Tom Clancy's The Division

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
(6 votes)
Page 1 of 61 12341151 ... Last

1. Post

Tom Clancy's The Division

I spammed the admin forum and all i got was a custom tag telling me I'm a tool

2. Post
    Definitely one to watch

3. Post
    It's nothing that hasn't been done before, though probably one of the first for console users. Still looks like a mean game though.

4. Post
    Thank god this is coming to PC.

5. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    It's nothing that hasn't been done before, though probably one of the first for console users. Still looks like a mean game though.
    Some games have similar lighting advancements, however the destruction on textures I haven't seen done before.

Ie. The bullets hitting the glass and damaging that section accurately, or making circles into billboards to see though, etc... Very impressive.

BF BC2 has nice building destruction but it doesn't cater to individual texture's like this which is impressive.

Looks great and PC all the way

Here's some gameplay footage (probably console):

6. Post
    =C= wrote:
    Some games have similar lighting advancements, however the destruction on textures I haven't seen done before.

Ie. The bullets hitting the glass and damaging that section accurately, or making circles into billboards to see though, etc... Very impressive.

BF BC2 has nice building destruction but it doesn't cater to individual texture's like this which is impressive.
    Yeah it's been done before. Take a look at Breach (game flopped but had that level of destruction even on 360). And you can bet your bottom dollar that most stuff will still be indestructible. You might be able to blow a car to bits, but then a rubbish bag in the street will be bullet proof. That being said, it could still be a fantastic game.

7. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Yeah it's been done before. Take a look at Breach (game flopped but had that level of destruction even on 360). And you can bet your bottom dollar that most stuff will still be indestructible. You might be able to blow a car to bits, but then a rubbish bag in the street will be bullet proof. That being said, it could still be a fantastic game.
    You're not gonna take cover behind or in a rubbish bag are you. It's just fine attention to detail that makes it that much more awesome. We're not expecting everything to be 100% destructible, but this game is heading in the right direction and looks awesome

8. Post
    DeathbatDrummer wrote:
    You're not gonna take cover behind or in a rubbish bag are you.
    If it's indestructible I would!

9. Post
    I would make a jacket from indestructible rubbish bags.That would be cool

10. Post
    Existing thread. Please use search next time.

11. Post
    The OCD users prefer this thread.

12. Post
    This thread is superior to the other thread, I'd much rather read about indestructible rubbish bags than nerds debating the minutiae of each others posts.

So what's the verdict, does this game have indestructible rubbish bags or not?

13. Post
    Hell,I started the other thread and prefer this thread.
    destructible/non destructible rubbish bags FTW.
    Also,F@#k you Eva you grumpy C#@t

14. Post
    Really one of the only games I'm looking forward to

15. Post
    Morphing textures based on environmental factors would be f*cking sweet. Would love to see more games using this.

16. Post
    You guys really like day night cycles and lighting engines.

17. Post
    bang ya dead wrote:
    We like things that bring more realism to the game?
    Who woulda thought.

18. Post
    bang ya dead wrote:
    eh?

19. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    eh?
    It seem you're all really hyped about this engine tech demo. I find that funny because so far it look like a pretty multiplayer 3rd person shooter with a cover system.

20. Post
    bang ya dead wrote:
    It seem you're all really hyped about this engine tech demo. I find that funny because so far it look like a pretty multiplayer 3rd person shooter with a cover system.
    I think you can switch between 3rd and 1st person.

Common Oculus Rift!

21. Post
    bang ya dead wrote:
    And? The game itself looks good enough and I might even buy it, but if you look at my post I made no mention of it at all. It's the features in the Snowdrop engine that I'm keen on, particularly regarding textures.

22. Post
    So this is one of them shooter RPGs like Borderlands? I'll have to pass on this then if the combat is stat based/requires me to shoot a dozen clips into bullet sponge enemies.

The game's engine does look pretty though I'll give them that.

And still no news on the next Rainbow Six

23. Post
    i feel sorry for the console players going against the PC users on this. Nah i lied lololol

yeah i will support this over Destiny

24. Post
    I really really hope this is good. Is there a release date yet?

25. Post
    Been pumped for this since I first saw it!