Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

1. Post

RUMOUR: Red Dead Redemption 2 for Q3 2017, E3 2016 announcement

http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-r...eveal-planned/
    Rumours so as always take with a grain of salt. A reader wrote to Fraghero.com claiming that RDR 2 will be announced at E3 2016.

Also a HD remake of RDR1 is coming in 2016.
    Fraghero received an email from a reader who wishes to remain anonymous claiming that the game has been in development for over 4 years and is in fact called Red Dead Redemption 2 : Legends Of The West.

He also claimed that the game will be coming out in the fall of 2017 and Rockstar Games is going to announce it during E3 (which takes place in June) this year. He informed us that the game is going to contain more than one playable character and feature a much bigger open world than the last Red Dead title.

Our source claims to have acquired this information from an ex-Rockstar Games employee and has also informed us that a HD remake of the original Red Dead Redemption is in development for next-gen consoles and will be releasing by end of this year.
    Can we get a day and date PC release alongside the PS4 version? I hope so.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 19th March 2016 at 10:27 am.

2. Post
    Hoping for a PC release if it's true.

3. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    Hoping for a PC release if it's true.
    Give us a PC port of RDR1 while they're at it.

4. Post
    I'm sure if they're doing an HD remake we'll get a PC port. RDR2 will probably follow the same system as GTA, Consoles first then PC.

5. Post
    i don't see why they would do a PC release of a new game if they never even bothered to port RDR?

6. Post
    Never got to play this so can't wait for an HD release and bring on ps 4.5 with this

7. Post
    Clavulanate wrote:
    i don't see why they would do a PC release of a new game if they never even bothered to port RDR?
    Demand ? Rockstar would have to be against making money if they don't release it on PC.

8. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    Demand ? Rockstar would have to be against making money if they don't release it on PC.
    ....so then why didn't they port RDR? Even if they did it today it would make a shit ton of money

9. Post
    I wish I had the answers my friend.

10. Post
    I wish they had ported RDR to PC..hopefully this is on PC aswell.

11. Post
    Clavulanate wrote:
    ....so then why didn't they port RDR? Even if they did it today it would make a shit ton of money
    The market has changed a lot since the middle of the previous generation.

1) It's significantly easier to make multi plat releases this cycle
    2) Publishers have been demonstrating a preference towards HD remakes over new IPs for a couple years now

It's not really that unrealistic when you think about it.

12. Post
    Prediction: PC version comes complete with a remastered version of RDR.

Prediction 2: This could possibly be more exciting to me than Mass Effect: Andromeda, which makes me a little sad.

13. Post
    Clavulanate wrote:
    The original RDR was an absolute mess of a development cycle. The RDR build of the Rage engine was probably a Frankenstein's monster held together with sticky tape.

RDR reportedly had a long and troubled development cycle (~6 years). ~4-5 years with a lack of clear direction and poor studio management. They supposedly all turned it around in 2009 though. Rockstar San Diego's continued existence depended on RDR's success basically.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/12/so...nt-in-trouble/
    http://www.joystiq.com/tag/rockstar-spouse
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/12/s...nt-in-trouble/
    The fact that RDR was prone to so many glitches spoke volumes really.

If there is a "HD remake" in the works it's probably taken Rockstar considerably more time and effort to develop than the 8th gen versions of GTA V.

14. Post
    Q3 2017, so at least 18 months away...

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    snip
    Good post. Thanks.. I think I actually had heard about the troubled development in the past. Do you think there's any possibility that RDR being console exclusive set a precedent and rockstar might keep it that way due to $$ from the console companies?

16. Post
    Clavulanate wrote:
    Do you think there's any possibility that RDR being console exclusive set a precedent and rockstar might keep it that way due to $$ from the console companies?
    No, AAA development is WAY too expensive these days to ignore a potential revenue source as big as PC gaming.

The PC market is a vastly different beast from 2010. I.e. there was still "PC gaming is dead" doom and gloom fearmongering back then. Since Windows 7's stability, Steam + League of Legends exploding, the PC market has a vastly bigger audience than either major consoles. PC is too big to ignore.

GTA V has sold an estimated over 4 million copies sold on Steam alone.
    http://steamspy.com/app/271590
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 19th March 2016 at 6:06 pm.

17. Post

RUMOUR: Red Dead Redemption 2 for Q3 2017, E3 2016 announcement

Clavulanate wrote:
    Good post. Thanks.. I think I actually had heard about the troubled development in the past. Do you think there's any possibility that RDR being console exclusive set a precedent and rockstar might keep it that way due to $$ from the console companies?
    I doubt it. They've realised they can nab that phat PC cash.

18. Post
    Cool I certainly hope that's the case... RDR is one of my favorite games of all time

19. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    No, AAA development is WAY too expensive to these days to ignore a potential revenue source as big as PC gaming.
    It would be stupid to not release this on PC.

imo, RDR2 will be on the same sort of scale as GTA 5, Online play is a must.

PC sales.

Monies.

20. Post
    I never played GTA V online but I'd be really keen to have a go at something like that within the RDR world... minus all the hackers of course. That said I'd probably just end up playing poker all the time

21. Post
    When did rockstar change there stance on E3?

22. Post
    Haven't played RDR but will be picking this up,might have a pc again by then

23. Post
    I don't think I'd bother picking up an HD remake of RDR, I had three goes at trying to finish it on 360 and got sick of it each time. Might be keen for RDR2 though... will wait and see.

24. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    I don't think I'd bother picking up an HD remake of RDR, I had three goes at trying to finish it on 360 and got sick of it each time. Might be keen for RDR2 though... will wait and see.
    Strange, I too never finished it.

25. Post
    Hmm that makes three of us. Although, to be fair I never started it so I can hardly blame the game for that!