Results 51 to 75 of 79

  1. Post
    #51
    I like RPGs.
    I am a member of this forum.
    I have never played a FF game.

    You argument is invalid. :P

  2. Post
    #52
    Zytorious wrote:
    The game is readily available on Steam for $12.59 AFAICR. Unless people aren't fans of RPGs, there shouldn't be any other reason why you would'nt of had played FFVII yet.
    Just because its easily available on steam doesnt mean everyone who likes RPGs have played it. Yes we rank it but thats because we grew up with it. Thats like saying everyone who likes FPS have played CS1.6.

    A lot of the younger crowd (not saying all) dont like old looking graphics. My cousin is a prime example he is 13 and loves FF13 but hasnt touched FF7 because of the older style but his younger brother loves 7 and hates 13.

    All im saying is use spoiler tags so you dont spoil it for people who haven't played it. Its the reason they where made.

  3. Post
    #53
    Speaking of FF, 50% off on steam of all FF titles. Maybe it's time for me to ditch all my boxed copies and go digital.

  4. Post
    #54
    gathixpower wrote:
    Speaking of FF, 50% off on steam of all FF titles. Maybe it's time for me to ditch all my boxed copies and go digital.
    I got 12 and 12-2 (not bundled together WTF steam!) where the hell is Lighting Returns SE?

  5. Post
    #55
    pl4gu3 wrote:
    I got 12 and 12-2 (not bundled together WTF steam!) where the hell is Lighting Returns SE?
    Lightning Returns hasn't been released yet. It was meant to release Spring (US) this year, but probably held up due to other developments.

    "A lot of people have been asking about Lightning Returns on PC & while we can't confirm a release date, don't worry, it is still coming"

  6. Post
    #56
    gathixpower wrote:
    Lightning Returns hasn't been released yet. It was meant to release Spring (US) this year, but probably held up due to other developments.

    "A lot of people have been asking about Lightning Returns on PC & while we can't confirm a release date, don't worry, it is still coming"
    Yeah i know its not out yet. It does give me plenty of time to play them tho.

  7. Post
    #57
    s1mon wrote:
    cloud dressed as a hooker in HD
    I didn't even consider this. @_@
    It was weird in 1997... how will this translate to 2017?

  8. Post
    #58

  9. Post
    #59
    I've been wondering how modern graphics will gel with some of the quirkier bits of the original. like wall market above.

    honeybee inn could be quite disturbing.....

  10. Post
    #60
    JRS wrote:
    I've been wondering how modern graphics will gel with some of the quirkier bits of the original. like wall market above.

    honeybee inn could be quite disturbing.....
    You over-estimate the impact of post-Advent Children series art direction and under-estimate how much of Japanese-produced entertainment is "LOLANIMEZ" in tone/delivery regardless of presentation and format.


  11. Post
    #61
    pl4gu3 wrote:
    I got 12 and 12-2 (not bundled together WTF steam!) where the hell is Lighting Returns SE?
    OMFG just under 60gb for FF13 and 30gb for FF13-2. Our fibre cant connect fast enough

  12. Post
    #62
    ^Holy shit lol didn't know they were that massive

  13. Post
    #63
    pl4gu3 wrote:
    OMFG just under 60gb for FF13 and 30gb for FF13-2. Our fibre cant connect fast enough
    They are 50+% cutscenes and prerendered cutscenes. They also have the Japanese versions of it as well, so doubling up.

  14. Post
    #64
    gathixpower wrote:
    They are 50+% cutscenes and prerendered cutscenes. They also have the Japanese versions of it as well, so doubling up.
    It would be nice to separate the 2 and dl the English only version

  15. Post
    #65

  16. Post
    #66
    ^ Will be a good year

  17. Post
    #67
    What a let down for an event

  18. Post
    #68
    I played about 10 hours of FFVII in the 90s on release on my shiny PS1, I probably lost interest due to Nirvana's influence or something about Origin shorts. I plan on playing the utter shit out of this not only for the start game nostalgic vibes, but it's looking like a better FFXV: it's basically a new FF for me then.



    So don't post untagged ****ing spoilers, ok?

  19. Post
    #69
    IST wrote:
    I played about 10 hours of FFVII in the 90s on release on my shiny PS1, I probably lost interest due to Nirvana's influence or something about Origin shorts. I plan on playing the utter shit out of this not only for the start game nostalgic vibes, but it's looking like a better FFXV: it's basically a new FF for me then.



    So don't post untagged ****ing spoilers, ok?
    FYI

    Spoiler:


    TBH that spoiler is probably just as well known in the gaming world as Darth Vader being Luke's father.

  20. Post
    #70
    Caffeine wrote:
    FYI

    Spoiler:


    TBH that spoiler is probably just as well known in the gaming world as Darth Vader being Luke's father.
    I didn't read it so I don't know

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  21. Post
    #71
    Being a remake, it could be very difficult to avoid spoilers! It would be interesting if they shake up the storyline a bit, but I imagine different outcomes for major plot points will cause hardcore fans to rage.

  22. Post
    #72
    It really feels like JRPGs have turned a corner, they feel on the up and up more and more every month

    Ni No Kuni 2, Final Fantasy XII Z, Nier: Automata, Nioh and Persona 5 all within a few months of each other and massive games like this on the way too, shieeeet.


  23. Post
    #73
    IST, just buy FF7 off Steam or PSN and play it. It will probably be a much better gameplay experience than this bastardised remake with Kingdom Hearts real time combat.
    IST wrote:
    It really feels like JRPGs have turned a corner, they feel on the up and up more and more every month

    Ni No Kuni 2, Final Fantasy XII Z, Nier: Automata, Nioh and Persona 5 all within a few months of each other and massive games like this on the way too, shieeeet.
    Tales of Berseria just dropped and it's gotten good reviews for its darker storyline. I'm very tempted to pick it up.

  24. Post
    #74
    wow, this really made me excited and considering to play again the original version before this launch.

  25. Post
    #75
    Tales had button bashing real time combat, it's boring stuff