Page 2 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

1. Post
    About the best game I played on ps3, hopefully they make RDR2 for PC, so I don't have to get a new console.

2. Post
    jords wrote:
    When did rockstar change there stance on E3?
    They won't have but they have allowed announcements of their titles at the conferences of both MS and Sony in the past... including GTA4, LA Noire, and the long delayed Agent. So it wouldn't be that unheard of, especially if there is some sort of deal going on with either company for some sort of exclusive.

3. Post
    Red Dead Redemption is the second game in the series. The first one was called Red Dead Revolver, so this will be Red Dead something else.

4. Post
    not necessarily. the first one didn't really tae off so a lot of fans only know redemption. publishers like to cling to a recognised "brand". look at demons souls - dark souls and soul edge - soul calibur for example. despite soul calibur being a stupid name they ran with it because it was so successful.

5. Post
    Would buy RDR2 or a remake on PC for sure. I never finished the first either, however I blame my ps3 for shitting itself and then not being able to play it without lagging

6. Post
    Hands down my favourite game of the PS3 generation. This is awesome news if true!

7. Post
    Rumoured new map, see the Great Plains and Tall Trees from the original map in the bottom left, from pretty good source too.

Here's the overlay, looks about 2 x size of RDR land mass, lot's bigger if you include water.

Edit: This is possibly fake I've come to learn... hard to say, take with lots of salt
    Edit 2: This is actually possibly real as hasn't been destroyed by the Housers yet, so who knows
    Last edited by IST; 14th April 2016 at 7:11 pm.

8. Post
    Isn't New Bordeaux and Mafia 3 location?

9. Post
    jords wrote:
    Isn't New Bordeaux and Mafia 3 location?
    Yep, but both are Take 2 if that means anything (probably not, lol).

10. Post
    does the name "legends of the west" seem off to anyone else? It may be just me but I don't see them calling it that.

11. Post
    notlim naneek wrote:
    does the name "legends of the west" seem off to anyone else? It may be just me but I don't see them calling it that.
    I'm down for them to call it anything, I just need it in my veins.

I like the style of the rumour map, lots of different types of terrain, a small Mexican map (perhaps a prologue of sorts).... and I like how it links to the old map at Great Plains/Tall Trees. I really hope it's set much before RDR though, in the classic wild west times, Deadwood style (perhaps a few nods and such).

12. Post
    I'd buy this on PC. Started RDR on PS3 a few years back, it was fine, but didn't enthrall me.

13. Post
    OK so it looks like that map leak is real, and it's definitely set well before RDR: this has me all kinds of excite
    Techradar has a source that seems to verify all the leaked info.

That map is approximately 2 x size of RDR's map, and plenty of railroads, rivers and so many types of environments: not to mention seeing Great Plains and Tall Trees in their western heyday... IRL frothing.

14. Post
    I would scream like a little girl if they announced a 2016 release date

15. Post
    Riding around on a horse in the wild west with gtav graphics/sunsets/lighting is going to be mesmerizing.

I wonder if they will keep the first person mode idea from gtaV.

16. Post
    fuzzy2308 wrote:
    I would scream like a little girl if they announced a 2016 release date
    I would squee like a japanese hentai schoolgirl if they announced a 2016 date.

17. Post
    Ithinkitsrealthistimeguys.gif

18. Post
    Rdr was a good game but bit overrated by cowboy fans lol. Give me gta 6 first !! But ya Ill buy RDR 2!!

19. Post
    I can't stand cowboy movies but loved RDR, probably more than GTA to be honest. I thought the storytelling was much better than GTA.
    Hopefully they're teasing a new RDR and not RDR:HD.

20. Post
    they had better not break our hearts

21. Post
    Eek!

22. Post
    Rockstars first fully new gen title. Should be good.

23. Post
    I too never finished it. Loved riding around shooting stuff though.

24. Post
    Britneys Spear wrote:
    I too never finished it. Loved riding around shooting stuff though.
    RDR had one of the best endings of all time in any video game: The Witcher 3, Mafia 1 and RDR stick out as best ever endings.

If you have a chance ever to play to the end, you won't regret it

25. Post
    If this is the start of an RDR(3) onslaught the timing is right... in recent years R*/T2 released most of it's non-GTA titles in the May slot. Both Red Dead Revolver and Red Dead Redemption released in May (and Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire also arrived in May). So several months of build up isn't too surprising for one of their releases.