Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Matt M wrote:
    blah blah
    Who accused you of corruption? I certainly did not, so STOP quoting my posts.

I've just happened to notice that new accounts seem to win most of the competitions, that could be for a variety of reasons like a huge influx of those lurkers with accounts just entering competitions compared to the smaller number of active postsers, as gwarden mentioned, but the numbers don't lie.

2. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    When was the last time one of these comps was won by someone with more than 10 forum posts?
    TECHNOVIKING won the PAX Australia competition, for what it's worth.

3. Post
    Matt M wrote:
    There is a difference between wanting a "community member" to win, and complaining when they don't/accusing us of corruption. As you may have realised, the latter is something I have little patience for.

Congrats Oliver, enjoy your new console!
    Thanks mate, I was going to post before saying how much I check the site and listen to the podcast but don't use the forum, but decided against it. I didn't think I needed to justify anything.

But so stoked for the prize! Thanks alot

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Who accused you of corruption? I certainly did not, so STOP quoting my posts.

I've just happened to notice that new accounts seem to win most of the competitions, that could be for a variety of reasons like a huge influx of those lurkers with accounts just entering competitions compared to the smaller number of active postsers, as gwarden mentioned, but the numbers don't lie.
    SirGrim wrote:
    however it would seem settlers always win because they bring new readership.
    And then you went on to explain GP's reasoning behind it... clearly that's not how you really feel but that's definitely what the words you typed mean.

5. Post
    SmashTheTV wrote:
    I was going to post before saying how much I check the site and listen to the podcast but don't use the forum, but decided against it. I didn't think I needed to justify anything.
    It certainly wasn't an attack on you. And you've taken the effort to post a thankyou which is more than others have done.

Competitions are fair game and its understandable that the prize sponsor wants as much exposure as possible. It's just a natural inclination to want people you know to win things.

And yeah TV won that PAX prize which was cool.

6. Post
    I must be missing a chromosome or something because one series I have never found interesting is GTA.

7. Post
    Self diagnosis, love it.

8. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Why enter if you didn't want the prize?
    Money is always wanted?

9. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    When was the last time one of these comps was won by someone with more than 10 forum posts?
    I still have a life size state of a BoS Paladin from the Fallout 3 pre-order comp many moons ago. Probably not the best example given the time frame heh.

10. Post
    Wasn't that a Mighty Ape contest? MA != GP.

In the recent past I've won movie tickets from GP. They were **** movies (The Lone Ranger, The Darkest Hour and Speed Racer), but they were still prizes nonetheless.

11. Post
    I also won some movie tickets, didn't end up seeing the movie as nobody wanted to go with me and it wasn't good enough that I'd consider it a treat to see it on my own I think it was The Darkest Hour, also.

12. Post
    I won the space marines comp got a huge chain sword in the garage collecting dust.

13. Post
    Have won three or four lots of movie tickets and a years PS+

14. Post
    I'm just jelly

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Wasn't that a Mighty Ape contest? MA != GP.
    Memory suggests it was GP at the time but I could be wrong (I am aware MA != GP for the record ).

16. Post
    Have also won a year's PS+ and Halo4 + Halo 4 controller.

17. Post
    PS+ recipient calling in since we're mentioning it.

18. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    I also won some movie tickets, didn't end up seeing the movie as nobody wanted to go with me and it wasn't good enough that I'd consider it a treat to see it on my own I think it was The Darkest Hour, also.
    The Lone Ranger one was a double-pass. I used the 2nd seat for bag.

Social stigma about seeing movies alone? Pfft, I don't give two ****s about what other people think of me.

19. Post
    Couldn't agree more.

20. Post
    Wow guys, embarrassing display. Gwarden and SirGrim.

Grats on the win, Oliver. I feel like TLOU's result was doomed by its exclusive release. Even on the GP reviewers bestof lists, I noticed many of them included it on their 'didn't get round to playing' section. I implore anyone that hasn't to give it a go, because I put it leagues ahead of GTA (3rd) and Bioshock: Infinite (2nd). And this is coming from someone that didn't particularly like the Uncharted series.