Titanfall - General discussion

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Page 1 of 31 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Titanfall - General discussion

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/29/tita...-in-australia/

Totally unf**king believable. This game is an online-only multiplayer FPS, yet lacks local dedicated servers because AZURE wont be up in Australia till Q3-Q4 2014. Closest cloud servers to ping to would be US, HK or SG. This goes for both Xbone and PC.

CANCEL YOUR PREOREDERS NOW

2. Post
    Where are you now technoguy?

3. Post
    So have people in Australia and NZ noticed and complained that COD Ghosts has been running off dedicated servers in Singapore for Xbox One since it's launch? It works great for me still...

@Chickenman - What's the big issue? You will just connect to Singapore till the Azure data center is up and running in Q3-Q4 2014 in Australia. Once completed, all Xbox cloud hosted games for Aus and NZ gamers will be even better going forward

4. Post
    I thought this would have been common knowledge by now tbqh.

5. Post
    technoguy wrote:
    So have people in Australia and NZ noticed and complained that COD Ghosts has been running off dedicated servers in Singapore for Xbox One since it's launch? It works great for me still...

@Chickenman - What's the big issue? You will just connect to Singapore till the Azure data center is up and running in Q3-Q4 2014 in Australia. Once completed, all Xbox cloud hosted games for Aus and NZ gamers will be even better going forward
    People play CoD? lol.

6. Post
    dragunks wrote:
    People play CoD? lol.
    Only bots

7. Post
    dragunks wrote:
    People play CoD? lol.
    Was only 3000 peeps online a couple of weeks ago before i uninstalled it. . . . . . . .. . so yea nah not really

8. Post
    I fail to see an issue here.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

9. Post
    are many 6v6 shooters good?

10. Post
    technoguy wrote:

With CoD though there's a mix of dedicated servers and player hosted ones. With Titanfall they've given the impression that the game relies on the magical cloud/azure servers and that it doesn't support player hosted matches like CoD.

If the game does support player hosted games and has matchmaking based on ping/location it should be fine.

11. Post
    Azure going into Aus end of the year at latest... not too much of an issue (although, still an issue.. dem stats will suffer for sure).

12. Post
    Do we expect TF to be released within Q1/Q2 anyway? Also, why the **** do you want user hosted servers? last thing you want is some guy with dial up hosting something.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

13. Post
    Privoxy is right, user-hosted listen servers are uttely terrible. Console gamers are just used to them because it's been the only option for a lot of their games. You may be accustomed to only eating sh*t everyday, but you're still eating sh*t.

14. Post
    Does Titan Fall rely on the servers for certain game processes or is it purely for hosting the multiplayer match?

15. Post
    There's no doubt that Microsoft's own servers would be better fit for the task. From experience though, user hosted servers for the most part have been fine for console shooters with low player counts. It's usually when you're in 12+ player territory (CoD groundwar or Battlefield) that having user hosted servers is either impractical or sh*t.

Still interested in the game though, even if I have to put up with ping from Asian servers.

16. Post
    Wow.. not buying...

17. Post
    technoguy wrote:

Just giving you light hearted grief, nothing more than that.

18. Post
    console gaems

19. Post

20. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    I fail to see an issue here.
    lol...

not sure if trolling...

21. Post
    Check your ping to the closest Azure server here
    - aka - 160+ms for the first few months of the game at least....

Pretty freakin' average balls. Anti-Climax City.
    Last edited by IST; 31st January 2014 at 1:35 am.

22. Post
    160+ ping for a twitch action game is pretty f*cking unplayable. Since this is Source netcode, characters will be teleporting all over the show. Conclusion:- Pick up a cheap Origin key during the winter sales, the game may actually be playable then.

We have people like Chickenman paying $450+ for their CE copy. So he'll have one expensive drink coaster (the disc) and one uber expensive door stop (the mech statue). ROFL, poor bastard.

23. Post
    Ah well, made that decision even easier than deciding not to get BF4.

24. Post
    BF4 is fantastic atm, your loss.

25. Post
    This whole "no dedicated servers" is a somewhat worrying trend in gaming IMO. It removes choice, ensures a shorter game lifespan, invariably shafts NZ/Aus, and really hurts LAN gaming (have to pay to run server, need to have net connection open). But of course there will still be chodes who think being forced to shell for a server with a 160-200 ping is a good thing.
    Last edited by Blue Vein CHEESE; 31st January 2014 at 7:54 am.

Page 1 of 31 123411 ... Last