1. Post
    I'll prolly grab this when it hits a major discount. Probably just to check out the SP.

2. Post
    How bad is the combat really?

I intend on maining Samurai.

3. Post
    Anyone with invites left?

4. Post
    Bt wrote:

been practising with the Orochi class.... COMBAT is awesome as hell! like dark souls PVP but with so much more control and proper combos!

The only thing wonder about how well the Uplay server will keep up with the netcode since you have to use precise timing.

5. Post
    I've also jumped in and given it a try now, very complex but seems deep and rewarding if you master it. Can't wait to do some PVP this weekend...

6. Post
    Sheesh this is a solid game.

7. Post
    Bt wrote:

It's like a bad mix of mount & blade and dynasty warrior mobs.
    Grunts are pathetic and boring, you just light or heavy attack and there's no depth.
    For real enemies it's inspired by M&B but done badly. You're locked into an automatic camera because your mouse movement only changes stance, which is awful. Automatic blocking (which doesn't always work) and the bad camera were too much for me.

8. Post
    M9 the combat is great!

9. Post
    I've been really looking forward to playing this game, but currently I'm starting to think whether I should really buy this game.
    These are some of the issues and experiences I felt while playing the game.
    ==Interface== I find it horrible, when I try to chat to people and type capital letters or symbol I press shift which forces me to look at the game map!! So the map is flicking on and off all the time when I try to talk to people. (this I think can be fixed by manually changing the keys).
    Faction war map is confusing, you can't examine them in the main menu, you are to choose game mode to play here and then you can see what actually is going on in the waiting room while waiting for everyone to get ready.
    And when you press ready in the game lobby, you can't go back and see who is not ready and check other settings and stuff.
    ==Techinical stuff== Most games I play eg, overwatch or league of legend or other steam games I get something like 30~45ms (ping) When I try to play 1v1 in the for honor, sometimes people just randomly move place to place then suddenly I'm dead. In 4v4 dominion mode, most people have red latency bars... And I'm very sure that I don't have any internet issues. Also there's this infinite loading bug, where I'm stuck waiting for people but people just keeps entering or leaving the loading screen. I'm forced to quit the game then launch the game again. I have recommend setup for for-honor but I get something like 35 fps with lowest setting. and when frame suddenly drops below 30fps I get kicked out of the game. gtx 760 graphics card is definitely not good enough to be labeled as recommeneded for requirements. I don't mind buying a new GPU but some people might find this annoying when they find out you can't even run the game with minimum requirement setting.
    ==Game play== Not very welcoming to new players. The tutorial only teaches you how to slash and dash. They don't teach you stuff like what button you need to press to talk to other people, how traps work in game or how to revive people. But what I find most frustrating is lack of chance to communicate with other people. before, in and after the game. The reason for this I think is because they don't know how to chat... And there are many unknown errors like "you can't start the multiplayer game 102566083260" something like this pops up time to time.
    The game itself is really fun but I find there is so many things missing at the moment and release date is not so far from now.
    PS please excuse my bad english and grammar.

10. Post
    geneterror wrote:
    Please explain? I was looking for something competitive to play when I don't feel like playing fighting games but this statement worries me. Please don't tell me there is weapons or armour that you can only obtain with real money.
    There is no weapon or armour that you can only obtain with real money, but you can buy lootboxes containing random equipment with real money.

It's a similar pricing model to Hearthstone, except you also have to pay upfront for a full priced game.

11. Post
    Bt wrote:

Combat is really good actually. Feels like animatioms are about 20% too slow and floaty, but mechanically solid as hell game.

Main problem so far is the P2P matchmaking, it gives the host a huge advantage and I've seen quite a few instances of bad rollback mid-combat already. When it works, its awesome but when it doesnt it feels like you have zero chance against the host advantage.

By the way, anyone in the beta - make sure you do the advanced tutorial and not just the basic one. Parries and guard break counters really give you a lot more options in combat than are initially obvious

12. Post
    Okay, I find it an upgraded version of Dark Souls combat, mixed with Mount and Blade (ie directional) and its amazing...reason why I enjoy it? Well...these were my first three games.

What I do note is that ping bars are red, so I'm possibly hosting with dudes in the states? BL for them, I guess..

13. Post
    Keen to try this! Does anyone have a spare invite? Hype_NZ on Uplay (PC)

14. Post
    limeonion wrote:
    I've been really looking forward to playing this game, but currently I'm starting to think whether I should really buy this game.

==Techinical stuff== Most games I play eg, overwatch or league of legend or other steam games I get something like 30~45ms (ping) When I try to play 1v1 in the for honor, sometimes people just randomly move place to place then suddenly I'm dead. In 4v4 dominion mode, most people have red latency bars... And I'm very sure that I don't have any internet issues. Also there's this infinite loading bug, where I'm stuck waiting for people but people just keeps entering or leaving the loading screen. I'm forced to quit the game then launch the game again..
    This is because there are no servers, you're connected to someones PC god knows where. This might be a killer for this game. Especially for us south pacificers.

15. Post
    hype wrote:
    Keen to try this! Does anyone have a spare invite? Hype_NZ on Uplay (PC)
    my last inv sent dont be a stranger to team up in there!!

16. Post
    I haven't got a verdict yet - my initial impression is that I hate the target/camera locking - I would much prefer the freeform mode that M&B offers - but this could be a style point and what I'm used to (I'm not particularly good at the combat here yet.

It definitely feels more fun to play than Chiv which felt like Medieval COD, but I was hoping for huge player war dynamics (maybe in the full game?) rather than 4 v 4 modes. The advantage of M&B was the chaos which was ALL players - you had 100 player servers, which give it that addictive big army feel (with cav, archers and melee). I don't like that this game is really just different blends of melee.

I've still got to play more - and I'm not saying it's without its merits, but it's probably not the game I'm looking for.

17. Post
    Finally got a beta code and had a 30 min crack at it this morning. So far liking it, hits feel solid, animation is fluid and graphics are slick. Will be sinking a good few hours tonight.

18. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I'll prolly grab this when it hits a major discount. Probably just to check out the SP.
    Be careful, the single player mode is now online only, so they're liable to end up just dropping the whole thing.
    Guaranteed no-buy from me unless it's patched out, as I am a man of principle.

19. Post
    Okay I was up from 8pm till 4am playing this, I will probably buy it day one.

20. Post
    Like most ubisoft games. Looks like it will be fun for a while but get boring.

21. Post
    Anyone got a key? Want to try before I buy.

22. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Like most ubisoft games. Looks like it will be fun for a while but get boring.
    not for me, this one has the addictive online play! cant put it down

23. Post
    It is a very good game, but it's pretty bland. The combat is very good but limited, and it's not as good as chivalry in that it's only small maps and 4v4 max

24. Post
    Richard7666 wrote:
    Be careful, the single player mode is now online only, so they're liable to end up just dropping the whole thing.
    Guaranteed no-buy from me unless it's patched out, as I am a man of principle.
    Meh... It looks interesting but will wait for a while as I've been burnt by ubisoft once.

25. Post
    ludez wrote:
    It is a very good game, but it's pretty bland. The combat is very good but limited, and it's not as good as chivalry in that it's only small maps and 4v4 max
    The combat is pretty deep and complex actually