Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Xiaomi Phones Thread

Since their phones are really popular atm figured at separate thread from the other ones.

Anywho.

Rumors of Xiamoi Redmi Pro Mini
    http://www.androidauthority.com/xiao...leaked-707248/

If it's at least as good as the note 3 pro. I'm in.

2. Post
    Xiaomi fanboi checking in

3. Post
    mac-one-oh wrote:
    Xiaomi fanboi checking in
    +1

4. Post
    Here too. Although I'm a big fan of the current wave of high end Chinese phones in general.

5. Post
    I’m a new Redmi Note 3 owner, and I’m really liking it so far – except for the fact that the wifi signal strength is extremely bad compared to any other devices. It seems that nobody else is having this issue though?

6. Post
    WhatsUpMyNinja_ wrote:
    I’m a new Redmi Note 3 owner, and I’m really liking it so far – except for the fact that the wifi signal strength is extremely bad compared to any other devices. It seems that nobody else is having this issue though?
    Not me, mine works great. Tried a different ROM? I'm running the latest MIUI 8 dev rom

7. Post
    checking in as well.

Love my mi5 pro. Might even consider their new laptop thats coming out

8. Post
    mac-one-oh wrote:
    Not me, mine works great. Tried a different ROM? I'm running the latest MIUI 8 dev rom
    Started with the official Global Rom, and now on Miui 8 - same issue on both....

9. Post
    An official Cyanogen nightly now available redmi-note-3
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/redm...od-13-t3431866

10. Post
    Man I find X.DA instructions confusing sometimes... I've managed to unlock the bootloader on my Note 3 Pro officially and Im running the MIUI 8 dev rom. Keen to flash Cyanogenmod but I cant follow exactly what I have to do from that link, can anyone give me some detailed instructions on what I need to do?

11. Post
    WhatsUpMyNinja_ wrote:
    No issues for me with WiFi either, I use mine on an outdoor WiFi network and my Note 3 gets a better connection than the machinery I work on, which have external antennas. This was the same with the stock stable ROM and the dev one.

12. Post
    Just ordered a Redmi Note 3, gonna look at purchasing a Mi5 when I'm in Beijing later in the year.

13. Post
    HungLau wrote:
    Just ordered a Redmi Note 3, gonna look at purchasing a Mi5 when I'm in Beijing later in the year.
    Be careful, I don't think they have any official physical stores (despite what the store might claim), only their website or tmall.

14. Post
    nile wrote:
    Be careful, I don't think they have any official physical stores (despite what the store might claim), only their website or tmall.
    Really? My Chinese is non-existent beyond what Google Translate whips up, but this looks like a list of (retail?) stores addresses http://www.mi.com/c/xiaomizhijia/

I'd heard that a Shanghai or Beijing store used to be in a suspect-looking office building, as in a middle-floor non-descript looking location instead of say a ground-floor retail space like we'd expect.

15. Post
    Have been to a few xiaomi stores in china, was just at the guangzhou and chengdu one. They're legit and great! they're the Apple of China

16. Post
    xKAWSx wrote:
    Have been to a few xiaomi stores in china, was just at the guangzhou and chengdu one. They're legit and great! they're the Apple of China
    The shops that appeared to be Xiaomi I've been to had real limited stock, all >6mo old models, or obviously fake products, not sure if the ones I went to were on that list but the one in GZ was in a Baihua in a upmarket mall in Tianhe. A lot of brands have QR codes on their packaging that you can use to check if they're genuine on a govt/manufacturers website.

As for Beijing, the Xiaomi shop on the list that you posted at ZhongGuanCun is probably easiest to get to cause there's a subway stop just there (on the way back from the Summer Palace heading back to the city if you're there for tourism), just ignore the people in the subway that try buy/sell phones to you as that whole area is like electronics retail/wholesale.

17. Post
    I'm in the Market for a new phone.

I used to have a big 6 inch phablet that I loved. After 2 years on a normal sized handset (5.5 inches) I want to go back! I was looking at the Huawei Mate 8, but have also come across the Xiaomi Mi Max and am seriously considering it, given all the good press Xiaomi have been getting lately.

You guys had any experience with them? What's the best way for a kiwi to buy one? I'm thinking I might just ebay it.

18. Post
    Lennysaurus wrote:
    I'm in the Market for a new phone.

I used to have a big 6 inch phablet that I loved. After 2 years on a normal sized handset (5.5 inches) I want to go back! I was looking at the Huawei Mate 8, but have also come across the Xiaomi Mi Max and am seriously considering it, given all the good press Xiaomi have been getting lately.

You guys had any experience with them? What's the best way for a kiwi to buy one? I'm thinking I might just ebay it.
    I can get one from their official site in China if the model/colour you want is in stock. Otherwise Reddit probably has a list of best places to get it/stores that are legit.

19. Post
    Any of their stores in Hong kong, heading their in November

20. Post
    orifice wrote:
    Man I find X.DA instructions confusing sometimes... I've managed to unlock the bootloader on my Note 3 Pro officially and Im running the MIUI 8 dev rom. Keen to flash Cyanogenmod but I cant follow exactly what I have to do from that link, can anyone give me some detailed instructions on what I need to do?
    Check the wiki on the xiaomi subreddit

21. Post
    Hrmmm, heading to Shanghai (and Beijing) in October and was thinking of buying a Nexus when I got back.

By default these have no google account but with cyanomod I can load it on right?

22. Post
    voy1dnz wrote:
    Hrmmm, heading to Shanghai (and Beijing) in October and was thinking of buying a Nexus when I got back.

By default these have no google account but with cyanomod I can load it on right?
    This guy has legit advice on places to go in both cities for food, I'd skip Quanjude duck in BJ and go to DaDong at Wangfujing and BianYiFang near Sanlitun, best branches of each that i've tried.
    http://paulstravelpics.blogspot.co.n...n-17-days.html
    http://paulstravelpics.blogspot.co.n...erary-and.html

If you buy in China they won't have Google anything. I think you can get a different region's official ROM and load on Google stuff or use a 3rd party ROM.

huntakillaz wrote:
    Any of their stores in Hong kong, heading their in November
    http://www.mi.com/hk/service/mifamily/

23. Post
    You can load the Europe ROM without unlocking your boot and it will have Google.

24. Post
    sweet, might look into one of them whilst I'm over there.

Thanks guys

25. Post
    IMO would look for one with good custom ROM support, so you can flash something like CM13.