BigPipe Broadband

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 2,451 to 2,457 of 2457

1. Post
    mem wrote:
    Obligatory new Grabone deal post (first month free, no standard connection fee, access to the Bigpipe app) which includes the leave anytime option again, available here. Looks like it can be combined with the $20 referral credit as well, just get the grabone voucher code then click that link or use with anyone elses referral code!

If you need a modem, you can get a free modem($14 shipping fee applies) on a 12 month contract.
    oh my GAWD! i wish i had seen this before paying for the whole shebang

2. Post
    bombjack wrote:
    oh my GAWD! i wish i had seen this before paying for the whole shebang
    Send a support request and ask for it to be applied to your account anyway.

3. Post
    Sooo... this morning I've had Chorus workers just turn up at my place and start installing the cables and ETPs and whatnot.

Chorus website still claims no fibre for my place until 2018. Last email from Bigpipe a few weeks ago just repeated that.

Is it worth nagging Bigpipe about it anyway? Or will there still be something else stopping me actually being able to get connected?

4. Post
    question : is it ok for the ONT to plug into a 8 plug powerboard

also do you have to run/install your own ethernet cables to the various computers in the house from your modem I assume chorus dont do that and also running the ethernet cable from the ONT to your modem they dont do that (if it had to go underfloor across the house) ?
    Last edited by BZP; 13th August 2017 at 11:06 am.

5. Post
    BZP wrote:
    question : is it ok for the ONT to plug into a 8 plug powerboard

also do you have to run/install your own ethernet cables to the various computers in the house from your modem I assume chorus dont do that and also running the ethernet cable from the ONT to your modem they dont do that (if it had to go underfloor across the house) ?
    They will just get the ONT. Specify the location of this in your house (ie where you current modem is) if it makes it easier, though there will be a limit to how much extra fibre they will blow for free.

6. Post
    so the ONT can go in a powerboard it dosnt need its own power socket in the wall cause theres only one in my room,my modem is in my room,and all of my electrics plugged into a powerboard
    Last edited by BZP; 14th August 2017 at 3:36 am.

7. Post
    ONT is fine on a power board.