World of Warcraft: Legion

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    I think a starting level of 80-85 is good.

2. Post
    Can't wait to raid with two healers and eight demon hunters, this is going to be sweet

@Rek: I had a lol when they implemented Artifact weapons too. They stole quite a few bits and pieces from XIV since it was released I noticed.

3. Post
    pitty that will never happen unless you mean flex mode super casual raids in which case I get you, but 10 man druid raids ftw

4. Post
    RE: Artifacts "This is the weapon you will use throughout the expansion. You will not get weapon drops in Legion." that is ****ing dumb there better be heaps of different cool visual upgrades for them

5. Post
    lol hunter...

surv becoming melee
    mm losing pet

6. Post
    I 100% guarantee that at the blizzcon following legions release/wherever they announce the next expansion they are going to say something along the lines of: artifacts were a cool idea but everyone having the same weapon didn't work out how they planned. They will also recognize that looting weapons is an important part of character progression and artifacts took away from that.

7. Post
    It's pretty lame there's no weapon drops, but you have to remember these Artifact weapons have skills within them, as you progress through the expansion and the more you upgrade it, you get more and more passives/bonuses from the weapon.

Honestly it won't be as bad as people make it out... FFXIV's relic weapon system is pretty much the same shit and it works fine in that game, if anything WoW's version seems better, since your weapons actually change your abilities.

8. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    It's pretty lame there's no weapon drops, but you have to remember these Artifact weapons have skills within them, that you climb up the ladder the more you upgrade it. Honestly it won't be as bad as people make it out... FFXIV's relic weapon system is pretty much the same shit and it works fine in that game, if anything WoW's version seems better, since your weapons actually have passive within them.
    Don't get wrong that aspect is cool, and I welcome it. I don't know anything about FFXIV but are the weapons there as iconic as ashbringer, frostmourne, doomhammer etc? As soon as I see a frost dk running around with the frostmourne runeblades name xarthasslolxx I'm going to want to shoot myself.

9. Post
    Artifact weapons are a cool idea, but completely replacing regular weapon drops is dumb and lazy IMO. But I guess they rationalised by saying that most WoD/MoP weapons were transmogged to older models or something

10. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Artifact weapons are a cool idea, but completely replacing regular weapon drops is dumb and lazy IMO. But I guess they rationalised by saying that most WoD/MoP weapons were transmogged to older models or something
    Sure, but weapon/trinket/tier drops have always been the most exciting part of the gearing process imo, though I say this as someone who hasn't really raided properly since WOTLK. This is just more of the legendaries for everyone bullshit which is watering down the experience. Power is only significant when it's handed to the few who are willing to work for it. Nowadays it's like playing a game with cheats on - it's fun for a while but then everything becomes a bit dull because you've seen everything and now there's nothing to work for legitimately.

11. Post
    most likely the top level of artifact upgrades will only be available to top end raiders - hence everyone does not get the same power items (which IS a problem at the moment)

12. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    most likely the top level of artifact upgrades will only be available to top end raiders - hence everyone does not get the same power items (which IS a problem at the moment)
    Personally I disagree - that would be similar to restricting a new tier of talents to high end raiders, no? I think if there was to be any sort of benefit to high end raiding in the context of the artifacts it would be that they can level them/upgrade them faster than someone doing LFR but given the cape and now the ring I highly doubt blizzard is going to take away the legendaries-for-everyone from everyone, which is really sad.

13. Post
    The other thing that pisses me off is J Allen Bracks recent comment about how the sub numbers are going down because the WoW population is aging etc. That is so ****ing arrogant it blows my mind. The numbers went up 3million off the marketing of WoD as burning crusade 2 - a return to the glory days of WoW. Blizzard needs to take a step back and understand that it's not a setting, classes, cool weapons etc that bring people in and hold them it's meaningful content with a true sense of community. Bringing back Illidan and adding demon hunters will boost numbers only temporarily (again) if the content remains as watered down as it is.

Excuse my rantings

14. Post
    I'm just curious what they are doing with hunter

15. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    I'm just curious what they are doing with hunter
    Yeah me too... adding a new melee class and changing a range spec to a melee spec. Bosses feet are going to be a cluster**** haha

16. Post
    Clavulanate wrote:
    The other thing that pisses me off is J Allen Bracks recent comment about how the sub numbers are going down because the WoW population is aging etc. That is so ****ing arrogant it blows my mind.
    But it's correct though. The WoW population that's been playing since vanilla/tbc are aging. The game is a decade old, in that time people finish studying, they start full time work, maybe they get married, maybe they have kids, they certainly don't have as much spare time anymore.

Sure sub numbers went up 3 million, but they went down 3 million as well, and I'd wager a large part of that was people getting hyped up, experiencing the leveling content, and then quitting. Which is pretty much what myself and my partner did. And that's fine, I would assume that Blizzard actually kind of expected something like that to happen as they realise that a lot of their core player base, the ones that have been playing for a number of years, don't have as much free time to play any more.

With tokens being introduced, I'm considering a resub, if only to check out tanaan and stuff, and just chill out and level alts sometimes or something. Did enjoy playing with my partner, even if I don't really have time to even do lfr anymore.

17. Post
    New dev interview out this morning.

Karazan will play an important part in the xpac but won't be a raid, at least not at the start of the xpac

Flying will be back, once you get to max level you will be able to use flying mounts again

Daily dungeons will become a thing again, although no details on that yet

They are also already working on the xpac after legion

18. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    New dev interview out this morning.

Karazan will play an important part in the xpac but won't be a raid, at least not at the start of the xpac

Flying will be back, once you get to max level you will be able to use flying mounts again

Daily dungeons will become a thing again, although no details on that yet

They are also already working on the xpac after legion
    link it fool

19. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    mm losing pet
    Is this true? That's awesome, will go back to playing my hunter - always hated the fkn pet.

20. Post
    About time hunters got whacked by the whinge stick

21. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Is this true? That's awesome, will go back to playing my hunter - always hated the fkn pet.
    can already do this with the lone wolf talent......

22. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    Hunter is the least represented in Arenas, that's not to say they can't be done... but the skill level is super high, and quite frankly I haven't PvPed much since Wrath and I totally suck now.
    That's probably the main reason. I always struggle hard at PvP when I first start again after a long break, takes a while to remember to use all your cooldowns since it's happening so fast.

Soan wrote:
    Sure sub numbers went up 3 million, but they went down 3 million as well, and I'd wager a large part of that was people getting hyped up, experiencing the leveling content, and then quitting. Which is pretty much what myself and my partner did. And that's fine, I would assume that Blizzard actually kind of expected something like that to happen as they realise that a lot of their core player base, the ones that have been playing for a number of years, don't have as much free time to play any more.
    Maybe that's why they've decided they want more frequent but shorter expansions, to get more money out of the people that only come back briefly to check out new xpacs but don't remain subbed for the long haul.

23. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    link it fool

24. Post
    Seems interesting, worth a dabble at some stage.

25. Post
    So I read in the same interview that Dalaran was back but they were not yet sure if it would become a new capital city for both factions or if the faction hub would be separated out.

But I'm lost, can someone please explain why Dalaran is here? What is this "broken isles" is this part of Azeroth?? I ask because supposedly Dalaran could be flown from Northrend to elsewhere but it was not in MoP or more crucially WoD