Have you made the jump to 4k?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    Ok, PS4 Pro gotten. Hopefully it runs sexily with the KS8000!

Doing an admirable job burning through my Christmas bonus.

2. Post
    welcome, you may as well get a pro if you've just purchased a 4k panel, its the only console that does 4k games at present and they look good

3. Post
    Yea thought so. Swinging my debit card like a samurai sword today.

Considering going balls deep and getting the Yamaha 5.1 deal at HN

4. Post
    Not a bad day if you want to upgrade to a 4k tv and get a pspro. Samsung deals are pretty decent this boxing day. If I wasn't waiting on the new line up of this spring and Sony OLEDS these would be tempting.

5. Post
    defiant wrote:
    Tempted by the 65" KS9000, but the problem is I have to upgrade my receiver as well as it's pre 4K so no 4K passthrough :|
    Not an issue on the KS9000. I don't have a 4k receiver but this is where the oneconnect unit is great. I sit the one connect on the shelf below my receiver with the TV wall mounted. The oneconnect has 4 HDMI and an optical out which i send to the receiver. Everything easley switches from the TV ... It awesome, don't stress about 4K passthrough this way and also 4K netflix works mint!

6. Post
    IST wrote:
    Props again on the Product Care heads up mate: it just paid for itself pretty much....so good!
    Whats the deal with this?

7. Post
    Link on harvey website.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    Anyone seen any good movie deals.
    30% off bluray at the warehouse, they had a few uhd ones there.

9. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    Link on harvey website.

yeah saw that they do direct replacements.

But how often do your tv's break? i got it twice in the past and both tv's still going strong today and one's from 8-10yrs ago
    Considering its a $600-800 additional ontop

10. Post
    defiant wrote:
    Tempted by the 65" KS9000, but the problem is I have to upgrade my receiver as well as it's pre 4K so no 4K passthrough :|
    Connect everything to the TV and just have sound output to receiver?

11. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Connect everything to the TV and just have sound output to receiver?
    Exactly. Except you connect to the TV's oneconnect unit, which suited me 100%

12. Post
    I couldn't get it past the financial controller.

We're expecting our first mid next year, so she's not having a bar of me splurging on things

13. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:

But how often do your tv's break? i got it twice in the past and both tv's still going strong today and one's from 8-10yrs ago
    It's not going to be that much at all. The cheaper the tv the cheaper the product care. Ask for a deal on it as well as the telly.

14. Post
    Children, ruining necessary tech purchases since ages ago.

15. Post
    questions on the oneconnect box - is it a proprietary cable? How long is the cable?

I have my tv wall mounted, and then an hdmi cable runs through the wall to a point 2 1/2-3m away where my recevier/xbox/ps4 are all housed in a cabinet. I'm assuming that's not going to work for me so I'd definitely need to look at upgrading the receiver. Not sure I ever plan on going 7.1/2, so I could grab the Yamaha RVX481 receiver as well. Even though the DX900 is listed at $4197, it was $3999 in the Porirua store today

16. Post
    mprezd wrote:
    questions on the oneconnect box - is it a proprietary cable? How long is the cable?
    Yes it's proprietary, and it's 3 meters long. pyronical says the new models this year will have a 5 meter cable between the TV and One Connect box.

17. Post
    Kidona wrote:
    Awesome man. If you play a lot of games i'd go with the PS4 Pro, you can always stream UHD content from Netflix and Amazon Prime to get the UHD buzz.

Which branch did you pickup your TV from?
    Harvey's on Tory street in welly.

Yeah, I was worried my adsl wouldn't stream 4k, but it seemed fine for YouTube. Just updated Netflix to ultra HD sub so will watch some of that later. Will sign up for Amazon prime trial too.

Am leaning towards ps4 pro because if I do game, I like the exclusives.

Tap talky walky pro top

18. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Children, ruining necessary tech purchases since ages ago.
    Sigh yep

19. Post
    SoAndSo wrote:
    It's not going to be that much at all. The cheaper the tv the cheaper the product care. Ask for a deal on it as well as the telly.
    Yeah mine was only $400 on a KS8000 for 4 years full cover with the Product Care and Price Cover.

Pretty decent, loving this 4K behemoth!

20. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:

Extended warranty has price protection for ?30? Days. I believe you can cancel anytime within 30 days for refund .... do your own homework but sounds like a good temp cover for cheaper sale? .

21. Post
    You have a 14 day cool down on HN product care. 30 day ONE TIME price promise

22. Post
    Can anyone tell me what the STAND looks like on the KS8000. Same as on the promo pic on HN website? I've googled and it shows two different stands. Just want to ensure it can fit my tv cabinet

Cheers

23. Post
    Wide feet

24. Post
    SoAndSo wrote:
    Wide feet
    Apparently there are holes for the feet to fit in closer to the centre as well, so the feet can be moved

25. Post
    Not on the 55