1. Post
    It's like I'm 17 and bought the game purely because it was 3 discs all over again

2. Post

Final Fantasy VII remake in works; coming first on PS4

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Chickenman; 17th June 2015 at 9:39 am.

3. Post

Final Fantasy VII remake in works; coming first on PS4

grieving wrote:
    Spoiler:
    lol dude, I know most people have played through FF7 at some point, but holy shit you need those in spoiler tags bro.
    Last edited by Chickenman; 17th June 2015 at 9:40 am.

4. Post
    that would probably be a dlc

5. Post
    Tony Cipriani wrote:
    Unfinished list of things I hope they don't **** up:
    • the world music (orchestrated original please)
    • shit, ALL of the music. If I'm not hitting bongs on the wall market track they've failed
    • the overworld
    • the materia system
    • the story
    • character models (don't go too Advent Children on us, please. The original characters had... character.)
    • proper turn-based battles (FFXIII can die a slow death)
    • lame humour (let's mosey)
    • classic RPG feel (if they modernise this thing too much, the nostalgia will be lost)
    • that undefinable something... that's right. They had better not **** up that thing I can't really define. My childhood? Yeah, don't **** with that please.
    This tbh.

6. Post
    ChizzBo wrote:
    I haven't really played a FF game before and don't know why FF7 gets so much praise and hype.
    Because it was the first FF that a lot of people ever played (if not their first ever JRPG) and they're looking through nostalgia glasses. The SNES numbered games were better.

It had solid gameplay by JRPG standards and memorable characters. The story was garbage, but to be fair pretty much all the games in the series are poorly written.

7. Post
    gathixpower wrote:
    lol dude, I know most people have played through FF7 at some point, but holy shit you need those in spoiler tags bro.
    Nah, I don't think so. The games what, 20-ish years old? It's been around long enough now that anyone who has at least a a vested interest in the game or franchise knows this. It's like saying Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers dad.

8. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Nah, I don't think so. The games what, 20-ish years old? It's been around long enough now that anyone who has at least a a vested interest in the game or franchise knows this. It's like saying Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers dad.
    My friend was reading it, but never played it through to that point and he just skyped me saying wtf was that. That's why I was a little worried that new players might get a bit bummed out.

9. Post
    gathixpower wrote:
    You'd be a fool if you haven't played FFVII and haven't seen Advent Children.

10. Post
    gathixpower wrote:
    My friend was reading it, but never played it through to that point and he just skyped me saying wtf was that. That's why I was a little worried that new players might get a bit bummed out.
    Fair enough bro. I honestly thought every would have played it by now.

11. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Fair enough bro. I honestly thought every would have played it by now.
    Ye most people would have, but it's a remake, so I guess a lot of curious people will have a peak who might not have played it etc.

I also agree with the list, no one wants to see a FF13 style remake.

12. Post
    I hope they clarify at the square enix press conference tomorrow if coming to PS4 first means it's coming to PC and Xbox one later or just PC. If it was console exclusive to PS4 I think they would have gloated... hard about that. Really looking forward to playing this all over again, first rpg I ever maxed the in-game timer on. And I hope the optional bosses are just as hard or harder than I remember them being.

13. Post
    I usually wish classics dont get remade but I'm willing to give this a shot.

I feel like its the biggest gamble anyones ever done and regardless its going to sell like hot cakes.

Too bad there hasn't been a 9 HD/Port remake as that was the best FF imo.

14. Post
    Tony Cipriani wrote:
    • shit, ALL of the music. If I'm not hitting bongs on the wall market track they've failed
    • the overworld
    • the materia system
    • the story
    • character models (don't go too Advent Children on us, please. The original characters had... character.)
    • classic RPG feel (if they modernise this thing too much, the nostalgia will be lost)
    • that undefinable something... that's right. They had better not **** up that thing I can't really define. My childhood? Yeah, don't **** with that please.
    Actually, I think the materia system could be tinkered with a bit. IMO, I think it was way too easy to become too powerful in FF7 because of the easiness of levelling up materia as well as getting new more powerful materia.

Agree with your other points though.

15. Post
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

16. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Dude what the ****!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

17. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    DAMNIT. I haven't seen Star Wars yet because I am waiting for another rerelease. Thanks for ruining it for me BP.

- - - Updated - - -

Chickenman wrote:
    Dude what the ****!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Beat me to the joke by seconds

18. Post
    Tony Cipriani wrote:
    • the overworld
    • the materia system
    • the story
    So what your saying is your hoping the dont screw up the game lol To be honest there is so much hype and expectations that it is going to be very hard not to **** it up. All i wish they do is revamp the graphics, keep the gameplay, story etc keep everything exactly the way it is. If they do this it should be a successful remake.

Tony Cipriani wrote:
    From what they have shown in the teaser trailer they are going with the Advent Children look and i have no issues with that at all.

19. Post
    I think people who have not played FF7 wouldnt be in this forum but anyone from the current generation most likely hasn't played FF7 (unless they have awesome parents). They are remaking the game for us oldies but dont forget the new generation will play it as well and it will be all new for them.

If your going to post a major story plot like that you should place it in spoiler tags.

20. Post
    pl4gu3 wrote:
    From what they have shown in the teaser trailer they are going with the Advent Children look and i have no issues with that at all.
    I was fine with how everyone looked in Advent Children except Cloud, hope he's modified a bit.

21. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    I was fine with how everyone looked in Advent Children except Cloud, hope he's modified a bit.
    I didnt mind him at all, just he was a little bit of a pussy and depressing but i think that was just Advent Children lol

22. Post
    I hope they add in extra things, e.g. more about Zack now that we know his story, NG+, optional bosses/quests and easter eggs.

23. Post
    cloud dressed as a hooker in HD

24. Post
    JRS wrote:
    excited but also slightly concerned that they won't be able to recreate that indefinable something that made the original so compelling.
    For me, I've been able to pinpoint that something. It was the lack of voice acting. I was able to make up my own interpretation of who the characters really were.

I watched the annouce trailer and got a little concerned about the gruff, forboding voiceover that narrated the clip.

That and the music. Please don't **** with the soundtrack.

25. Post
    pl4gu3 wrote:
    I think people who have not played FF7 wouldnt be in this forum but anyone from the current generation most likely hasn't played FF7 (unless they have awesome parents). They are remaking the game for us oldies but dont forget the new generation will play it as well and it will be all new for them.

If your going to post a major story plot like that you should place it in spoiler tags.
    The game is readily available on Steam for $12.59 AFAICR. Unless people aren't fans of RPGs, there shouldn't be any other reason why you would'nt of had played FFVII yet.