Have you made the jump to 4k?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    Being a big retailer, I expect an argument from them and tons of ****ing around. Guess we'll see.

2. Post
    Any idea who you spoke to at HN, very handy having the name of the dickwad you spoke to? I've found HN to be the biggest douches with after sales service.

Good luck with the refund, can't see how you wont get it. If they offer store credit tell them to get stuffed, should be at least an apology and gift voucher on top of the refund.

3. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Any idea who you spoke to at HN, very handy having the name of the dickwad you spoke to? I've found HN to be the biggest douches with after sales service.

Good luck with the refund, can't see how you wont get it. If they offer store credit tell them to get stuffed, should be at least an apology and gift voucher on top of the refund.
    The annoying thing is that I don't particularly want a refund as I know I got that at a decent price. They got them on there now on one of their bullshit 'sales' for 3.5k and I paid just over 1900 for mine.

Won't stop me having a good old bitch at them first.

4. Post
    Is it correct that the flagship Q9 model has no curved variant?

5. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Is it correct that the flagship Q9 model has no curved variant?
    From what I've seen on avs forums there is a non curved

6. Post
    Sorry, what i mean is, there is a flat/non-curved Q9, but they haven't made a curved variant.

If that's true, isn't it telling that there isn't a curved version of their top-of-the-line TV? Despite pyronical's earlier assertion that curved TV's were here to stay, wouldn't user-uptake determine that? I mean, surely a prudent manufacturer isn't going to keep making a product that consumers just aren't buying?

7. Post
    Oh sorry misread. Yes I believe there is both.

8. Post
    ^ I don't think there is - i didn't see one listed, and this seems to say the same thing;
    http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/01/th...nally-be-dead/

9. Post
    Yeah its weird Q9 is flat, Q8 is curved, Q7 is flat

10. Post
    Definitely an unusual decision.

11. Post
    The models that actually launch in NZ are undecided as of now though.

12. Post
    hopefully the q8/q9 comes in under 50 inches here

13. Post
    oceanlyner wrote:
    Unfortunately no. Had my last one stolen just before Christmas so I am impressed that I had it sorted with insurance before the end of the year.
    great purchase. Mega Jelly. I was so keen to get one but just couldn't justify in the end. Not enough 4k content and my Panny plasma is great. I may have been tempted if I got paid out for my insurance claim following the EQ, but EQC aren't really as quick as private insurers...

14. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    hopefully the q8/q9 comes in under 50 inches here
    Can confirm that they will not.

15. Post
    So I just found out Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR for PC, so my question is this: I know my G1 Gaming 980 is HDR compatible, so is my KS8000, do I need to buy a new fandangled HDMI 2.0a cable to make HDR work or is that just what output is required from the PC end?

There are no HDMI 2.0a cables on trademe, so I'm not even sure that's a thing

16. Post
    IST wrote:
    So I just found out Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR for PC, so my question is this: I know my G1 Gaming 980 is HDR compatible, so is my KS8000, do I need to buy a new fandangled HDMI 2.0a cable to make HDR work or is that just what output is required from the PC end?

There are no HDMI 2.0a cables on trademe, so I'm not even sure that's a thing
    As far as I can tell, 2.0a cables are just called "high speed HDMI".

At least that's what I gathered from Noel Leemings when I picked up one for my UHD player.

17. Post
    Haisley wrote:

At least that's what I gathered from Noel Leemings when I picked up one for my UHD player.
    If using those terms you need "Premium high speed" hdmi cables.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Cables

18. Post
    Haisley wrote:

MoNk wrote:
    Oh nice, the one I'm using probably isn't one of those: it's been the same since 2013 when I bought this Z77 mobo.

The whole HDMI thing kind of confuses me, stoked we can play ME:A in 1080/60 with HDR: wonder if a 980 would do 4K at locked 30fps...hmm (not likely I'm thinking) - anyone able to chime in who has played BF1 perhaps in 4K with a 980/3770K combo?

19. Post
    I have had cables lock me at 4k30hz in the past. I buy all my cables from Amazon.com in the Amazonbasics range. Super cheap and well reviewed.

20. Post
    Managed to get hold of my KS8000 today after a lot of bullshit with HN.

Anyway, works beautifully and looks great. Very happy with it.

Only issue I have is that my Raspberry Pi 3 don't seem to work when I try to use it with the TV. Works fine on my other two TVs.

Any ideas?

21. Post
    You should elaborate quite a bit.

22. Post
    RainDude wrote:

Let me guess; you rocked up and said "I'm not waiting until 31 January, please cancel the order!" and they magicked one up from somewhere?

23. Post
    Ended up buying a TV in the boxing day sales, was half looking at an LG one but decided not too.

Then when I was down at Harvey Norman looking for a stereo amp/speakers I spied a very nice looking 49' Sony. I looked up the reviews which were decent and the 4K demo actually looked nice, it was cheap too so bought it. Been very happy with it, though I did return the first one I got due to a dead pixel.

Been watching a bunch of 4K Hdr, 1080p and whatever garbage sky go is regurgitating and it's much better than the middle of the range Panasonic plasma I had before. Gaming on the PS4 Pro is pretty sweet too.

Totally sold on hdr now, watching The Grand Tour is a revelation in the colour palette especially since rewatching earlier episodes.

24. Post
    RainDude wrote:

Only issue I have is that my Raspberry Pi 3 don't seem to work when I try to use it with the TV. Works fine on my other two TVs.

Any ideas?
    Good to have another member of the KS8/9000 crew on board!

Bloody amazing TV, I think I might have lucked out with this panel too, no dead pix and minimal clouding: huzzah son, huzzah

25. Post
    Haisley wrote:

If we want to get super technical they need to guarantee 18gb at the minimum. This is critical over long runs, short runs you will be fine with any decent cable purchased in 2016.
    MoNk wrote: