1. Post
    DP: On Warehouse Red Alert deals today http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/re...ntendo-classic

2. Post
    O.o isn't $120 the rrp?

3. Post
    120 lol.. 25 for the other controller

4. Post
    Pre-order too... "give me your money now you will get your console in four months"

5. Post
    For those who missed out on Mighty Ape and allergic to EB.

Sold out fast though tbh.

6. Post
    only $120? i'm sure enough hipsters would pay 180 for one.

7. Post
    Anybody played theirs yet?

This thing is really small and cool but damn that short controller cord length is a huge let down. Be sure to grab yourself an extension cable. Nyko is releasing a "Miniboss" wireless controller with usb charging which should be really useful.

The games are rendered really quite nicely with the default 4:3 mode. I haven't had the time to try any other display modes or many games as I've only had 10 minutes of time with it so far.

8. Post
    How's the audio? Other similar all-in-one devices (and I'm fairly certain Nintendo has outsourced production to one of the licensed OEMs) have had really terrible problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vJWW9WaQ

9. Post
    Got mine from Harvey Norman and I forgot I need an AC adapter so i have to wait until I can go to eb games on Saturday and grab one

10. Post
    koukimonster wrote:
    Got mine from Harvey Norman and I forgot I need an AC adapter so i have to wait until I can go to eb games on Saturday and grab one
    Do you have to buy an adapter for it?

11. Post
    Yeah doesn't come with one in NZ for some reason. I think it is just a 5V 1A USB wall adapter it requires (I believe it comes with the USB cable, i havent checked).

Pretty ridiculous considering the NZ price is quite expensive already
    Last edited by koukimonster; 12th November 2016 at 3:19 pm.

12. Post
    koukimonster wrote:
    Yeah doesn't come with one in NZ for some reason. I think it is just a 1.5V 1A USB wall adapter it requires (I believe it comes with the USB cable, i havent checked).

Pretty ridiculous considering the NZ price is quite expensive already
    That's stupid, just like the 3ds don't come with power adapters

13. Post
    koukimonster wrote:
    Did you not plug it in to your TV's USB slot?

That should work, I haven't had a chance to try it on mine yet.

Failing that, surely you have a phone charger not charging your phone that very minute.

14. Post
    Are these not available in nz?

15. Post
    Someone on the nintendo facebook group said it didnt work using the tv usb port.

I have a multiplug with usb ports that can supply 2.1A so i might try that. I dont have a TV and will have to play it through my monitor which doesnt have speakers. So at the moment i have no way to play the audio. Until i figure that out or buy a tv im not too fused.

16. Post
    I was playing emulated NES games in high resolutions (for the time) with save states in 1997 for free. Having trouble finding a reason to care about this.

17. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I was playing emulated NES games in high resolutions (for the time) with save states in 1997 for free. Having trouble finding a reason to care about this.
    I bet you owned all the cartridges you were emulating too eh

18. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    I bet you owned all the cartridges you were emulating too eh
    If it wasn't for emulation I probably wouldn't have later bought an actual Game Boy Colour console and various games which I had already played like Super Mario Bros DX, Pokemon Red, Pokemon Yellow, etc. Ditto for games like Final Fantasy 4-6, I bought several legit copies of those games over the years for platforms like PS1, Android, PSP, etc - played all of them first through emulation.

Anyway I was a child. As an adult I've probably pirated less than a dozen games, spending literally thousands on software over the years.

19. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Are these not available in nz?
    I think they're pretty much sold out in NZ now. I preordered mine as soon as MA announced them; with the intention of buying a second controller at launch.

That last bit turned a bit spanners to be fair!

20. Post
    Geez they aren't cheap!

21. Post
    No they're not cheap but I love collecting Nintendo things so this is a nice addition and early Xmas present to myself.

The controllers are extremely hard to find to buy online. I might take a look in EB Games and Te Warewhare when I get a spare moment.

KevinL - The audio seemed fine to me.

22. Post
    Does anyone know if there are extensions that can be used on these NES controllers currently i.e. were there ever extension cables for the wii controllers?

23. Post
    koukimonster wrote:
    Does anyone know if there are extensions that can be used on these NES controllers currently i.e. were there ever extension cables for the wii controllers?
    Mighty Ape has an extension cable for sale.

24. Post
    My Xbox One (not even switched on) was enough to power my NES Mini through USB lol. I figured, well it can charge the controller when the console isn't turned on so why not try it? Seemed to work fine for me.

Consoles working together.

Pretty cheap they can't even put a power adapter in the pack though, seems to be the way of the world now though.

25. Post
    Sting wrote:
    My Xbox One (not even switched on) was enough to power my NES Mini through USB lol. I figured, well it can charge the controller when the console isn't turned on so why not try it? Seemed to work fine for me.

Consoles working together.

Pretty cheap they can't even put a power adapter in the pack though, seems to be the way of the world now though.
    I think it's to do with e waste. So many people have spare cell phone chargers etc. I could be wrong depending on what the current t draw is