1. Post
    If its not even replacing the WiiU then wtf is even the point of it?

2. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    If its not even replacing the WiiU then wtf is even the point of it?
    my ps4 can't play my ps3 games? regardless im praying that theres a DS successor because i can't live without that second screen anymore

3. Post
    No I mean apparently its not "meant" to replace the WiiU or the 3DS, suggesting they will keep selling and have their own followups. So what purpose is the Switch if its not supposed to be a sequel to either the handhelds or the consoles?

WiiU can play Wii games. Wii can play Gamecube games. 3DS can play DS games. DS can play GBA games. GBA can play GB games. This is the first time in a while they've broken backwards compatibility.

4. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    No I mean apparently its not "meant" to replace the WiiU or the 3DS, suggesting they will keep selling and have their own followups. So what purpose is the Switch if its not supposed to be a sequel to either the handhelds or the consoles?

WiiU can play Wii games. Wii can play Gamecube games. 3DS can play DS games. DS can play GBA games. GBA can play GB games. This is the first time in a while they've broken backwards compatibility.
    its another way to play nintendo games? ill say honestly, we don't have a precedent for this so it's a new area all together, just like motion controls back when the wii launched or the DS launched. People were unsure of what the second screen would provide when the DS hit and in terms of menu management its a godsend and im of the camp that would rather every WRPG/JRPG have a second screen menu.

in terms of BC the disc is pointless since no disk drive, and the architecture is probably so far removed from the 3DS that it would just overcomplicate the system if they included it even by brute force. That mario game tho looking fine is all the incentive i need right now to have my excitement high

5. Post
    While it would have been a nice to have feature, backwards compatibility isn't a high priority for me. I tend to keep my older consoles around anyway. Still got my N64, Gamecube, and Wii in the closet. Only one I can't play is the N64 due to it resetting after 30 seconds.

SNES didn't have BC, and neither did the N64 and Gamecube. No big deal. I'd rather Nintendo focus on producing high quality first party games on a more regular basis to build up the Switch's own library of games.

6. Post
    March 17th could be the release date.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1306243

7. Post
    Meh I wouldn't take it too seriously this early on. Could very well be what Ninvento are aiming for, but delays can easily happen. Or they could decide they want to push it earlier to release it as a valentines day present.

8. Post
    Just wait until Jan 12th as they will be announcing price and release date specs etc

9. Post
    I think it looks GREAT!! but then again I think all new Nintendo consoles have looked amazing. I even bought the Wii U ...and I do like it but it's a pretty crap follow up to the Wii.

10. Post
    Pretty excited about this one, cause it seems like Nintendo first step on its journey in cloud gaming.

After having seen what GeForce NOW, Playstation Now (very creative names, ah?) and in a similar note Steam in-home streaming, it's becoming quite clear a change in the business model is coming strong. Also Nintendo has always based its business around selling games, entertainment, not hardware, and a service-model will suit their approach sooo much.

11. Post
    Skip to around 5min for switch stuff.

12. Post
    Looks like its finished and ready to go then. Waiting another 3 months, because?

13. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Looks like its finished and ready to go then. Waiting another 3 months, because?
    Mass production takes time. Plus they still gotta market the console.

14. Post
    Bah. They've got ****tons of goodwill built up already, they don't need to market it for more than a couple months.

15. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Bah. They've got ****tons of goodwill built up already, they don't need to market it for more than a couple months.
    They'll need to market it for ages still, consider the normies.

16. Post
    Its not like its only going to be on sale for a year? The Wii is still sold today at some places, after, what, 10 years?

17. Post
    so seasons of heaven is the first nx exclusive game announced?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SeasonsofHeaven_NX_Editeur_001.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	215449

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SeasonsofHeaven_NX_Editeur_004.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	215448

looks a bit like a vanishing of ethan carter game, although i do admit i cant read french. Looks nice as hell though

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/64355-se...mieres-photos-

18. Post
    What a boring release slate. Since this isn't replacing 3DS I wouldn't be surprised if this is another in long line of failed Nintendo consoles.
    https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/statu...91109448523777

Dock reported to increase performance BTW.
    https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/statu...98457493024769

Also Dark Souls 3 port might be coming.
    https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/statu...02353619783680

19. Post
    Yea but this is only worth getting for Zelda.

20. Post
    Hopefully this isn't a sign that the 3rd party support death knell for another Nintendo console hasn't already begun before it's even released.
    Mass Effect: Andromeda Not Planned for Nintendo Switch
    Persona 5, Yakuza 0 Skipping Nintendo Switch

21. Post
    Pretty sure 3rd party was DOA as soon as they announced the specs, but don't care I'd only buy a Nintendo machine for exclusives

22. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Pretty sure 3rd party was DOA as soon as they announced the specs, but don't care I'd only buy a Nintendo machine for exclusives
    they've announced specs?

23. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    they've announced specs?
    "leaked" specs. But they sound pretty disappointing if legit.

Four ARM Cortex-A57 cores, max 2GHz
    NVidia second-generation Maxwell architecture
    256 CUDA cores, max 1 GHz, 1024 FLOPS/cycle
    4GB RAM (25.6 GB/s, VRAM shared)
    32 GB storage (Max transfer 400 MB/s)
    USB 2.0 & 3.0
    1280 x 720 6.2" IPS LCD
    1080p at 60 fps or 4k at 30 fps max video output
    Capcitance method, 10-point multi-touch.

24. Post
    Why disappointing? Nintendo have never made powerful hardware and their games have never been all that demanding

25. Post
    This. It can only be dissapointing to those who hoped it would get multi Plat games and don't want to own 2 consoles