Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Auckland Ramen

Anyone recommend some good ramen in Auckland, willing to travel.

2. Post
    I highly reccomend Kiraku at Elliot stables

The Dynamite Ramen is awesome if you like hot food and the Gyoza is amazing

- - - Updated - - -

3. Post
    Dragon Bowl pre-nerf

4. Post
    I hate how auckland has a billion nice ramen bars but where I live has none except a wagamamas which is shit.

5. Post
    In past when I have asked Japanese they have recommended Takara in Brown's Bay and it's my favourite. They also have a Takara in Ponsonby but it has less range.

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Elliot St?

w0lfbrains wrote:
    Dragon Bowl pre-nerf
    Not as good now?

Perplexity wrote:
    In past when I have asked Japanese they have recommended Takara in Brown's Bay and it's my favourite. They also have a Takara in Ponsonby but it has less range.
    But still good with less range?

7. Post
    Yeah

8. Post
    Tanpopo on Anzac ave in town

9. Post
    why wrote:
    Tanpopo on Anzac ave in town
    +1 recommend

10. Post
    There's a really good one in Mt Eden, it's called zool zool. Also the one in ponsonby central is really good but pricey. Decent one on Simonds street as well, I think it's called ramen do

11. Post
    Perplexity wrote:
    Was good, had the spicy black seasame ramen. will try another next weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unspecified.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	213485

12. Post
    DirtySlave wrote:
    There's a really good one in Mt Eden, it's called zool zool. Also the one in ponsonby central is really good but pricey. Decent one on Simonds street as well, I think it's called ramen do
    Yeah been to the Ramen Do one, I enjoyed it but I'm not a ramen connoisseur

13. Post
    Tanpopo in the CBD is the business.

If you want something a bit more classy for a date, Ramen Takara in Ponsonby/Browns Bay is also very nice.

14. Post
    Tanpopo has a really nice pork broth. Random trivia is they got the name from the Japanese movie "Tampopo", the movie is based around a ramen restaurant and both the words translate to "Dandelion".

jords wrote:
    Was good, had the spicy black seasame ramen. will try another next weekend.
    Glad you liked it, now I feel like some... You can order your noodles straight or curly, plus there is heaps of addons for the ramen.

i.e.awesome wrote:
    Yeah been to the Ramen Do one, I enjoyed it but I'm not a ramen connoisseur
    I like Ramen Do's "Tuke Men", which is like a deconstructed Ramen or their Hokkaido. However I stopped going because its very salty and they don't have a proper Tonkotsu.

15. Post
    Will try Tanpopo or Ramen Do this week I think (that's if I don't try the Japanese place before Kingsglaive at Sylvia Park on Saturday)

16. Post
    Tanpopo or Mentatz for reeeal

17. Post
    JC wrote:
    Mentatz for reeeal
    Already have high charisma thanks matey

18. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    Already have high charisma thanks matey

19. Post
    Tanpopo was good. Had the miso pork ramen and gyoza. Broth was quite strong. liked the Ponsonby one better imo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByGP Forums1472959565.591785.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	213780

20. Post
    Kiraku (probably best one in terms of taste) and mentaz (good price for ramen) , also Daikoku (good serving size for price), Tampopo (pretty expensive and not that great in terms of taste)

21. Post
    Ramen Do has been our regular go to ramen place.. They have a seafood/shellfish based soup base (called the Gyuokai I think) and I find it amazing!

But as Perplexity has said, you may find it quite salty.

22. Post
    I used to think that Tanpopo was quite good but since coming back from living in Japan for a year i've found it pretty bad (although I've only had it once)

I've had much better Ramen in for like 8-900Y even at chain restaurants

23. Post
    ethnic food better and cheaper at the country of origin?
    no way.

24. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    no way.
    Food may be prepped to cater to a more foreign market here and for locals at country of origin, some people may prefer how they make it from way of origin and some foreign.

25. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    no way.
    it depends.. your taste buds are cultured and learned from your experiences. If you were brought up somewhere else you would have different expectations of how something tastes etc. I really doubt many are super cultured and traveled enough but even then it matters little as only the personal taste matters to the individual in the end