Xboxone or Ps4? (yet still a fanboy thread)

Thread Rating: 16 votes, 2.25 average.
(16 votes)
Page 1 of 42 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Xboxone or Ps4? (yet still a fanboy thread)

Im undecided on what console to get. Hit me with all the pros and cons of each console I'm leaning to xboxone at this stage due to controller being more comfortable and also coz of titanfall. But am undecided. Helpppppppp

2. Post
    Both are bad, wait until Q2 2014.

3. Post
    Neither. Stick with a PS3 as there's still a lot of life left in the old machine.

4. Post
    Whats q2? And my ps3 sounds like a vacuum cleaner and doesn't have much life in it

5. Post
    2nd Quarter of 2014.

6. Post
    diviine wrote:
    and doesn't have much life in it
    So you're a Sony hardware engineer and thus can accurately say this?

7. Post
    PC or gtfo

8. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    So you're a Sony hardware engineer and thus can accurately say this?
    Nah its more or less an assumption based on the horrendous noise it makes after being on for like a minute.

9. Post
    diviine wrote:
    Whats q2? And my ps3 sounds like a vacuum cleaner and doesn't have much life in it
    Have you cleaned out your vents?

10. Post
    diviine wrote:
    Nah its more or less an assumption based on the horrendous noise it makes after being on for like a minute.
    Mine does that, just crank the TV volume up.

I wasn't being glib with my Q2 remark, by the way. From the launch pool of titles on either next-gen console there is really nothing worth forking out the money for just yet. Hold tight, wait for a deal and save your gaming time for the bundles of classics you've likely overlooked on PS3 so far.

11. Post
    JC wrote:
    Mine does that, just crank the TV volume up.

I wasn't being glib with my Q2 remark, by the way. From the launch pool of titles on either next-gen console there is really nothing worth forking out the money for just yet. Hold tight, wait for a deal and save your gaming time for the bundles of classics you've likely overlooked on PS3 so far.
    Totally fair points.

OP one thing to consider if you're looking at upgrading regardless is do have any if these titles? http://nz.playstation.com/ps4upgrade/

If so, you can upgrade to the PS4 version for about $10
    Last edited by Chickenman; 30th December 2013 at 3:37 pm.

12. Post
    I got both, i prefer the xboxone game line up but im looking forward to some games that are coming to PS4 an all my mates have gone PS4 way so will probably sell Xbox shortly

13. Post
    tried both console at friend place. also deciding but I think I will stick to my 360 first.....

14. Post
    Have both. Xbone has the better games at the moment. But neither console is a must have. Buy whichever based on the exclusives you want. But you can happily wait until November next year and not miss much

15. Post
    This is actually a difficult choice because both have pros and cons.

Completely ignoring any unannounced exclusives, the PS4 is simply the better machine for traditional controller based videogames - this is down to its superior internal hardware.

However when it comes to extras, like Movies, Music, TV support and handfree controllers and videogames, the XBONE is the winner here - it's Kinect hardware and software tech simply outclasses what Sony have no offer with its Eye.

If your intention is to use your console as a multimedia, complete home theatre system that can take control of many platforms and services and also give you access to some neat software tech go for the XBONE
    If your intention is to simply play tradtional console videogames, go for the PS4
    If your intention is both of the above, get both consoles, the PS4 can plug into the XBONE's ports and you can then run everything off one interface.

16. Post
    Decide on which one to get in the middle/end of next year. There will be more games, better deals and announcements next year, which will most likely narrow down your decision on which one is best for you. A lot of the next-gen launch games are on Xbox 360 and PS3 too. That's why I haven't been bothered purchasing an Xbox One and PS4 yet, nothing is really making me want to buy it.

17. Post
    Unless you are desperate to play a number of games on either console, save your money for now.

18. Post
    xbone for KI3

19. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    This is actually a difficult choice because both have pros and cons.

Completely ignoring any unannounced exclusives, the PS4 is simply the better machine for traditional controller based videogames - this is down to its superior internal hardware.

However when it comes to extras, like Movies, Music, TV support and handfree controllers and videogames, the XBONE is the winner here - it's Kinect hardware and software tech simply outclasses what Sony have no offer with its Eye.

If your intention is to use your console as a multimedia, complete home theatre system that can take control of many platforms and services and also give you access to some neat software tech go for the XBONE
    If your intention is to simply play tradtional console videogames, go for the PS4
    If your intention is both of the above, get both consoles, the PS4 can plug into the XBONE's ports and you can then run everything off one interface.
    Yep, I'd pretty much consider all of this with another thing: which controller you prefer and also what console your friends are playing (if you're aiming to do much multiploz stuff)

20. Post
    As the others have said, there's no compelling reason to own either right now. With things like PS+ and the extra hardware capabilities, I think the PS4 will be the one to go for in the long run, but mine more or less just sits on the shelf doing nothing at the moment. The Xbox One is bit on the weaker side, but seems to be better suited as a media center right now, and has a slightly stronger launch lineup.

You're probably best to wait for a bit until the next wave of 'launch window' games come out.

21. Post
    you can most likely skip the xbone/ps4 generation without much of a problem really

22. Post
    Easy choice. Xbox one is superior on all fronts. Plus Titanfall.

23. Post
    3ds xl?

They both suck, wait and see which sucks the least.

24. Post
    PC master race amirite?

25. Post
    Calboy wrote:
    Easy choice. Xbox one is superior on all fronts. Plus Titanfall.

It is? Hell has frozen over already?

Anyway, as people have said, there' no immeadiate need for one.

Page 1 of 42 123411 ... Last