Nintendo Switch (aka NX)

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 42 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Nintendo Switch (aka NX)

It's alive team

I actually really like the look of the hardware, looks refined. Wonder if it just runs wii u games, trailer showed it running all wii u games.

There's another large image but site is completely RIP lol

I hope the wii u pro controller works with it ;-;
    Last edited by Stasis; 21st October 2016 at 4:27 am.

2. Post
    This looks perfect! I'm so glad it is a fully-fledged, gimmickless home console, but with amazing portability to boot.

It's been a long time, but I'm coming back, Nintendo!

3. Post
    Wonder how much replacement Joy-con's are going to cost.

4. Post
    NVIDIA confirms the switch will be using a custom Tegra processor https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/1...ntendo-switch/

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

5. Post
    Actually looking pretty cool... hype!

6. Post
    HowickDota wrote:
    NVIDIA confirms the switch will be using a custom Tegra processor https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/1...ntendo-switch/

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
    **** yeah, awesome
    Peagles wrote:
    Actually looking pretty cool... hype!
    All aboard the hype train!

People saying it has no region locking this time too... yet to find source though but **** I hope so

7. Post
    welp it exists now

pro controller all the way!

the region locking thing was a rumour by emily rogers i believe, and with this most of her rumours were verified so it can be potentially safe to believe there's no region locking. GOD i can't wait to see pokemon or FE on the big screen

8. Post
    ^ I'm hoping it isn't aye, if it isn't ill definitely pick one up next year, otherwise it'll have to wait until 2018

9. Post

Ohhh my that's a spicy meatball

10. Post
    Based on the pics, it looks like the controller screen can't be used while its in TV mode. Will be a bit disappointing for Mario Kart at least. I was looking forward to being able to do 2P with two of those, without having to use split screen.

11. Post
    i saw a pretty gorgeous rosegold version floating around as well

12. Post
    I'm in.

13. Post
    yea this its really grown on me. At first I thought it looked stupid but looking at it now it looks great. Just need the devs and publishers to support it.

14. Post
    No interest whatsoever, those controllers look like they be OK for kids but they'll get lost easy too

15. Post
    I have to say, I was a bit skeptical after the initil rumours. This looks better than what I was expecting. I hope it gets the fulls support of third party devs as well.

16. Post
    This is something i hadn't thought about and i wonder if they will go down this path

Name:  l37vhf8jsnsx.png
Views: 473
Size:  366.4 KB

17. Post
    I hope Nintendo price this sensibly so it appeals to more than just the core Nintendo fans,
    Because this is based on nvidia tegra developers will have to have incentive to port 3rd party titles across as this will be more tricky due to the decreased memory bandwidth and the differences in architecture between current GCN/X86 consoles and the (presumably) Pascal/ARM based architecture and I just can't see them doing this with a small install base.

That being said how much will it cost to manufacture this thing? Screen (at presumably 720p) battery are cheap and I can not see nvidia charging too much for the tegra after all this gives them an opportunity do actually push the tegra into mainstream portable gaming (something they have been attempting to do for awhile) My guess is a sub $150-$170 usd manufacturing cost, so should retail for around $199-$250 usd if they really want to gain market share and get people who already have invested in this console generation to also purchase a switch, at this price point I can see it appealing to the PC gamers as a portable option. But at anymore than $300 usd I can see this going the same way as the wii u.

That being said good on nintendo for doing something different I like the concept.

18. Post
    I'm in as usual with Nintendo for their first party games, particularly now all resources used on 3DS & Wii U will be allocated to the Switch.

However, you have to assume it's going to be under powered so unless it sells like mad and developers spend the time on downgraded ports of AAA games it won't get the same AAA games Xbox & PS get, which is a shame as it would be awesome to play something like the Witcher 3 on the plane.

I would hope the battery life is 5 hours or so minimum.

19. Post
    Read somewhere that the Switch won't support 3DS cartridges or WiiU CD's. It didn't clarify whether it will support 3DS games at all. Does this mean the Switch will possibly be able to run both 3DS and WiiU games from the online store?

20. Post
    3 hour battery would be too short. 5 hours would be decent.

And I for one was hoping for 3DS backwards capability right out of the box but alas that is disappointing.

SL1CKSTA wrote:
    I hope Nintendo price this sensibly so it appeals to more than just the core Nintendo fans,
    Because this is based on nvidia tegra developers will have to have incentive to port 3rd party titles across as this will be more tricky due to the decreased memory bandwidth and the differences in architecture between current GCN/X86 consoles and the (presumably) Pascal/ARM based architecture and I just can't see them doing this with a small install base.

That being said how much will it cost to manufacture this thing? Screen (at presumably 720p) battery are cheap and I can not see nvidia charging too much for the tegra after all this gives them an opportunity do actually push the tegra into mainstream portable gaming (something they have been attempting to do for awhile) My guess is a sub $150-$170 usd manufacturing cost, so should retail for around $199-$250 usd if they really want to gain market share and get people who already have invested in this console generation to also purchase a switch, at this price point I can see it appealing to the PC gamers as a portable option. But at anymore than $300 usd I can see this going the same way as the wii u.

That being said good on nintendo for doing something different I like the concept.
    Solid post. Yes I agree on both the risk for 3rd parties to develop on the Switch and the price point.

I hope Nintendo prices the machine to be cheaper than the current basic models of the Xbone and PS4. But we all know what Nintendo are like with their console launches....unpredictable at best.

21. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Read somewhere that the Switch won't support 3DS cartridges or WiiU CD's. It didn't clarify whether it will support 3DS games at all. Does this mean the Switch will possibly be able to run both 3DS and WiiU games from the online store?
    I read that this is not the replacement for the 3ds and they will still be releasing a successor to the 3ds in the future.

22. Post
    Really? Then why is it a handheld hybrid?

23. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Really? Then why is it a handheld hybrid?
    How would it be? It's missing what 3DS people expect from the DS console series now.

24. Post
    No idea. On the nintendo page prior to release it said watch the preview trailer for our new home console. But then they also stated multiple times that it is not a replacement for the 3ds or wii u......

25. Post
    I'm so confused. I've read in a few places that its supposed to be both a handheld and a console.

E: No backward compatibility with anything so there goes any incentive I might have had to buy this. There were a couple of WiiU games I might have liked to play, but with no BC **** that.