Nintendo Switch (aka NX)

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Can see virtual console being just as big on the switch, and with their subscription and a virtual console game per month, not the mention remake street fighter II, here's hoping the Nintendo release a left side joycon with the proper famous D-pad integrated instead of those 4 buttons currently on the release unit.

Not much news now, I guess everyone is now sitting and waiting.

I still have a Wii U that using to play Zelda remakes, highly considering picking up Zelda for the Wii U anyway. No special editions I can see, would be good if they do game plus amiibo like the last twilight remake game with the wolf link amiibo

2. Post
    The Warehouse has zero Nintendo Switch products listed at all, as of today.

Not even the console or game with out of stock, like the NES Classic is still here and showing out of stock. Not even the carry case that was still there for pre-order. Strange, it is like it never existed, still feel hesiant about The Warehouse, maybe they pulled out of selling it. At least with Mighty Ape you know where you stand.

EB Games, Mighty Ape, JB Hi-Fi, Noel Lemming, and even Harvey Norman still have up for pre-order. I smell a rat, think something up with The Warehouse.

3. Post
    So much easier to spend a bit more and get it from EB. At least your guaranteed to have it on launch

4. Post
    Well it's official the PS Vita is dead

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...dhelds-decline

5. Post
    Roumelio wrote:

Posting an article from 2015.....

6. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Posting an article from 2015.....
    ...in a Nintendo thread...

7. Post
    3DS wrote:
    The Warehouse has zero Nintendo Switch products listed at all, as of today.

Not even the console or game with out of stock, like the NES Classic is still here and showing out of stock. Not even the carry case that was still there for pre-order. Strange, it is like it never existed, still feel hesiant about The Warehouse, maybe they pulled out of selling it. At least with Mighty Ape you know where you stand.

EB Games, Mighty Ape, JB Hi-Fi, Noel Lemming, and even Harvey Norman still have up for pre-order. I smell a rat, think something up with The Warehouse.
    I've pre ordered twice from the warehouse, for launch PS4 and PS VR. Both arrived no problems.

They will have run out of stock so marked it as out of stock - makes sense to me.

8. Post
    koldz wrote:
    I've pre ordered twice from the warehouse, for launch PS4 and PS VR. Both arrived no problems.

They will have run out of stock so marked it as out of stock - makes sense to me.
    The man. Thanks pigdog.

9. Post
    Well less than 3 weeks till we know whether the Switch sales figures are real.

10. Post
    Can anyone confirm (that actually works at/for the warehouse) is actually sold out?
    It doesn't make sense to me considering their buying power, and the all of the several others retails store are all in stock for pre-order still.

btw. I got my PSVR from warehouse on the day, but this is different from what I seen back then. Their allocation must be crazy small if any?

11. Post
    From this morning:

The Warehouse wrote:
    Thank you for your email. They will have been removed as the preorder stock has all been allocated, therefore we cannot accept new orders. Be assured, your order will be filled and available on the date of release, as per the advice I received from our merchandise team.

12. Post
    WhatsUpMyNinja_ wrote:
    From this morning:

Boom!
    No long now boys and girls.

13. Post
    Roumelio wrote:

You're hilarious, kid.

14. Post
    Leaked rumored specs: Nvidia Maxwell 256 CUDA cores GPU, 4GB RAM, 25.6 GB/s meory, Quad core ARM processor.
    http://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-...ortex-a57-cpu/

Looks great for a handheld device, definitely weak of home console on your TV. Games cost way to much considering is tablet tech, Zelda (and maybe some other 1st party games) is justifiable, but the other 3rd party games I am having trouble trying to justify the price.

Zelda to offer DLC
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...and_inevitable

This look a bit meh, more like a patch, rather than any real content. Rip off for those who buy the special edition pack, not getting this as standard.

15. Post
    More Zelda sounds good to me - doesn't sound like it's one of those annoying scenarios where content was purposefully withheld from the standalone game.

3DS: the Neon Switch and some accessories are back for preorder at The Warehouse, so more confidence that we'll be all good for day one.
    Last edited by WhatsUpMyNinja_; 15th February 2017 at 10:25 am.

16. Post
    Ninja have you still got your ape order open?

17. Post
    Still haven't gotten around to cancelling on the off-chance it will be useful for whatever reason. Just need to remember to cancel before they charge it up for delivery!

18. Post
    someone has posted a vid from their switch that they received early.. spoilers? (just startup / UI stuff) https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/statu...33071856914433

19. Post
    I love this period just before a console release. You know the hype is real when someone just turning on their console is a cause for excitement. I watched the first few seconds but switched off - it's more fun seeing this stuff myself for the first time.

20. Post
    WhatsUpMyNinja_ wrote:
    switched off

21. Post
    That's right. I was just in EB speaking to the Nintendo official rep that was in store today. All Neon orders for the Australian market have sold out. That includes the ditch... Only grey models left now.

22. Post
    I pre-ordered a neon switch from JB hifi yesterday so they still got stock

23. Post
    They told me the last ones were today and surprisingly if you visit any store that keeps a sign up for their stock such as EB you will see the same thing. As for JB Hifi it's not unknown that may be parallel importing stock from somewhere in Asia such as Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Korea, or etc... so their stock may vary. You may also get a grey market console, which means plugs, adapters, headaches, nonsense and annoyances. All of which I faced last time I bought through JB Hifi for electronics.

The exact reason why I avoided JB like the plague is that. Along with the fact that you have to pay in full up front. They have absolutely no idea what a preorder is, what it means, or how to pay down a preorder so I told them pretty much to go and take a hike.

EB actually values my dollars and has friendly staff that will actually talk to you about your purchase. Even if I walk into JB Hifi with money I almost always feel like I'm being treated like a leper, so as a result I take my money elsewhere.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 17th February 2017 at 10:44 pm.

24. Post
    AFAIK jb NZ don't parallel gaming consoles - how would they parallel import a console AND have it available on launch day?
    I only had to put a $50 deposit down on the console.

I think you just have a shitty JB store.

25. Post
    JB Hifi may be completely different operation in New Zealand but they've been parallel importing in Australia since 2012.