Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    On paper this sounds all me, in practice it was pretentious and dragged. I don't know what movie you guys and the rotten tomatoes critics watched. Yeah it was beautiful (though a little samey photography wise), yeah it was well performed. I just found the central point hollow and borderline juvenile. It essentially boiled down to: there is no "I"' in team. I long for a serious cerebral sci-fi, but this was not it. Best movie of year?! It was so soppy

Alien design and ships were excellent.

Sometimes the environment in which you watch a movie counts, despite the impressive visuals I think this would have been better suited to the couch.

2. Post
    I found it kind of corny but that's just me.

it was compelling, plot-wise, i suppose. Although I think the first half of the movie was poorly paced, what with the endless scenes of people breathing heavily in hazmat suits.

Spoiler:

3. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

4. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

5. Post
    MorbidNZ wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

6. Post
    I thought it was really good and very sad. I guess it impacted me more because I'm a dad and it hit me right in the feels. Aesthetically it was great and beautifully shot.

7. Post
    Yeah I know what you mean - as a parent it got me in the feels too

8. Post
    Spoiler:

Solid film from an accomplished filmmaker that didn't reach Prisoners or Sicario heights of excellence but a good watch.
    Last edited by Tormenta; 23rd November 2016 at 12:09 am.

9. Post
    This is one of the best movies I have seen in years. Wow.