Tech Deals

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 5,201 to 5,207 of 5207

1. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    4k & HDR?! Dang.
    on a 5.5" screen it seems more like sales wankery rather than a useful feature...

2. Post
    Gee whiz that LG V20 is mighty tempting at $599! Work should be upgrading me soon to an S8, but the DAC on-board the LG is phenomenal (for a phone) from what I've heard.

3. Post
    birdman wrote:
    Gee whiz that LG V20 is mighty tempting at $599! Work should be upgrading me soon to an S8, but the DAC on-board the LG is phenomenal (for a phone) from what I've heard.
    Urk...so many phones to choose from!

LG V20 vs G6?

4. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    4k & HDR?! Dang.

That Mi Mix looks damn nice too

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MPH...Smartphone1_59
    Yeah apparently the screen is amazing when you get the content (fortunately a lot of 4k content available now), unlike the last XZ, the 4k is always on.

Batt life is supposed to be decent too, i'm so tempted but can't remember if there are other better devices coming out this year (LG V30 comes to mind) but camera wise, this phone rocks, 960fps SLO-MO !

5. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Urk...so many phones to choose from!

LG V20 vs G6?
    From what I've read the consensus is that the G6 is slightly better in form/design, higher screen resolution and is IP68 rated with wireless charging (only from some countries though!). I'm not sure about the DAC though, each region has a different setup which is horribly confusing and I don't know if the "HIFI" DAC mentioned in PB's link is the stonking Quad DAC that all V20's come with. Plus there's a $250 difference between the two so I'd be going for the V20 still i think.

Disclaimer: I'm a bit of an audiophile nerd so I might have a slightly different agenda to desired phone features lol.

6. Post
    I saw that Noel Leemings sell the Oneplus 5 for $789. Got all excited and went across the road to my local, and asked on the off chance if they had any in stock.

The salesman said "Yeah, we have some in stock. Just can't have them on display as they're parallel imported..."

So I said, "Sweet! I'll take one thanks!" and then went up to the counter with him.

Then he opened up the stock cupboard...and it didn't have any OP5 in there...