Nintendo Switch (aka NX)

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Good lord. My 8 year old gaming PC is still better than all those specs.

2. Post
    I can't wait for a decent looking Pokemon game on the Switch.

3. Post
    some new stuff came out from some gamestop meeting.

Friday pre-orders will go live, and you'll be able to pre-order the switch and games (no word on the online/in store pickup though)
    Nintendo has only slated stores for 10-15 pre-order units per store (here we go again, NES classic all over again)
    Breath of the Wild will 100% be a launch title.
    Zelda accessories are coming out for the switch at launch.
    Amiibos for botw will be out 2-3 weeks before switch launch.
    A 3D Mario game is coming out at launch as well, but no name was given for the title.
    Gamestop will be getting pre-order promotional material between now and Thursday this week for in store advertising.
    Gamestop is stating a March 17th release date for the Switch.
    Gamestop has the SKU's for the units, but no pricing from Nintendo at the moment.

Last edited by Valeyard; 10th January 2017 at 12:13 pm.

4. Post
    so keen for new splatoon

5. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    "leaked" specs. But they sound pretty disappointing if legit
    In which case I'll take'em with a pint of salt, thanks.

6. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    In which case I'll take'em with a pint of salt, thanks.
    Feel free but remember that both the xbox one and ps4 leaked specs were spot on many months before release so there is accuracy presedent

7. Post
    Oh yeah, If they do differ it probably won't be by much, but we also "knew" Breath of the wild wasn't going to be a launch title too.

8. Post
    I thought it was leaked at USD$249?

9. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Why disappointing? Nintendo have never made powerful hardware and their games have never been all that demanding
    Because the Wii U sales numbers prove that Nintendo can't put out good sales numbers without the support of third-party devs. If they're really serious about building up those numbers again, they're going about it completely the wrong way.

10. Post
    But building a powerful gaming box isn't going to bring big numbers in. Most people buy Nintendo stuff for first party games. Zelda Mario etc

PS4 owns the console market, with a small mention of Xbox behind it.

11. Post
    ludez wrote:
    But building a powerful gaming box isn't going to bring big numbers in. Most people buy Nintendo stuff for first party games. Zelda Mario etc

PS4 owns the console market, with a small mention of Xbox behind it.
    It isn't about building something powerful but rather something that matches the market. Building something with ARM and 4GB of RAM when both Sony and MS have x86 architecture and 8GB of RAM is a good example of how to drive third-party devs away.

The lack of success for the Wii U proves that they can't survive on first-party support alone, they need third-party devs for the console to do even moderately well.

12. Post
    Hori accessories for the Switch. Apologies for the large sizes.

13. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    It isn't about building something powerful but rather something that matches the market. Building something with ARM and 4GB of RAM when both Sony and MS have x86 architecture and 8GB of RAM is a good example of how to drive third-party devs away.

The lack of success for the Wii U proves that they can't survive on first-party support alone, they need third-party devs for the console to do even moderately well.
    I believe nintendo has learnt from the wii u and has some tricks up their sleeves for aiding in 3rd party development. However if they dont have any tools to help 3rd party developers and expect them to develop from scratch for a new platform then they deserve it if the system flops.

14. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:
    Hori accessories for the Switch. Apologies for the large sizes.

(PICS)
    that golden one looks funky, could probably pass that off as zelda related lol but idk if its just the way i grew up but the name hori has always meant something completely different to me. At least as a south aucklander

15. Post
    Hmm, that controller looks rather small.

16. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    that golden one looks funky, could probably pass that off as zelda related lol but idk if its just the way i grew up but the name hori has always meant something completely different to me. At least as a south aucklander
    Yeah the golden case has the Lens of Truth on either side so it's definitely Zelda related.

And yes the name Hori means George in Maori but is also a very derogatory word for a Maori which it seems that you already know. Nowadays it's usage is pretty widespread but I still believe that if you're not a Maori or Pacific Islander you shouldn't say it, kinda like the N-word. I had to tell off my ignorant co-worker for saying it once lol

17. Post
    Subbing into thread, registering excitement.

18. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:
    Yeah the golden case has the Lens of Truth on either side so it's definitely Zelda related.

And yes the name Hori means George in Maori but is also a very derogatory word for a Maori which it seems that you already know. Nowadays it's usage is pretty widespread but I still believe that if you're not a Maori or Pacific Islander you shouldn't say it, kinda like the N-word. I had to tell off my ignorant co-worker for saying it once lol
    snap, didn't even see the lenses of truth on it, but yeah i never use it personally and i don't hear it much today, was just something that went around while i was in highschool for a while (james cook) back in the early 00's.

on topic though, less than 24 hours to go

19. Post
    I'm actually pretty keen to get one of these, I'm on the train quite a lot each day.

20. Post
    NZ time for the stream 5.00pm?

21. Post
    Yeah, 5pm. Getting pretty hyped for the presentation and also the Nintendo Treehouse event (live at 3.30am Saturday morning NZ time).

22. Post
    yeah 5pm tomorrow should be good.

23. Post
    5pm is an awesome time. Fingers crossed we get Zelda confirmed for launch and I'm hoping for a $250USD/$400NZD console price. Bonus would be to find out more about the next Mario game - fingers crossed it would be similar to either SM64 or Galaxy.

24. Post
    If the price is US$250, Do you think (with taxes and small market markup) that we'd be looking at around $420-$450 over here?

25. Post
    if its $400 NZD that could put a quite a dent in ps4 and xbox one sales here.