Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Arrival [Denis Villeneuve]

Denis Villeneuve is fast becoming one of my favourite directors, and between Prisoners, Enemy, Sicario, and the upcoming Blade Runner sequel he is crafting quite the career of striking and disturbing thrillers. His latest opens later this year and looks both typically understated and incredibly fascinating.

2. Post
    Ok heard good things about these movies will hunt them down and watch.

3. Post
    Huge fan of both Prisoners and Sicario, but much of that could also be attributed to the DP. Haven't watched Enemy yet but it's sitting on the shelf so I'm sure I'll get to it.

4. Post
    Prisoners was pretty good but Enemy is average at best

5. Post
    Incendies is also very good. And yeah, he chooses some great DP's.

6. Post
    This guy makes great movies! Really excited about this one, even with Amy Adams in it.

7. Post
    First full-length trailer. I really like the concept behind this and that it's not just another 'evil-aliens-invade-Earth' scenario.

8. Post
    Looks fantastic! He's a great film-maker. Incendies is top 5 of all time for me.

9. Post
    looks pretty shit. if from the director of sicario and prisoners wasn't plastered before the rest of the trailer and amy adams wasn't there (since she's a 'smart movie' actress) you'd be forgiven for thinking this is some shyamalama flick or 90's meh sci fi films like contact, sphere or some the day when the earth stood still rip off

happy to be proven wrong though

10. Post
    Looks derivative but the filmmaker is top drawer, so would be worth a watch.

I haven't liked Amy Adams in anything since Sunshine Cleaning, I really think she's suited to middle America slice of life indie movies, not blockbusters like Man of Steel etc

11. Post
    Scientist Amy Adams will be in a race against time to decipher the alien language and establish contact. If she doesn't meet the deadline then a jerky high-ranking military officer or politician will order attacks against the alien crafts.

12. Post
    With the fate of humanity hanging in the balance Amy Adams bravely ignores protocol and sneaks onto the alien ship in a last ditch attempt to avert a possible all out inter-species conflict.

13. Post
    and fin

well done boys.

that's what? 200 mil in the bank? ez pz

14. Post
    That looks amazing!

15. Post
    Groowee wrote:
    and fin

well done boys.

that's what? 200 mil in the bank? ez pz
    Na not done. There needs to be an emotional hook of some kind. Maybe her son died in a tragic bass fishing accident and the alien finds out his name was Elliot and freaks out. WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME! And the big reveal is the alien was E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.

Now that's 200mil in the bank.

16. Post
    yea saw some of the reviews. pretty insane. Amy Adams must be thrilled.

17. Post
    November 10th release I see.

18. Post
    Gizmodo has a few review excerpts from reviews around the interwebs etc, sounds really good;
    http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/09/th...of-this-world/

19. Post
    Pretty good. I could've done with more alien related lore because they just montaged over a lot of it. I know it's not suppose to be about the aliens but I thought that was the most interesting part. I guess I wanted the aliens to get "The Martian" treatment where it's more procedural which is why I enjoyed the build up way more than the reveal. I definitely see opportunity for a sequel/spin-off.

20. Post
    Thought this was brilliant. The first sequence in the ship was one of the best alien encounter scenes Ive ever seen. Thoughtful and surprisingly moving, definitely a contender for best film of the year. DV can do no wrong.

21. Post
    10/10 if ur a scifi fan. would totally watch it over and over again to pick up on little bits and pieces i might have missed just like those movies like i did with interstellar and contact etc.

i love it how it didnt suck up to china to sneak their way into their market like they always do these days (im looking at you independence day 2, world war z etc!) and told the story the way they wanted to.
    Last edited by bombjack; 13th November 2016 at 10:28 pm.

22. Post
    Excellent film. Visuals and score are impressive.

23. Post
    ^ I agree, I also liked how the Aliens weren't the usual humanoid types that are trotted out in most films.

24. Post
    Loved it! And so did the other half, after she admitted it was nothing like she expected (normal alien invasion type stuff). Agreed, movie of the year for sure!