Have you made the jump to 4k?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    Is this 55" and what is the price of each and what hdr content do you have?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Post
    RainDude wrote:
    Asked a million times before but shit just got real as I'm stroking the 'Buy Now' button.

KS9000 worth it over KS8000?

Or do I take that extra money and get a PS PRO!?
    If the difference is like 100 then grab the ks9000 otherwise the ks8000 the difference is negligible for most part

3. Post
    If you miss out on ps4 pro bc of price difference then you'll have more enjoyment from an 8 series with the ps4 pro.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Post
    At Noel's now. Checking dat stock status for the 55ks9000

Tap talky walky pro top

5. Post
    To get a dedicated uhd player, or just buy an Xbox one s?

Tap talky walky pro top

6. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    At Noel's now. Checking dat stock status for the 55ks9000

Tap talky walky pro top
    What's Noel's pricing on the 55ks9000?

7. Post
    Kidona wrote:
    What's Noel's pricing on the 55ks9000?
    $2777 from Harvey's. Boom! Sold

Tap talky walky pro top

8. Post
    The difference between MR (Motion Rate) 240, which the KS8000 has, and Supreme MR 240, found on the KS9000, is that the latter is specifically designed to reduce image flicker when scanning backlight is used. This technique ensures a smoother perceived motion but it also may introduce visible flickering. This is where the Supreme MR 240 has an advantage over the regular MR 240

UHD dimming is also used by the KS8000. The KS9000 has a more advanced version dubbed Supreme UHD Dimming. Just like the basic UHD Diming, it optimizes contrast, color and image detail but it does so across multiple-zones of the picture. This, however, is a small difference, and it doesn’t provide the KS9000 with any fundamental image enhancement, meaning that the KS8000 and KS9000 have almost identical picture quality

Thats the only difference I can find between the ks8000 and ks9000, you can decide if its worth it

9. Post
    Definitely seems like the KS8000 for ~$2K is the far better buy for 55". 65" and the KS9000 is the way to go.

10. Post
    DW wrote:
    Definitely seems like the KS8000 for ~$2K is the far better buy for 55". 65" and the KS9000 is the way to go.
    Yeah agreed big price gap between 55" 8000 and 9000 seems like a better option to spend an extra 1k to go 65" KS9000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Post
    Hello $310 rebate due to Product Care warranty purchase, solid AF

12. Post
    IST wrote:
    Hello $310 rebate due to Product Care warranty purchase, solid AF
    There you go

13. Post
    Damn those bloody Samsung prices! Every time I refresh the page it makes me want one even more.

Anyone found the Samsung's cheaper elsewhere or Harvey Norman where it's at?

14. Post
    Gone for the 55' KS8000 in the end, just shy of 2k. $600 cheaper than the 55' KS9000 so might as well throw that towards a PS4 Pro.

15. Post
    RainDude wrote:
    Gone for the 55' KS8000 in the end, just shy of 2k. $600 cheaper than the 55' KS9000 so might as well throw that towards a PS4 Pro.
    Nice man! Enjoy the new toys. Do they have any in stock and are you able to take it away today or do they have to deliver it?

16. Post
    Just got the 55ks9000 setup. Beautiful panel. 65" would've been too big for the spot in the lounge. My TV stand only just fits the foot of the TV. Snowball effect... Will need to get a larger more sturdy TV cabinet now.

Still undecided on ps4 pro, one s, or just uhd player....

Tap talky walky pro top

17. Post
    Kidona wrote:
    Nice man! Enjoy the new toys. Do they have any in stock and are you able to take it away today or do they have to deliver it?
    Cheers.

Don't know if they had it in stock as I bought online and reserved for pick up when I'm back in Wellington next week. Porirua and Lower Hutt had stock so could've gotten it today had I been there.

18. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Just got the 55ks9000 setup. Beautiful panel. 65" would've been too big for the spot in the lounge. My TV stand only just fits the foot of the TV. Snowball effect... Will need to get a larger more sturdy TV cabinet now.

Still undecided on ps4 pro, one s, or just uhd player....

Tap talky walky pro top
    Awesome man. If you play a lot of games i'd go with the PS4 Pro, you can always stream UHD content from Netflix and Amazon Prime to get the UHD buzz.

Which branch did you pickup your TV from?

19. Post
    SoAndSo wrote:
    There you go
    Props again on the Product Care heads up mate: it just paid for itself pretty much....so good!

20. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Will need to get a larger more sturdy TV cabinet now.
    Looks like you're setting yourself up to learn the lesson a lot of people down here in Quakechurch learnt, about why you should wall mount. Or buy a cabinet with a mount built into it at least, if you're a renter.

21. Post
    Tempted by the 65" KS9000, but the problem is I have to upgrade my receiver as well as it's pre 4K so no 4K passthrough :|

22. Post
    defiant wrote:
    Tempted by the 65" KS9000, but the problem is I have to upgrade my receiver as well as it's pre 4K so no 4K passthrough :|
    My dilemma also. Upgrading to a 4k TV means a domino affect on the rest of my components in the lounge

23. Post
    Yeah, not sure it's something I want to go through just yet

24. Post
    Anyone seen any good movie deals.

25. Post
    defiant wrote:
    good point, had not really even thought about this. I think my receiver does upscale, but assume any hdcp 2.2 content won't play.

I'm still tempted by the DX900 as I do a bit of gaming on ps4 and xbox, but still watch more stuff than play.