1. Post
    1/2 price at www.avalon.co.nz

They no longer seem to stock good Kef speakers. They also removed the huge 2 channel power amps from the site just in time for the sale.

Still if you want a high end receiver, the TX-RZ1100 and TX-RX3100 are great for the money.

2. Post
    Ua65ks9000 $3644.

3. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    Ua65ks9000 $3644.
    Everywhere?

Tap talky walky pro top

4. Post
    With price match yes.

5. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    With price match yes.
    But where is the original offer from?

Tap talky walky pro top

6. Post
    From HN. However heathcotes just dropped their price to beat them. Take your pick.
    https://m.pricespy.co.nz/product/3765464

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Post
    How good is that Tv, have been considering upgrading to 4k/hdrand bigger size from 40inch, wasn't sure whether to go no or wait another year.

Seems the only downside is that it's edgelit rather than full array

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/07/sa...ralian-review/
    Last edited by huntakillaz; 26th December 2016 at 3:57 pm.

8. Post
    It's 9 series samsung is very good. A better tv is Sony z9 or panasonic dx900 or oled tv but i feel the additional cost is not worth it.

9. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    It's 9 series samsung is very good. A better tv is Sony z9 or panasonic dx900 or oled tv but i feel the additional cost is not worth it.

All the reviews I read said the ks9000 series had better image quality than the dx900. Sony z series is another tier up, so can't really compare. X series would be better comparison.

Tap talky walky pro top

10. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    All the reviews I read said the ks9000 series had better image quality than the dx900. Sony z series is another tier up, so can't really compare. X series would be better comparison.

Tap talky walky pro top
    Really, I haven't found much, but understood they generally liked the FALD system in the dx900 more. I understood that the dx900 had a wealth of controls to play with as well, so it could be more difficult to get the best picture out of it

When I went to HN yesterday, people were all gushing over the KS9000 (and heaps of people trying to get further reductions on it!) but they were showing still 4k hdr images on it, yet all other tvs, including the dx900, were showing the aus v pak test (not even the NZ v Ban odi!) which is a bit stupid. You'd think they would have them all playing a uhd blu ray or something to show what they can actually do

11. Post
    The dx900 is the best led I've seen. I sell these panels for a living.
    The ks9000 and 8000 are great, and oled reigns supreme

12. Post
    mprezd wrote:
    Really, I haven't found much, but understood they generally liked the FALD system in the dx900 more. I understood that the dx900 had a wealth of controls to play with as well, so it could be more difficult to get the best picture out of it

When I went to HN yesterday, people were all gushing over the KS9000 (and heaps of people trying to get further reductions on it!) but they were showing still 4k hdr images on it, yet all other tvs, including the dx900, were showing the aus v pak test (not even the NZ v Ban odi!) which is a bit stupid. You'd think they would have them all playing a uhd blu ray or something to show what they can actually do
    Just ask them to change the channel.

Tap talky walky pro top

13. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Just ask them to change the channel.

Tap talky walky pro top
    oh they were busy af. I'm still undecided as I realistically need to get a new receiver as well (and then I start looking at 9/11.2 receivers as I want in-ceiling speakers for dolby atmos) and, you know, things just escalate from there....

14. Post
    I have some logitech computer speakers (2 speakers and a sub) plugged into my tv. Would a roughly equivalent cost sound bar provide any benefit over speakers? Thinking about getting one but not worth it just for the tidy factor.

Looking at Yamaha YAS105 Soundbar New over a ~$200 logitech speaker set.

15. Post
    An entry level sound bar wouldn't make much difference.

16. Post
    mprezd wrote:
    oh they were busy af. I'm still undecided as I realistically need to get a new receiver as well (and then I start looking at 9/11.2 receivers as I want in-ceiling speakers for dolby atmos) and, you know, things just escalate from there....
    Rapollo (or avalon) had half price kef ceiling speakers online for boxing day. Prices seemed good compared to amazon and kef direct. Was thinking of buying some.

My new lounge is quite small so was thinking of going in wall speakers, however there is no where to put a front left speaker because of a window so need to go free standing front or a small wall mounted satellite front.

Not sure if ceiling speakers can be used for rear or front speakers.

17. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    Rapollo (or avalon) had half price kef ceiling speakers online for boxing day. Prices seemed good compared to amazon and kef direct. Was thinking of buying some.

My new lounge is quite small so was thinking of going in wall speakers, however there is no where to put a front left speaker because of a window so need to go free standing front or a small wall mounted satellite front.

Not sure if ceiling speakers can be used for rear or front speakers.

Avalon still have them for $125 each which is a great buy really. I'm running the KEF e305 package at the moment, so it would probably be good to get some in-ceilings as well. I actually considered replacing all of them (except the sub and centre, and using all in-ceiling speakers just for ease. I want to ceiling mount the KEF e301 speakers, but they're not really designed for it

18. Post
    I'm thinking it'd time I finally get a center speaker. Currently have two polk floors tenders and a sub, powered by an older pioneer amp. Audio and video supplied by xbox one.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a centre speaker with the sales on at the moment? Budget <$350

19. Post
    Second hand is the way to go...

20. Post
    Now my ****ing amp died.. looks like I'm in the hunt for that too.

21. Post
    A bit bummed avalon doesn't have much KEF range at the moment, would have considered the Q or R series.

22. Post
    fatesjester wrote:
    Now my ****ing amp died.. looks like I'm in the hunt for that too.
    Died how? bad caps?

23. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    Died how? bad caps?
    I think so. Sound only comes out one side, and then after a few minutes (although this is sometimes erratic) it completely cuts out.

24. Post
    fatesjester wrote:
    I think so. Sound only comes out one side, and then after a few minutes (although this is sometimes erratic) it completely cuts out.
    Sounds like caps, usually easy enough to fix if you can be bothered o-o

25. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    Ua65ks9000 $3644.
    I bought the same one...I think the Curve is a mega gimmick, they've given me a curve for testing but i barely notice the difference between that and a flat.

Flat screen still the way to go IMO and its cheaper, less hassles.

This is just based on my experience so far, i'm not a TV tech expert.