Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

EA confirms Battlefront 2 in 2017, Plans to release a new Star Wars game every year

EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said during an earnings call that Battlefront 2 will have "bigger and better worlds." He added that it will make use of content from "the new movies," though he didn't name any outright. The first Battlefront only featured content from the original Star Wars trilogy.
    Also during the call, Jorgensen said EA plans to release one new Star Wars game every year for the next three to four years. The Battlefront sequel will come out "next year," he said. It's unclear if he was referring to calendar year 2017 or EA's next fiscal year. Fiscal year 2017 just started on April 1. We have followed up with Electronic Arts in an attempt to get more details.
    Space battles and a good SP campaign is all I ask.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sta.../1100-6439682/

2. Post
    lol whos gonna buy this pos....

3. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    lol whos gonna buy this pos....
    after the last bs

4. Post
    lol

5. Post
    Yeah I can't see them differing from battlefront so pretty sure it will be the same just different maps

6. Post
    All they need now is a high profile celebrity endorsement. Im really looking forward to "ewan McGregor's star wars battlefront '18"

7. Post
    Battlefront 2 will "crash and burn" just as hard as the Battlefront 2015 if it's the same casual gamer nonsense. By January this year BF2015 had bugger all people playing it!
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 12th May 2016 at 8:09 am.

8. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Battlefront 2 will "crash and burn" just as hard as the Battlefront 2015 if it's the same casual gamer nonsense. January BF2015 was had bugger all people playing it!
    I disagree, i think it will be just as big as battlefront. They sold a tonne of copies

9. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I disagree, i think it will be just as big as battlefront. They sold a tonne of copies
    I know, hence crash and burn in quotes. My point:- Having a big surge of sales out of the gate is one thing, having a steady income stream is another. Just look at CS:GO, or even DICE's own BF4, MP games that still have healthy player populations years after release. Meanwhile on Battlefront...
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 12th May 2016 at 8:10 am.

10. Post
    Yeah was just simply saying it will be huge. Which is a joke because battlefront sucks

11. Post
    They'll probably release a trailer and it'll look good and everyone will forget the last release.

Happens every time.

12. Post
    I don't know, maybe for people that have been gaming for a short amount of time.

I'm much, much more cautious with my money these days. I'm a SW and BF fan, but even I could see I should hold off.

Doubt there will be a demo next time..

13. Post
    Why so much hate for Battlefront? It's a mean game only issue is finding a game.
    But once you get in it is minnnnnt way better than anything I've played in the last 3 years

14. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    Why so much hate for Battlefront? It's a mean game only issue is finding a game.
    But once you get in it is minnnnnt way better than anything I've played in the last 3 years
    Because it's a very simple shooter in a star wars skin rather than a battlefront 3.

15. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    It's like the most dumbed down generic shooter I have played it was so half assed and casual.

16. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    Because it's a very simple shooter in a star wars skin rather than a battlefront 3.
    By skin you mean a star wars skin on Battlefield 4?

17. Post
    han16 wrote:
    By skin you mean a star wars skin on Battlefield 4?
    If it was a bf4 reskin it would have been a much better game

18. Post
    *sigh* read title as "EA confirms Battlefield 2 in 2017" got excited

19. Post
    Yea not going to buy this... was so dissapointed of Battlefront and i used to play Battlefront 2 on the ps2 for ages. Then they took away everything. Made it so boring and stupid. Put me off it for good, i'd rather play SP on Battlefront 2 than that.

20. Post
    ludez wrote:
    It's like the most dumbed down generic shooter I have played it was so half assed and casual.
    The Battlefront games always were though, really.

21. Post
    Richard7666 wrote:
    In what way?battlefront 2 had Jedi combat like really well done too

22. Post
    Richard7666 wrote:
    OG Battlefront 2 was a true class-based MP game that lived or died by teamplay. NuBattlefront is a casual spamfest.

23. Post
    I was hoping for simple arcady style, like the original, but it turned out so bland.

24. Post

25. Post
    Number #1 to make Battlefront Popular,......

A ****ing server browser.

That's it, that's all its needed since the the start.

If I load it up right now, how do I tell if anyone else is playing ? What game mode they are playing ? What ping am I going to get ? Every person who I know owns this game doesn't play it because "no one else appears to be playing".

I had a friend buy this for me in hopes a group of us would get into it. I've played it 3 times, and downloaded over 20 gb 3 times. Its like they are doing everything to stop me from wanting to play it.

What is making a second one going to achieve ?

Only time Battlefront is ever going to see more players is when it appears in "On The House".