1. Post
    IST wrote:
    I must be one of the only people in the world that likes BG more than BG2..... dem Golden Pantaloons

My list is exactly the same as ChrisB's, except swapping around BG to top and BG2 to 3rd place.
    I like BG more Xzar had some of the best lines "smiles everyone smiles, this is like some great fantasy"

2. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    For me though we are arguing differences in games I would all rate in the 90s.

IST wrote:
    I must be one of the only people in the world that likes BG more than BG2
    you are definitely not alone in that

3. Post
    BG tops PoE

Simply because BG has Minsc

"Go for the eyes Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!!"

/thread

4. Post
    Great, I feel like jamming through BG1/2 now...

I've seen a patch which combines both games and allows BG2 classes/dual wielding in BG1.

5. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    Great, I feel like jamming through BG1/2 now...

I've seen a patch which combines both games and allows BG2 classes/dual wielding in BG1.
    I'd suggest waiting until the new BG1 bridging expansion is released from the team that made the Enhanced Editions and try that out. One truly epic uber adventure.

6. Post
    This looks great, but I get the feeling this might be a case where it's worth waiting until it's a bit further along, although maybe I'm wrong.

7. Post
    They've delayed game again to early Q1 2017. Please don't send death threats.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...8831?ref=email

8. Post
    Release date is Feb 28th!
    https://twitter.com/GavinEtc/status/809085408185192448

EDIT:-
    Recent trailers in case you missed them.

Last edited by EvaUnit02; 15th December 2016 at 7:21 pm.

9. Post
    So, it appears there's some drama cultivated around cut content from the original stretch goals on Kickstarter.

In addition to that, there's an uproar over the Kickstarter CE's vertical slice sentiment when compared with the publisher's retail CE.

In the end, I'm glad for having blocked out all communication and awaiting release spoiler free.

10. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    So, it appears there's some drama cultivated around cut content from the original stretch goals on Kickstarter.

In addition to that, there's an uproar over the Kickstarter CE's vertical slice sentiment when compared with the publisher's retail CE.

In the end, I'm glad for having blocked out all communication and awaiting release spoiler free.
    From what I've seen they are handling it really well, stating that any content that had to be cut, if released as DLC, will be free to backers going forward.

Loving the dialogue system in this, some dark/gritty stuff going down too in terms of themes it seems: should be really cool.

11. Post
    IST wrote:
    From what I've seen they are handling it really well, stating that any content that had to be cut, if released as DLC, will be free to backers going forward.

Loving the dialogue system in this, some dark/gritty stuff going down too in terms of themes it seems: should be really cool.
    Yeah, I just give them money to make what they've visualised, don't care much to tell them how.

PoE and W2 didn't blow my mind, probably partly due to me growing old since my high school Black Isle days, but it's so nice having these games rolling out.

The chance of any upcoming games reaching Interplay heydays is too good to miss, and I'm really looking forward to the Torment story.

12. Post
    IRRC they did set the additional content very high in the list with very high kickstarter requirements, like extra 150k for a new writer , and a companion would been 500k? etc , something which can be considered quite pricey? Crafting for example was listed if they got to another 250k

i am not too fussed tho tho i would be sad that if some of the cool companions they listed was not in.

13. Post
    I think what's most appealing about the game is it's sense of being something truly different and very adult in nature.

There is this kind of fantastical grimdarkness that oozes from it's pores, that I ****ing like the smell of, for sure.

14. Post
    WTF? Look at all this swag in the retail CE compared to the Kickstarter CE. 8" First Castoff statue, "tidal talisman", horse armour DLC, 100pg "traveller's guide" book.

20cm for that statue, it's huge. I'm not gonna lie, I am a bit salty about this.

15. Post
    The backer statue was only for backers at $2000 or more. So yeah backers got royally shat on here. Granted its a much smaller mass produced statue, but the Techland very very limited Collectors Edition is objectively better for collectors, than he digital trash filled backer CE.
    There are 2 threads in the inXile forums about it.
    A shit show from inXile, and a betrayal of sorts from Fargo himself (imo). Part of the reason I am refusing to back any of their future projects.

16. Post
    Pillars 2's CE will only be available through the Fig campaign. That's solid word that we won't get burned for crowdfunding.

ChrisB wrote:
    Part of the reason I am refusing to back any of their future projects.
    Yeah, I think Wasteland 3 will be my last one too.

Of this recent revival of traditional CRPGs none of them have been worth playing at launch anyway. I can't think of a single one which didn't get shitloads of polish and additional features/content in the months down the road through patches.

17. Post
    Hey IST, this might be of interest to you.
    https://twitter.com/Inxile_Ent/statu...37734383640577

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

18. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Hey IST, this might be of interest to you.
    https://twitter.com/Inxile_Ent/statu...37734383640577

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
    Anyone wanna get their PS4 copy and flick me it for el cheaparooni?

I'm thinking since it's not a visually demanding game the Pro should handle it fine enough, was gonna play on couch anyways on PC lol.

19. Post
    I've still got some high hopes for this game despite some of the mismanagement and community gaffes. What I *really* want from the new CRPG games being developed is immersion and story, and this one does have a pretty excellent setting.

20. Post
    From what I have played so far it is definitely worth it. It's not as good as the Planescape: Torment but pretty close. A step up from WL2 in the presentation department but I really enjoyed WL2 despite the crude UI.

21. Post
    It's live, my Steam is updating and whoever else has Steam beta, it will update to the release version with a 1.5 GB patch.

Exciting times

22. Post
    From the latest kickstarter update:

The Kickstarter CE is supposed to be the same size as the PoE CE box.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3255064364cc346f9ad438e3f0ce0f8a_original.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	216492

Map looks high quality with a decent thickness cloth:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	229686ef727e8b116fa188704555d7fd_original.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	216493

Looks pretty good to me.

23. Post
    The opener is amazing, completely blew me away. The way everything is presented is top notch.

I must find time to play more.

24. Post
    Ugh, my pc will take months to get to the UK. I've fired it up on my 13" MB Pro with Iris 5100 graphics and it's playable so will give it a crack.

25. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    The opener is amazing, completely blew me away. The way everything is presented is top notch.

I must find time to play more.
    Elaborate.