Results 1,101 to 1,119 of 1119

1. Post
    78vin wrote:
    right now i have a H55, will the H100iv2 make quite a difference? -/+ 10 degrees at least?
    I doubt it will make much difference to peak temps. There's a limit to the amount of liquid that those little aio pumps can move away from the CPU. The bigger radiators will just mean you can use lower rpm fans. If you're cranking the fan up now, you might be able to run the fans on a 115 at 20% for the same result for example.

2. Post
    hackdrag0n wrote:
    110, 115 will dissipate the heat faster but the 100 can still dissipate way more heat than you'll ever need to get rid of.

I know that this doesn't help much but they are all good choices.

240 easier to mount. 280 means slower fan rpm may be required so a bit quieter (in theory).
    No noticeable difference in sound or cooling between h100i and h115i.

3. Post
    Yeah suspected the difference might be negligible that's why I said in theory. Thanks for clarifying.

Getting 5ghz will depend more in Silicon lottery than cooler imo. Not all 7700k cpus can do it.
    Last edited by hackdrag0n; 24th April 2017 at 6:52 pm.

4. Post
    You'd be pretty unlucky to get one that can't get to 5ghz, but yep.

5. Post
    Just got my mount kit for my NH-U14S and installed. Turns out the Wraith Spire cooler does a pretty good job.

I can hit 3.9 with the NH-UH14S and reasonable temperatures but 4.0 is a lost cause. The Spire was happy and quiet at 3.8.

So my recommendation to anyone buying Ryzen is to purchase a model with the bundled Wraith Spire and not to bother with an after market cooler. You will get great performance with the bundled cooler so spend the extra $150 on a better GPU.

6. Post
    so i got the H100i v2 and installed it with the pre applied thermal

didn't even make much difference at max load.

is it normal that the liquid is at 33.6c and the cpu was at 80-84 reaching a max of 87?

Name:  test3.png
Views: 71
Size:  375.7 KB

7. Post
    78vin wrote:

is it normal that the liquid is at 33.6c and the cpu was at 80-84 reaching a max of 87?

Tried to tell you I'd be surprised if it made much difference. You're being limited by the laws of physics. Delid and/or go custom water loop with a better sized pump and tubing than that piddly AIO if you're serious about reducing temps. Even then the amount of overclock potential you'll gain is minimal compared to the time and money you'll spend on it.

8. Post
    78vin wrote:

Seems legit for a 7700K.

9. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    Just got my mount kit for my NH-U14S and installed. Turns out the Wraith Spire cooler does a pretty good job.

I can hit 3.9 with the NH-UH14S and reasonable temperatures but 4.0 is a lost cause. The Spire was happy and quiet at 3.8.

So my recommendation to anyone buying Ryzen is to purchase a model with the bundled Wraith Spire and not to bother with an after market cooler. You will get great performance with the bundled cooler so spend the extra $150 on a better GPU.
    I think this is sound advice. The current silicone will generally happily run at 3.8 stock volts. No need for aftermarket cooler as the frequency wall on these chips aren't practically surmountable with volts and cooling.

10. Post
    Yup. Feel a bit silly about pre ordering an 1800x when it tops out at 4.0ghz. That extra 100mhz cost me heaps. You know what though? YOLO and maybe a bit of FOMO for good measure.

11. Post
    Good advice, my corsair h110i is largely for aesthetics...or if zen2 actually needs better cooling to squeeze performance out of it

12. Post
    hackdrag0n wrote:
    Tried to tell you I'd be surprised if it made much difference. You're being limited by the laws of physics. Delid and/or go custom water loop with a better sized pump and tubing than that piddly AIO if you're serious about reducing temps. Even then the amount of overclock potential you'll gain is minimal compared to the time and money you'll spend on it.
    yeap screw it, not gonna bother as i don't really play much games anyways. just doing it for fun. lol

13. Post
    Playing with the hardware is at least half the fun of pc gaming.

14. Post
    hackdrag0n wrote:
    what i don't understand is why the liquid seems to be cool at 33.6c and the cpus are 80s.

This is my first time installing a cooler and i hope i did it right .. i guess if it ****ed it up it wouldn't even boot or temps would be 100c?

15. Post
    hackdrag0n wrote:
    I used to run a watercooled opteron 144 @ 3Ghz for lan's. My FPS in CS:GO was just insanely high compared to everyone else. Ah the good old days when Danger Den were pretty much synonymous with water cooling.

16. Post
    78vin wrote:
    what i don't understand is why the liquid seems to be cool at 33.6c and the cpus are 80s.

This is my first time installing a cooler and i hope i did it right .. i guess if it ****ed it up it wouldn't even boot or temps would be 100c?
    I'm not super clued up on the physics of it all but the ihs on the processor can only hold so much heat and the cooler can only move it away at a certain rate. The liquid is supposed to stay relatively cool - if it was getting really hot it would affect the expected lifetime of the cooler.

36 degrees sounds normal, your cpu temps look normal, wouldn't worry about it if i were you.

17. Post
    hackdrag0n wrote:
    I'm not super clued up on the physics of it all but the ihs on the processor can only hold so much heat and the cooler can only move it away at a certain rate. The liquid is supposed to stay relatively cool - if it was getting really hot it would affect the expected lifetime of the cooler.

36 degrees sounds normal, your cpu temps look normal, wouldn't worry about it if i were you.
    I've heard that IHS contact on some intel CPU's is piss poor. Short of delidding, not much can be done about it.

18. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    I've heard that IHS contact on some intel CPU's is piss poor. Short of delidding, not much can be done about it.
    Yup, the thermal paste they use is junk.

19. Post
    Anyone know what warranty comes with the MSI motherboards at Clunge?

Eyeing up a combo that should run the memory @ 3200mhz, have almost given up on ASUS and Gigabyte boards due to lack of memory options for them. MSI appears to have cheaper memory options. Wanted an ASUS B350 board, but most memory will seems to run at 2133. So the MSI mATX board will do the trick, with no premium paid for the memory if it doesn't hit 3200, so no loss. Trying to build a good bang for buck combo and spending the rest on GPU.