should play the restoration mod then.