Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    What is making a second one going to achieve ?
    It'll make them more money, just like this one did.

2. Post
    You'd like to think that people wont be so stupid and flock to the second one this time round.

3. Post
    So EA released a video thingy teasing upcoming starwars games. I reckon the Amy Henning game is connected to the Han Solo movie. Could be wrong but it cant be a coincidence that her game is releasing in 2018 probably around the same time as the movie as as well.

4. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    Number #1 to make Battlefront Popular,......

A ****ing server browser.

That's it, that's all its needed since the the start.

If I load it up right now, how do I tell if anyone else is playing ? What game mode they are playing ? What ping am I going to get ? Every person who I know owns this game doesn't play it because "no one else appears to be playing".

I had a friend buy this for me in hopes a group of us would get into it. I've played it 3 times, and downloaded over 20 gb 3 times. Its like they are doing everything to stop me from wanting to play it.

What is making a second one going to achieve ?

Only time Battlefront is ever going to see more players is when it appears in "On The House".
    Exactly the reason I stopped, in the dark.

5. Post
    **** ea

6. Post
    EA revealed some new details in a conference call today.

Coming Holiday 2017

Even bigger, more locations, more heroes, multiple star wars eras

SP Campaign

Developed by DICE, Motive and Criteron.

7. Post
    A SP campaign and more heroes? Well all of my concerns have completely vanished.

Let's all preorder!

8. Post
    I wonder what style of campaign they will go with. A battlefield 1 style or a CoD style single player over the top action which wouldnt go missing in a Star Wars setting

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

9. Post
    Skuttle wrote:
    I wonder what style of campaign they will go with. A battlefield 1 style or a CoD style single player over the top action which wouldnt go missing in a Star Wars setting

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Hopefully something like Battlefront 1 or 2. Just using the MP maps with a ton of AI and a series of different objectives.

10. Post
    They should offer it half price for everyone who purchased the half finished game in Battlefront.

11. Post
    DICE used to be a great developer, ever since Bad Company 2 they've been going downhill. EA's business decisions are slowly killing off replayability, most recently by dropping support for private dedicated servers. This is done intentionally to feed the endless cycle of half-baked game + dlc pack year after year.

12. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    Hopefully something like Battlefront 1 or 2. Just using the MP maps with a ton of AI and a series of different objectives.
    They did this with the current Battlefront with an update. Felt bland and boring when i tried it tbqh

Everything about the game just feels so casualised. Nothing takes effort or skill. Just click and move forward the analog stick to sprint everywhere like a headless chicken.

Highly improbable that anything will change with Battlefront 2

13. Post
    Hopefully the campaign is something like the republic commando game. Really story driven. And about 8 hours long. Though personally im expecting something lazily put together similar to battlefield 1.

14. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Hopefully the campaign is something like the republic commando game. Really story driven. And about 8 hours long. Though personally im expecting something lazily put together similar to battlefield 1.
    It will definitely be a rehash of the current battlefront

15. Post
    I'm interested to see the timeline they use for their single player campaign.
    Would be cool to move across timeliness and jump back and forth witnessing Darth Vader's turn and the impact on the galaxy from a game point of view. Cause those short movies from the Old Republic are nuts.

16. Post
    I was out of the loop of multiplayer PC games until BF1 which I basically bought my new rig for, hadn't played anything for an extended period since basically CoD 2. However, since when did these idiot developer/publishers think it was a good idea to remove server browsers? I see they made a big deal out of being to do it in BF1, like, I thought it was a standard thing?? Another thing which I find ridiculous is that if you were to rent a server in BF1 you dont even have the power to kick/ban players. Seems like a completely broken system to me.

All of that said, I never played the first battlefront but will probably pick this one up.

17. Post
    All for casualness man.

18. Post
    ErAd wrote:
    All of that said, I never played the first battlefront but will probably pick this one up.
    Have a look at origin access for $6nz a month (and 10% off purchases), battlefront 1 is one of the games in the vault.

19. Post
    Necriss wrote:
    DICE used to be a great developer, ever since Bad Company 2 they've been going downhill. EA's business decisions are slowly killing off replayability, most recently by dropping support for private dedicated servers. This is done intentionally to feed the endless cycle of half-baked game + dlc pack year after year.
    You have a short memory.

BF1942 was good but half baked, lots of things missing and standins everywhere. BF:V was also half baked with a stack of missing features that had been advertised, also a buggy unbalanced mess. BF2, much the same.

Unless they have changed recently they were always a shit tier studio that had a big marketing budget from EA.

20. Post
    ErAd wrote:
    I was out of the loop of multiplayer PC games until BF1 which I basically bought my new rig for, hadn't played anything for an extended period since basically CoD 2. However, since when did these idiot developer/publishers think it was a good idea to remove server browsers? I see they made a big deal out of being to do it in BF1, like, I thought it was a standard thing?? Another thing which I find ridiculous is that if you were to rent a server in BF1 you dont even have the power to kick/ban players. Seems like a completely broken system to me.

I'm sure they'll be adding a server browser in battlefront 2, they said they're adding the most requested features and that was definitely one.

All other battlefield games have had a server browser... it wasn't really a big deal for BF1, just moved from being web-browser based back to in-game.

The kick/ban thing is coming.

21. Post
    Will not buy after BF 1, what assholes to put us through that

22. Post
    DarkCypher wrote:
    You'd like to think that people wont be so stupid and flock to the second one this time round.
    If they include the first one with it, (which I didn't buy because I found the beta simplistic as ****), I'd give it a look in :P