1. Post

Outlast 2

Outlast 2 demo was released and it looks creepy awesome!

2. Post
    I'm so keen for this, Downloading it now

3. Post
    Its good you enjoy constant jump scares around every corner

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Your ignorance of the game means you should not comment on it. Then again not posting shit you were ignorant of would mean you'd never post anything right?
    There is so much more to the game than jump scares. Assuming its anything like the first one.

But hey, thanks for the snide comment!

6. Post
    like what? I've not played the first, all I got was a short 10 minute demo of constant jump scares and stick figure looking AI that looks like they're floating instead of walking

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    like what? I've not played the first, all I got was a short 10 minute demo of constant jump scares and stick figure looking AI that looks like they're floating instead of walking
    *edit* Reply was a bit on the dickish side.*edit*

I would ask to keep opinions of games to a minimum if you've only seen the tiniest of tiny slices of game play, and if you have no experience with the franchise/earlier entries in the series. Especially if you're going to be snide about it.
    Outlast was all about building tension, and dripped atmosphere. There are jump scares, and periods where they are fairly constant, but more than that are the long sequences of needing to hide from a particular creep which is actively hunting you, or long sequences with environmental stimulus building the tension. This might culminate with an explosive scare, but just as often it just keeps you on edge until it fades out. It keeps you guessing throughout.

Jump scares are NOT the core experience that drives the game.

I'm just tired of you taking a tiny shred of information about something and then making a sweeping general comment about it. You do it all the time, and as a result are just plain wrong fairly often.
    Now could Outlast 2 be nothing but a jump scare generator? Maybe, but based on the previous game I see no reason to dismiss it as such.

8. Post
    Outlast was so good on PS+, I bought the Whistleblower DLC which I still haven't finished. I don't remember any "jump scares," really it was all about running and hiding. And dying a lot.

9. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Outlast was so good on PS+, I bought the Whistleblower DLC which I still haven't finished. I don't remember any "jump scares," really it was all about running and hiding. And dying a lot.
    There are few, I remember one really well because I poured half a cup of coffee on my delicate downbelows because some crazy literally jumped at me from behind a door.
    You are absolutely correct about the rest though.

10. Post
    Oh ok, maybe they just went for maximum fear factor in the demo to try and increase hype - kinda like a tech demo is not representative of the actual gameplay

11. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    u see this is there your really start to question the validity of someone's opinion. no jump scares in outlast when a common complaint about the game was that it was full of jump scares. if outlast is "so good" then amnesia must be a masterpiece.

the events in the game are constantly accompanied with a loud sound. it cannot be understated how often this happens and yet you claim it has no jump scares. the game constantly puts you in situations where you are taken out of full control of your character and are exposed to sudden changes in imagery which are always accompanied with a loud sound and yet the game has no jump scares... whenever an enemy spots you there is a loud sound accompanying it

my point is: someone's definition of jump scare is definitely off and it is definitely not mine

12. Post
    Groowee wrote:
    u see this is there your really start to question the validity of someone's opinion.
    Translator please.

My definition of jump scare is a predetermined animation, something activated by your progress, such as the crow flying at you in the Outlast 2 demo and as ChrisB stated there's some of those in Outlast. Of course when you're discovered by an enemy, it's accompanied by a loud sound and the monster's face filling the screen, so sure it's full of those. Those were avoidable though if you listened carefully, moved cautiously and that's where the tension and heart pounding adrenaline rush came in if you ****ed it up.

So yeah Outlast 2, keen AF. Should really finish Whistleblower first tho

13. Post
    I found the demo woefully underwhelming.

14. Post
    I wasn't a fan of this demo either. I imagine the full game will be better though as it's hard to put out a demo of a game like this unless it's made like p.t or resi 7. Ripping a scene right out of the game makes it lose a lot of context.

15. Post
    PS4 Pro enhancements released: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...ents-detailed/

It will have higher shadow quality, higher quality texture filtering and more detailed meshes. That’s what we have so far, but we’re still working on some improvements.
    Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...vDeO0Vpm0o5.99

16. Post
    when it will fully launch?

17. Post
    Loved Outlast! Keen for this.

You finish Whistleblower Tormenta? It worth a download?

18. Post
    koldz wrote:
    Loved Outlast! Keen for this.

You finish Whistleblower Tormenta? It worth a download?
    I haven't finished it yet, the chainsaw guy keeps wasting me.

But it's more of the same, so if you liked the original; can recommend. I also heard something about the ending but don't want to ruin it except:

Spoiler:

19. Post

20. Post
    fuzzy2308 wrote:
    Wow, they weren't kidding.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tors-of-outlas

21. Post
    Welcome to Temple Gate. Outlast 2 will be available digitally on PC, XBOX One and Playstation 4 on April 25th.

Outlast Trinity, a physical collection of the Outlast series will also be available April 25th for Playstation 4 and XBOX One

22. Post
    they haven't confirmed the final feature set for PS4 PRO owners tho

23. Post
    Game has been banned in Australia, hopefully we don't follow suit.