1. Post
    It's going to be futuristic

Sent from my potato

2. Post

3. Post
    They're trolling us, it's just going to be a BF4 re-skin guys, same weapons, everything.

4. Post
    It is going to be laser weapons and all that jazz.

Or likely scenario is it is 50ish years after bf4

5. Post
    ludez wrote:
    It is going to be laser weapons and all that jazz.

Or likely scenario is it is 50ish years after bf4
    What makes this 'likely', more so than any other theory? I can't see them doing lasers so close to Battlefront...

6. Post
    <N> wrote:
    What makes this 'likely', more so than any other theory? I can't see them doing lasers so close to Battlefront...
    Likely in my mind haha, but yeah there won't be lasers hopefully.

Will be more of those hover tanks though

7. Post
    hover tanks oh no imagine the disgust over lasers

8. Post
    WW1/2 era makes sense after the amount of modern titles we have seen lately

9. Post
    Chunky wrote:
    WW1/2 era makes sense after the amount of modern titles we have seen lately
    But COD is futuristic and battlefield only follows COD now

10. Post
    ludez wrote:
    But COD is futuristic and battlefield only follows COD now
    Must be a BF remaster incoming then

11. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh snap!

12. Post
    Won't it bite all ya asses if they turn it into a time travel war, where they fight in 1942, Vietnam, BF3/4 and 2142. Battlefield 5: Time wars. I can see it now

13. Post
    Sly Assassin wrote:
    Won't it bite all ya asses if they turn it into a time travel war, where they fight in 1942, Vietnam, BF3/4 and 2142. Battlefield 5: Time wars. I can see it now
    Battle-Splitters

14. Post
    <N> wrote:
    I would consider buying the CoD4 remaster if it's available separate at a fair price.

15. Post
    BZP wrote:
    god no,no future bs
    I'm beginning to hate you bud.

ludez wrote:
    It's going to be futuristic
    I'm beginning to like you however.

BZP wrote:
    hover tanks oh no imagine the disgust over lasers
    Please move on to an old fellows gaming forums. Wait. That's what GPF has become.
    Carry on...

16. Post
    Chunky wrote:
    I would consider buying the CoD4 remaster if it's available separate at a fair price.
    There was only one CoD worthy of the name. CoD + UO. All others have been shit.

17. Post
    Chunky wrote:
    Playerbase is going to be pretty average if they don't.

18. Post
    42 remake with host-your-own servers, mod & map support and no stats please.

19. Post
    No stats? Heresy!

20. Post
    I liked the futuristic stuff better, but that's just my personal preference and definitely the minority from what I can tell.

I found this post on the overwatch subreddit regarded pre-ordering, the guy made some really good points that should be kept in mind for this too (and any pre-order)..

"What's the point of pre ordering now?"

The same as with every other pre-order: There is no point for you, the customer. It's great for the company though.

• They get the money sooner. That helps with liquidity, especially because they have to pay for developers in advance of selling a single game.
    • They have much better numbers to show to their share-holders.
    • Since you have to make an extra effort to get a refund if you change your mind (for example because of bad reviews), you are more likely to ignore it, and they get to keep the money anyway.
    • If you wait too long with refunding, they get to keep the money anyway.

But most importantly:

• You pay them money, no you are (both literally and metaphorically) invested into the game. You're more likely to hype it, to talk about it, and to be positive about it, because else you would have to face the reality that you wasted money, and most people would rather lie than admit a mistake. Basically you pay them to be their marketing fanboy zombie.
    • That is what pre-ordering is about.

That is why you should never preorder.

21. Post
    Gawd. I remember preordering CoD2. Devastated. Never again.

22. Post
    ^Yeah i have had that mindset for awhile now, there is reasons for doing it but only for stuff like collectors editions and limited run stuff

23. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    BF4 is really good now, it just sucked hard on release
    It got better, but now the game sucks because of the players more than anything these days, installed the other week again, then removed a week later because garbage.

SirGrim wrote:
    The battlefield twitter account has been re-twitting some stuff about BF1942 today, they've also been tweeting stuff about Vietname. Maybe BF5 is Vietnam or some sort of hybrid?
    Would rather a 2143 tbh, i'm over the same war settings again and again.

24. Post
    I was actually just thinking about it and i would prefer for it not to be ww1 and ww2 kind of stuff because lets be honest it's kind of boring having only a few guns, it was awesome playing them 10 years ago though.

25. Post
    ww 1 = single shot rifles that take 30 seconds to reload and riding on horses with swords, GG